What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Listening to Neil Woellk today on the radio with Joel and CJ

Bohn (Benson) better be careful here. I have to believe the majority of hardcore Buff fans, season ticket holders & donors are in favor of 1)Coach Mac, 2)Coach Mac w/Bieniemy as OC or 3)EB as HC. If any of those three choices are ignored & a 'big name' isn't hired I can easily see a **** storm headed to Boulder.

Bohn (Benson) better be careful here. I have to believe the majority of hardcore Buff fans, season ticket holders & donors are in favor of 1)Coach Mac, 2)Coach Mac w/Bieniemy as OC or 3)EB as HC. If any of those three choices are ignored & a 'big name' isn't hired I can easily see a **** storm headed to Boulder.

Exactly. It better be a pretty goddamn impressive hire if not Mac/EB.

I'm kind interested in the Mac or Mac/EB thing, but not enthralled. But I do agree, this hire will need to be able to generate a lot of buy in.

Count me as one of the faithful that would be all for a Mac/EB combo, but do we even know if that's a realistic possibility? Hell, is EB even interested in being Mac's right hand man? All I've heard is that Mac is interested, but the EB side of the equation is just speculation that he'd be willing to come along with Mac.

Exactly. It better be a pretty goddamn impressive hire if not Mac/EB.

Agreed. On a positive note De Stephano said he would like to see “a coach who is either successful now as a head coach or has recent coaching experience either with someone from the Pac 12 or the Big 12. Somebody in a conference similar to, if not equal to, the conference that we’re joining.” -- while I think he and Benson are capable of screwing up again, I think this is a good sign that we won't go the mid major route again. Or at least I HOPE we don't.

Is Bohn going to do a complete search and interview many candidates or is this another scenario where he already has his guy and the rest is just a dog and pony show?

As others stated, if it's not mac or eb, it better be an impressive hire. That does not mean calhoun.

Is Bohn going to do a complete search and interview many candidates or is this another scenario where he already has his guy and the rest is just a dog and pony show?

As others stated, if it's not mac or eb, it better be an impressive hire. That does not mean calhoun.

He at least says he is going to interview a lot of candidates.

I'm in favor of CU hiring the best possible coach. Somebody hat can win some damn football games. Whoever that is, wherever they went to school and wherever they've worked before. I really hope the new coach, whoever it is, will get a fair chance from everybody and not get dumped on by a bunch of fans who decided there was only one correct choice at there, and they were the only ones who knew enough to know who that was...

Not to mention the perception that Boulder is an extremely unfriendly place for anyone of a race other than Caucasian to live in. You help to break that perception by appointing an African American head coach. Definitely shouldn't be a major factor, but it can't be ignored either.

Shoulda listened to Mac back in the day I suppose.

I'm in favor of CU hiring the best possible coach. Somebody hat can win some damn football games. Whoever that is, wherever they went to school and wherever they've worked before. I really hope the new coach, whoever it is, will get a fair chance from everybody and not get dumped on by a bunch of fans who decided there was only one correct choice at there, and they were the only ones who knew enough to know who that was...

No ****. We all have our favorites, but when the decision is made everyone needs to rally behind them.

Until they lose to Montana State. Then fire the SOB.

He at least says he is going to interview a lot of candidates.

now is he going to give them a legit interview or is he going to give them the john embree interview? otherwise known as the candidates other than bzdelik interview

now is he going to give them a legit interview or is he going to give them the john embree interview? otherwise known as the candidates other than bzdelik interview

Hopefully it is similar to the recent men's basketball search. I believe all three interviews he made were serious interviews.

Hopefully it is similar to the recent men's basketball search. I believe all three interviews he made were serious interviews.

I agree. I think going into the process, McClain was the leader, followed by Dunlap and Boyle in third. Boyle must have really made quite the impression. That, and he's a gayhawk, just like Bohn is.

i agree. I think going into the process, mcclain was the leader, followed by dunlap and boyle in third. Boyle must have really made quite the impression. That, and he was a gayhawk, just like bohn was.

fify

Hopefully the search actually extends further than a tank of gas will take him. Sometimes I wonder if Bohn knows that there are coaches who live outside the state of Colorado. Not saying the hire has to come from out of state, but paying for a moving company to cross interstate lines shouldn't be a deal breaker in negotiations either.

Hopefully the search actually extends further than a tank of gas will take him. Sometimes I wonder if Bohn knows that there are coaches who live outside the state of Colorado. Not saying the hire has to come from out of state, but paying for a moving company to cross interstate lines shouldn't be a deal breaker in negotiations either.

Yep.

Back