What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Joel Klatt back to blaming the administration yet how is Tad winning in basketball with this "administration in place"

Embo had a tough job coaching CU. The team lack of overall depth and talent will be a concern for the next coach. The mistake he made was the hiring of EB and Brown. Difficult to fully judge a 2nd year coach in the current CU football climate. So I do understand where Joel Klatt is coming from. But Embo had to go, I can stomach a loss if the team was competing,getting better.

Not true. The expectations for JE were very low, and he still failed to meet those expectations. The hurdles for him to keep his job were not that high.

Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

I can't wait to hear Joel break down Peyton Manning's performance on the radio tomorrow. QB on QB right?

Joel is pathetic. He was a below average QB. You suck Joel. I hate you.

/rant

I can't wait to hear Joel break down Peyton Manning's performance on the radio tomorrow. QB on QB right?

Joel is pathetic. He was a below average QB. You suck Joel. I hate you.

/rant

Joel won some big games for CU. He was not a below average QB. Hygiene freak but good on the radio in the mornings.

Klatt was a serviceable QB for CU, but I'm not sure those teams would've been much worse off with little Hawk at QB. Klatt was certainly no Stewart, Detmer or Hessler and I long ago tired of his act. Comparing Embo to Stoops is silly, if not full retard.

Huge rant for Klatt on the radio today. Wants the AD blown up. Angry.

Why is Klatt saying on the radio this morning that this will be Bohn's 4th hire? Is he including Boyle in there too?

Klatt is saying there needs to be a change in the entire AD and I not entirely sure I disagree with him, but we also need a change higher up. We need people who demand excellence everywhere.

Decision. As in hiring and firing.

Saying 5th decision is spin to make it sound much worse and confuse ill-informed listeners.

Bohn is in the process of making his 3rd HC hire after the first two coaches only lasted a total of 7 years.

Vic Lombardi kicking Klatt's ass on the subject on The Fan right now. Vic "Joel, c'mon we all really know Bohn didn't hire Embree".

4th HC decision? Uhh, okay Joel. If you're gonna go with funny math, you might as well go full monty with it. Firing Barnett is 1, hiring Hawk is 2, firing Hawk is 3, hiring Embree is 4, firing Embree is 5, Hiring HC.Next is 6

6 HC decisions in 7 years!?!?! :lol:

Klatt is saying there needs to be a change in the entire AD and I not entirely sure I disagree with him, but we also need a change higher up. We need people who demand excellence everywhere.

This is true. Firing Embree and hiring a new coach are just the first steps. If we do not see major facilities improvements and a serious shift in support from the school very soon, we will continue to flounder. Whether this is Bohn's fault or not, I do not know. Nonetheless, I think it is appropriate to put blame on the leaders, which seem to be Bohn, Benson and DiStephano.

In regards to Klatt: You were wrong. Deal with it.

Joel is having a temper tantrum just like a petulant child who doesn't get his way.

4th HC decision? Uhh, okay Joel. If you're gonna go with funny math, you might as well go full monty with it. Firing Barnett is 1, hiring Hawk is 2, firing Hawk is 3, hiring Embree is 4, firing Embree is 5, Hiring HC.Next is 6

you forgot extending Hawk.

**** Klatt.

Pull your head out of your ass and take a honest look at the state of the program.

Where was he on the topic of CU football during the season as his friend led them to their worst season in history? He was awfully quiet about it for somebody who loves the program so much. I'm sure that the abject failure we all saw on the field this fall was somehow Mike Bohn's fault.

That's what I was saying earlier, that I don't know how he came up with "Bohn has made 4 HC decisions". If he's counting the decision to fire Barnett, then why is he not counting the decision to fire Hawk and now Embree?

I want to call in just so I can say "Hey Klatt your head still hurt from that 70-3 beatdown from Texas?"

How many millionaires are in Buffs4Life? Why didn't they step up to the plate and get something done to help JE?

When it comes to any topic other than CU, I actually like Klatt. But his opinion on CU is just ridiculously biased. I don't know how anyone can blame Bohn for canning him. I also don't know how anyone could look at what happened this year and expect things to improve.

I'm proud to be a Buff fan again. I'm looking forward to some new positive momentum.

Where was he on the topic of CU football during the season as his friend led them to their worst season in history? He was awfully quiet about it for somebody who loves the program so much. I'm sure that the abject failure we all saw on the field this fall was somehow Mike Bohn's fault.

I agree with you, as soon as the loss to csu happened you didnt hear from any of the former buffs on the fan. its been all broncos all the time.

Back