What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's all calm down

To be unprepared for a ****ing BS UH team that scours Hawaii for it's talent. To play lifeless, with no sense of urgency during ANY game is completely unacceptable. Year after year of this **** is numbing, plain and simple. We have every right to be pissed and demand a much better performance. We now have the shiny new facilities that are supposed to be the game changer. If we slog by UMass, find a way to lose to CSU and sleepwalk through Nicholls State (whoever they are), mark my words, this season will be yet another disaster.

Every major football program has some pitchfork mentality in its fanbase and this program could use more of it IYAM. Up to now, Mac has had the easiest job in college football - almost no expectations whatsoever.

I don't think this loss can just be shoved aside so easily. We Absolutely needed this game. It was critical to the entire season. For us to have any realistic bowl hopes, we HAD to win this game. Recruits now look at us as having gotten No better than before. The trajectory is flat. We had EVERYTHING riding on this game and we came out and sh@t the bed. It was typical of a Sefo drive... No urgency whatsoever. The season is done now. It's over. We are playing for pride in week two. There's no "well, let's see how the team responds" to this. We SAW how the team responded to the most important game of the year. They were garbage.

I don't think this loss can just be shoved aside so easily. We Absolutely needed this game. It was critical to the entire season. For us to have any realistic bowl hopes, we HAD to win this game. Recruits now look at us as having gotten No better than before. The trajectory is flat. We had EVERYTHING riding on this game and we came out and sh@t the bed. It was typical of a Sefo drive... No urgency whatsoever. The season is done now. It's over. We are playing for pride in week two. There's no "well, let's see how the team responds" to this. We SAW how the team responded to the most important game of the year. They were garbage.
That assumes a bowl was a reasonable expectation. It is not.

We are not going bowling. We are not a 7 win team with our schedule especially. We would not be a 7 win team with air forces schedule

It assumes nothing of the kind. It acknowledges that if a bowl game was a goal of the team, they screwed the pooch in week one. Forget a bowl game now.
As much as I agree with you, let's hope the team does not share our attitude.

Guys, I know we aren't going bowling now. We had a chance to, though. It all hinged on winning at Hawaii. That's the point. They told us that a bowl game was their goal for the year... And we already know that's not going to happen AFTER ONE F-ING GAME. All this talk about "we will look at the film and make corrections" is bull$hit. The season is done. their goals are far beyond their abilities. Is it November yet?

As much as I agree with you, let's hope the team does not share our attitude.

It doesn't matter if they share that attitude or not. It's irrelevant. We already saw what their attitude is. We know that already.

And what if they roll out 3 straight wins and go 3-1?
I am not giving up yet. I'm sure 3 straight wins would get our hopes up again. Especially if we magically fix the crap we saw Thursday/Friday. However, most sane CU fans don't expect us to win 4 conference games.

And what if they roll out 3 straight wins and go 3-1?

What if?

I don't think you get it. We NEEDED that game. It was critical to the entire season. 3-1 in the OOC don't cut it. The season is, for all intents and purposes, over. No bowl game. No winning season. Another year down the tubes... And this is after the very first game of the season.

I would say it depends how we look in those wins. We better not beat those teams by 3 or some ****.

Much anger in this one there is.
Hard to disagree with him. Sitting here watching all these other teams and coaches talk, they say the same thing. They have players that do not quit and always doing what it takes to win. Where is our guy? lindsey? he is about the only player we have with that attitude. unfortunately just not quite there in skill sets and size.

The season isn't over. He has 12 weeks to win 5-6 games. Get it done.

If we can't beat Hawaii, find me six teams left in the schedule we can beat. Don't tell me we can go on the road and beat WSU or OSU, either. Because if we can't beat Hawaii, we can't beat them, either.

Well unlike you im going to see how we respond and see if we see improvement before jumping off a bridge.

Well unlike you im going to see how we respond and see if we see improvement before jumping off a bridge.

Christ. How many times do I have to say it? IT DOESNT MATTER HOW WE RESPOND! We already saw how they treat a must win game. If they can't see how vital the Hawaii game was, how are they supposed to see the importance of any other game on the schedule?

The team is a mess, but think about just how terrible this team was when Embree left. 17 year old kids were born in 1998/1999. They've been making decisions about where to go based on about 10 years of history. Look at our record, one winning season in 10 years and that was exactly 10 years ago.

A lot of long timers on this board still think we're still the same top 25 team that we were back in the late 80's to the early 2000's.

Yes, at this point we should be better. What happened vs. Hawaii was unacceptable. We should have won that game. That's rightly making a lot of people question HCMM's playcalling and game prep. Starting slow is not something we can afford when our OOC schedule is so soft. We need to have a coach who can get these guys to storm out of the gate. People are starting (or continuing) to wonder if Mac2 is the right guy for the job.

If we won that game, even by a single touchdown, that would have quieted some of these doubters, but they're not wrong.

In my heart of hearts I know that a bowl was unlikely and my prediction of one was wishcasting. Starting the season 4-0 would have really been awesome for the program.

Finishing the OOC 3-1 and being competitive vs. tough PAC12 foes would send us into 2016 with more experience at pretty much every position. I hope this Hawaii loss lights a fire under the team's asses...Maybe that's wishcasting too.

Back