What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Living well is the best revenge - Cody Hawkins

I agree...this is one of the more annoying message threads ever. Have your opinion of Cody's play, but stop stalking his tweets and facebook or whatever the **** you do...just so you can bash him. This thread is pathetic...

Honest query: is it stalking if it is on the front page? You do know that the purpose of twitter isn't exactly to have a private conversation right? It is a broadcast platform.

That said, i did start the thread. It was an interesting thing to say. Wondered what people thought.

Honest query: is it stalking if it is on the front page? You do know that the purpose of twitter isn't exactly to have a private conversation right? It is a broadcast platform.

That said, i did start the thread. It was an interesting thing to say. Wondered what people thought.

yeah fair enough...guess misdirected my annoyance at you. Sorry. You just started the thread, but the other ****s that are bashing cody need to grow the **** up...pisses me off...

yeah fair enough...guess misdirected my annoyance at you. Sorry. You just started the thread, but the other ****s that are bashing cody need to grow the **** up...pisses me off...

Fair nuff. From what I know, I do think Cody thinks CU screwed his dad over some. Makes no sense to me, but who knows for sure right? I mean, you have to cut the kid some slack, his family is being torn up by this. However, CU is welcome to screw me over for 5 mil or so :smile2:

Well, "living well is the best revenge" is not exactly insulting to anyone. I don't think it's more inflammatory than say, Ryan Miller saying "You will not outwork me."

Just sayings to which we have no context.

I don't personally take a whole lot of stock in what I consider to be a somewhat-manufactured public image when it comes to Cody, but I see no point in judging the character of an individual I don't know personally.

A lot of otherwise-good people would act emotionally and lash out in this sort of scenario. I am quite sure, actually, that I would do so myself. Whether or not Cody is a "good person" is impossible to judge by evaluating alone his public persona, so attempting to do so is a bit of a futile endeavor, IMO. He is probably upset at the moment and feels attacked.

It is difficult for him to put into context the facts that are as clear as day to any disinterested observer: that his father has vastly underperformed, that his choice of words at times leaves something to be desired (this is an understatement), and, chiefly, that fans care primarily about wins and losses and that everything else is secondary. Separating business from personal is a far-from-trivial task.

Of course, if Hawkins & Hawkins publicly and deliberately trash CU, my opinion changes. I have never been a big supporter of either of them, but judging Cody too harshly on his words and the words that will be forthcoming over the next few days is probably inappropriate. Reality probably lies somewhere in the middle: is he a saint? No. Is he a douche? Probably not.

R.E.M. - Living Well Is The Best Revenge

It's only when your poison spins into the life you'd hoped to live
That suddenly you wake up in a shaking panic - wow!
You set me up like a lamb to slaughter
Garboesque a farmer's daughter
Unbelievable, the gospel according to who?
I lay right down.

All your sad and lost apostles hum my name and flare their nostrils
Choking on the bones you toss to them
Well I'm not one to sit and spin
'Cause living well's the best revenge
Baby, I am calling you on that

Don't turn your talking points on me, history will set me free
The future's ours and you don't even rate a footnote now!
So who's chasing you? Where did you go?
You disappeared mid-sentence
In a judgement crisis I see my anecdote for it
You weakened shell.

All your sad and lost apostles hum my name and flare their nostrils
Choking on the bones you toss to them
Well I'm not one to sit and spin
'Cause living well's the best revenge
Baby, I am calling you on that

You savour your dying breath
Well, I forgive but I don't forget
You work it out, let's hear that argument again