What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let the meltdown begin

Boy, I wonder what you all would have said about US chances to win the Second World War after Kaserine Pass. (I was a History major--so I think in terms of historical references, and if you have problems with that you can take them up with my 18 year old self who stupidly chose a major as useless as history). Almost every team has a bad game, or bad season, every once in a while. Betsy Hoffman gave us the functional equivalent of a self-imposed NCAA death penalty for CU, and think how long it took SMU to pull out of the death penalty they got, even temporarily. When Hawk said that CU was burnt to the ground, he was right (little did we know that he would take a giant excavator, dig a big pit on the ruins, and then bury the ashes at the bottom of the pit, with the giant excavator having fallen in, and then set on fire by pigmies). We were, and are, in the depths of a big pit, and it is difficult to dig out. The question you (and I use the global "you" to mean the nattering nabobs of negativism on this board, not meaning to pick on DBT in particular) have to ask yourself is whether you are a CU fan after all. Whether you will stick with your team, or just give up. And yeah, I know that lots of us (self included) have stuck with this team for quite a while, and have given our hearts and money, and time, and lots of other stuff to this program. But it doesn't matter if they suck. It doesn't matter if they loose every freaking game for a decade. They are the CU Buffaloes. Walking away, or giving up hope (even if it is only a fool's hope) is not going to help things.
I was going to make the disclaimer that I and we shouldn't probably be posting our thoughts immediately after such a disheartening game.

Boy, I wonder what you all would have said about US chances to win the Second World War after Kaserine Pass. (I was a History major--so I think in terms of historical references, and if you have problems with that you can take them up with my 18 year old self who stupidly chose a major as useless as history). Almost every team has a bad game, or bad season, every once in a while. Betsy Hoffman gave us the functional equivalent of a self-imposed NCAA death penalty for CU, and think how long it took SMU to pull out of the death penalty they got, even temporarily. When Hawk said that CU was burnt to the ground, he was right (little did we know that he would take a giant excavator, dig a big pit on the ruins, and then bury the ashes at the bottom of the pit, with the giant excavator having fallen in, and then set on fire by pigmies). We were, and are, in the depths of a big pit, and it is difficult to dig out. The question you (and I use the global "you" to mean the nattering nabobs of negativism on this board, not meaning to pick on DBT in particular) have to ask yourself is whether you are a CU fan after all. Whether you will stick with your team, or just give up. And yeah, I know that lots of us (self included) have stuck with this team for quite a while, and have given our hearts and money, and time, and lots of other stuff to this program. But it doesn't matter if they suck. It doesn't matter if they loose every freaking game for a decade. They are the CU Buffaloes. Walking away, or giving up hope (even if it is only a fool's hope) is not going to help things.

Maybe I am just one of those fools who sings the alma mater at each game, and who means it. The words means something to me, and they should to all of us:

Hail, all hail our alma mater
Ever will our hearts be true
You will live with us forever
Loyal will we be to you
We sing forever your praises
Evermore our love renew
Pledge our whole devotion to you
Dear old CU.

Super fan hath spoken...

And Spiro Agnew thanks you for remembering him. William Safire too.

I fell for it again, CSUs rebuilding oline couldn't possibly dominate our awesome dline could they? I am seriously questioning my support once again. Can't believe I paid to watch that garbage. When will the pain ever end for us suffering fans?

I have been around long enough not to ever believe any story I read about how another team will have issues because of youth or inexperience, or injury. When they play CU, that stuff never matters (although it comes through in spades when CU is the team with inexperience or injuries). At the same time, i never believe any reports I see about how one unit or another of the Buffs is going to be great. It never turns out to be the case. Similarly, I have noticed that weather only seems to impact CU, and that other teams are never effected by the weather. Seriously. I remember announcers talking about 40 mph winds and how they were going to have a huge impact, but opposing quarterbacks seem unperturbed and unaffected, but when the CU quarterback throws the ball it looks like a helium balloon. And don't think that I am being sarcastic, or ironic, in light of other posts I have made about this game, and about our team. If you think that I am contradicting myself, I have a very good explanation, to wit: I am a hypocrite.

I just cant believe we have nobody on the o-line who can beat out nembot at RT. He just doesn't look any better than he was as a freshman.

Maybe I am just one of those fools who sings the alma mater at each game, and who means it. The words means something to me, and they should to all of us:

Hail, all hail our alma mater
Ever will our hearts be true
You will live with us forever
Loyal will we be to you
We sing forever your praises
Evermore our love renew
Pledge our whole devotion to you
Dear old CU.

I'm gonna rep you because this was a long ass, sunshine pumping post... but Hell... did you watch how embarrassing the last half of football was?

Actually - CU would probably do well to take a look at what Snyder has done at KSU. He's scheduled a bunch of cupcakes, built a top notch defense, and offensively, the Cats have a run-centric offense with a dual threat QB.

That sounds great, but Snyder has always been allowed more leeway on the recruiting trail than anybody who coaches here ever will have.

I just cant believe we have nobody on the o-line who can beat out nembot at RT. He just doesn't look any better than he was as a freshman.

He made a nice tackle tonight. Got called for holding for it, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna rep you because this was a long ass, sunshine pumping post... but Hell... did you watch how embarrassing the last half of football was?

Unfortunately, I did. Just like that "game" against Toledo was seared into my memory. Or that monstrosity against Sacramento State. If you want to see a badly coached defense, try to find some game film of that fiasco. And that Big-12 championship game against Texas, I remember that too. And CSU kicking CU's ass when CU was ranked no 7. in the country. I saw them all. And the national championship too. And the freaking Blockbuster Bowl where the original Coach Mac gave the proverbial finger to the fans by trying out a brand new (and incredibly stupid) offense installed between the last game of the season and the bowl game. And all the home games of the 1984 season, where CU went 1-10. In the long run, what I saw tonight won't matter. What matters is the fealty we have to our team.

I didn't like what I saw in the second half tonight, but that doesn't matter. I'm not going to give up on CU because they stink. Neither should you.

How was that Colorado's fault? Blame the refs. Can't overrule refs, last time i checked.

Yeah. That was such a non-issue anyway. Not like CU ran 5 plays. But I guess it's part of the lore and some folks thinks it bothers us to bring it up.

We are what we deserve to be because of complete mismanagement of the athletic department. Hell, McCartney almost left for SMU. Neuheisel left because the university wasn't committed to winning. Barnett tried to keep thing afloat as things deteriorated around him only to **** up and then get zero support from the administration, allowing a non-scandal to gut a program to a degree that the folks at Penn State probably used as a case study on how not to handle their very real scandal. And then Bohn came in with a vision that CU's path back to excellence was to buy new band uniforms.

This has been a 20 year deterioration. I do believe that we hit rock bottom and things are turning, but the hole was really ****ing deep.

So you left in the 3rd quarter then? Sorry had to

Stuck it out to the end.

In 2012 I bumped into a big group, and they were a little over the top. I wasn't looking forward to a repeat, but I was on the southwest side and it worked out. Thanks for your concern.

Somehow I suspect we will find a way to blame this loss on Hawk and Embree.

They are to blame for the state of the program. Buck stops with MacIntyre and it's on him tonight, but if we want to look at it more than superficially then the talent in the upper classes and a team with no one who has known what it's like to play winning college football are part of the equation here.

They are to blame for the state of the program. Buck stops with MacIntyre and it's on him tonight, but if we want to look at it more than superficially then the talent in the upper classes and a team with no one who has known what it's like to play winning college football are part of the equation here.

Yeah, I said earlier today that I thought Mac had done he was supposed to do so far, and done it well. Tonight we were favored and we **** the bed.

We looked like the better and more talented team early, and then we got cute and tried to make statements early (running 5 or 6 times in a row at the goal line,) got away from what was working (spreading the ball around,) had some terrible use of time outs (call a ****ing time out on CSU's last drive in the first half when your guys heads are clearly spinning,) and couldn't adjust to their adjustments both offensively and defensively.

That stuff is on Mac.

Otherwise, out DLine is terrible (or their Oline is better than expected,) and we still look like a soft team. Damn, I didn't expect Sefo to freak out like he did in the second half. He made assertive decisions, but not good ones.

From the point we were up 10-0 (which should have been 13 or 17 nothing)... CSU thoroughly and completely dominated this game. Wasn't even close. Ass kicking.

#IsItNovemberYet

As you are going to lead the posse to get MacIntyre fired like you did Embree? If not, why not?

As you are going to lead the posse to get MacIntyre fired like you did Embree? If not, why not?

Embree was literally the most incompetent, godawful head coach in the history of college football. If you can't recognize that, you're a ****ing clown. I'm not sure if MacIntyre is up to the job or not, but I pity anyone tasked with picking up the pieces after Embree. MacIntyre has stomped FCS teams instead of being boatraced by them, so that's a start.

So random. Are you as dumb as your post?

Not so random. I vividly remember sackman saying Embree was the wrong coach after the loss to CSU in 2012, only a 22-17 loss, not a 31-17 ass kicking like tonight. I remember Buffnik lobbying the Regents and anyone else who would listen to get Embree fired during the 2012 season. It worked.

Why should MacIntyre be held to a lower standard now? Maybe because he is white and CU fans can better relate to him?

Not so random. I vividly remember sackman saying Embree was the wrong coach after the loss to CSU in 2012, only a 22-17 loss, not a 31-17 ass kicking like tonight. I remember Buffnik lobbying the Regents and anyone else who would listen to get Embree fired during the 2012 season. It worked.

Why should MacIntyre be held to a lower standard now? Maybe because he is white and CU fans can better relate to him?

If Mac's season resembles either of Embree's then I assure you he will last just as long

Embree was literally the most incompetent, godawful head coach in the history of college football. If you can't recognize that, you're a ****ing clown. I'm not sure if MacIntyre is up to the job or not, but I pity anyone tasked with picking up the pieces after Embree. MacIntyre has stomped FCS teams instead of being boatraced by them, so that's a start.

Embree never got his ass torched by CSU. What does that say about MacIntyre? When MacIntyre goes winless in the PAC 12, will that be ok, too?

Back