What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's all calm down

You will find a similar thread or posts as yours for every season the last 10 years. There is always "Let's calm down" guy. You're now him for 2015. Congratulations Mr. "Let's calm down" guy.

Great post

As far as Thursday night-I was happy with what I saw from the defense. Getting picks off somebody (even a bad qb like Max Wittek) is an upgrade over last year. As far as the offense.....well I told you so. I was one of the few who was critical of Brian Lindgren and Gary Bernadi over the last couple years, and you guys blasted me for it. The O-Line was pathetic. During the first half, Hawaii was beating us with mainly 3 man fronts-that's just want to, and that comes back to coaching. Not only that, but Shane Callahan needs to start-I don't get the hesitation with not playing him. As far as the run game, Adkins needs to start there, and Phillip Lindsay should back him up. Moreover, rule #1 of handling a running game is you play the hot hand for everything its worth. Adkins had 22 touches for 90 yards against Hawaii. If you give him 8-10 more carries, he probably goes for 130 (at least) and another score. Unless somebody gets hurt or its short yardage, there's not a reason for Powell to do anything other than play FB-THE POSITION HE WAS RECRUITED TO PLAY. Sefo was awful. He looked like he didn't learn much from the myriad of critical turnovers he committed last year-the INT he threw in the red zone was atrocious. As far as special teams.......I don't get how we have a full-time special teams coach for three years and continue to see the crap that we see from those units. The guy who blocked the punt ran right by Sean Irwin. And the fumble by Fields? How Toby Neinas didn't follow Andy La Russa and Kent Baer out the door last year is beyond me.

The expectations don't change because of this loss. Five wins MINIMUM, or theres no reason for MM to get a fourth year. Let me put a damning statistic out there for you-Jon Embree (who was a bad hire-even his homeboy Big Al said so on the fan yesterday night) had a better record in his two years in conference play than Mike MacIntyre does right now. You don't get to spend all offseason talking about much older/better you think you are, shut everybody out but the people who cover the team (I wonder what Brian "this team will make a bowl" Howell thought after that performance?), and lose to the MWC's 11th best team in the first game of your third year. No excuse for this performance-I don't care that the game kicked off at 11pm local time-these are college students, and the bulk of them are probably up or out at that time of night anyway. I don't care about two days not being enough time to get acclimated to the time change-If thats the case, than you probably should have flown out Sunday night. I don't care that its tough to play at Hawaii-Washington and Oregon State both did last year, and they beat Hawaii-(Something we can't do on the road-Hawaii is something like 2-11 against the P5 in the last five years....with both wins coming over us) I don't care that MM thinks he had JV players his last couple years. I don't care that MM/the team thinks the officiating stunk. Don't throw an INT in the red zone. Figure out how to protect a punt properly. Have Spruce return punts.

Spot on ahoelsken per each of your points. This was/is the "go moment" for the majority of this staff (recent hires aside for the moment), and they must now deliver! Really do not understand the situation with special teams? Such a waste of money to be awful at best. Talent appears improved at several positions, unfortunately, not at critical moments and a couple of key position(s). Really stunned at this regression. The hole for this staff to dig out of...... just got deeper. Just disappointing to say the least.

The measurement of the 2015 Buffs is not against teams coached by Hawkins or Embree or Barnett or McCartney.
The measurement is how CU stacks up against the rest of the 2015 Pac12.

Jury is still out if any other P12 team looks worse than the Buffs.

Let's see how the team responds
Shut. The. ****. Up.

Epic failure on your part yet again. Your consistently horrible analysis of this program is matched only by the crapiness of the team itself.

I should learn not to start threads...but just have to say - LETS CHILL A LITTLE!!!

Yeah the loss hurts. Yes we were unprepared and a little passionless.

...but this was our first game at Hawaii, on the big island (UH is always a tough out at home on their first game) at freakin 1AM in the rain. We barely lost by one possession.

We clearly beat ourselves. Obviously the offense is not in synch yet. Coaches got to fix some things. This year CU will still be better than last year, and next year we will be better than this year
I should learn not to start threads...but just have to say - LETS CHILL A LITTLE!!!

Yeah the loss hurts. Yes we were unprepared and a little passionless.

...but this was our first game at Hawaii, on the big island (UH is always a tough out at home on their first game) at freakin 1AM in the rain. We barely lost by one possession.

We clearly beat ourselves. Obviously the offense is not in synch yet. Coaches got to fix some things. This year CU will still be better than last year, and next year we will be better than this year.

Did you really just try to sell me on that debacle being a moral victory? I feel like we've heard nothing but excuses coming from up there for the better part of the last ten years. Some chatter about the referees at the end-Protect a punt properly. Don't throw a critical pick in the redzone. First game at Hawaii? Funny. Washington opened out there last year, and they won. Oregon State went out there two weeks later, and they won. The game was too late? These are college kids-they're either out or still up at 11pm. Not acclimated to the time change? Fly out earlier than you did. No excuse makes up for that crap. The situation MacIntyre finds himself in is simple. The "I had a JV team" garbage my first two years doesn't hold water anymore. If he doesn't win five games this year AT LEAST, there's no reason to keep him around for a fourth year. We've got a hell of an athletic director, and he's worked his a$$ off to give these coaches what they need to succeed here. If they don't show progress this year (hence five wins-Hey, even Embree won 2 conference games his first year), don't think RG will hesitate for a moment to can MacIntyre.

The measurement of the 2015 Buffs is not against teams coached by Hawkins or Embree or Barnett or McCartney.
The measurement is how CU stacks up against the rest of the 2015 Pac12.

Jury is still out if any other P12 team looks worse than the Buffs.

Consider this-Embree had more conference wins (3) in his two years than MacIntyre does in his two.

I would say that passion was not an issue. lack of preparation, lack of protection, and poor decision making were the issues.

i beg to disagree.... the whole team showed a lack of urgency especially down the stretch!...people walking around as the clock is running, fighting and arguing with each other, sefo muct believe he is blameless...as bad as the oline was he was as indecisive with his reads as ive ever seen...it looked like his college debut

It shouldn't, but I'm not giving up after one week.
I'm not giving up either. I want to see improvement. Coach the guys to the best of the players ability. If things are too complicated dumb it down a little. Don't ask players to do something they are not capable of doing. If they can't tell them to give Barnett a call....

No it doesn't. Taking a step back and seeing how the team responds isn't setting anything back

How many "steps back" do we have to take before we know that their response is more sh!tty football? We've taken plenty of steps back to see how they'd respond, and each time, they've responded by going out and crapping on the field.

I don't need to take any more steps back.

How many "steps back" do we have to take before we know that their response is more sh!tty football? We've taken plenty of steps back to see how they'd respond, and each time, they've responded by going out and crapping on the field.

I don't need to take any more steps back.
Under MM, we improve from year 1 to year 2. I'm willing to give it more time than one game. I hate what happened Thursday. Absolutely hate it and I'm still pissed, but I'm not going to give up after one game. I don't for a second think the offense is going to be worse than it was last year and the defense is ahead of where I thought they'd be at this time.

Lots of things happen on first games. 21 ranked Stanford just lost to a bad Northwestern team...by more than CU lost to a bad (but well wait and see) UH team. They didn't have to play at 1am in the morning.

It will shake out for better or worse in the next couple of weeks....just have to wait and see.

Bad teams can't afford to lay an egg. It's one thing if its against a conference opponent like UDub or Utah. It's another dropping a game to Hawaii or having UMass push us to the brink of a loss.

Under MM, we improve from year 1 to year 2. I'm willing to give it more time than one game. I hate what happened Thursday. Absolutely hate it and I'm still pissed, but I'm not going to give up after one game. I don't for a second think the offense is going to be worse than it was last year and the defense is ahead of where I thought they'd be at this time.
What makes you think the defense is ahead?

They forced turnovers. They stayed in their lane. They got Hawaii off the field when they needed to.

Coming into the game, most people were worried about the defense not being much in week 1 and letting Hawaii stay in the game. Well, the D kept us in the game but the O couldn't take a **** after taking a laxative.

I thought the defense played above expectations. At least the expectation I had for them. Only gave up 3 points off turnovers. Forced a couple turnovers. I'd say it was a good effort for the first game in a new defense. They're not dominant, but I thought they kept CU in the game -- especially during a first quarter of 3-and-outs with a blocked punt.

Special Teams and Offense under-performed my expectations, though. I thought those phases were where the game was lost.

I thought the defense played above expectations. At least the expectation I had for them. Only gave up 3 points off turnovers. Forced a couple turnovers. I'd say it was a good effort for the first game in a new defense. They're not dominant, but I thought they kept CU in the game -- especially during a first quarter of 3-and-outs with a blocked punt.

Special Teams and Offense under-performed my expectations, though. I thought those phases were where the game was lost.

I agree. I am not sure the mistakes on offense and special teams are as easily corrected as others though. Some fundamental issues there.

We all know that an out of sync Oline makes a whole offense look bad. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for an Oline to gel.

I realize its been ten years and everyone is tired...but if your going to go all in now is the time. There is hope left and players read these boards.

We all know that an out of sync Oline makes a whole offense look bad. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for an Oline to gel.

I realize its been ten years and everyone is tired...but if your going to go all in now is the time. There is hope left and players read these boards.
Good, then they know they need to play with more passion and urgency.

Back