What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

DBT gets random butt hurt moments. Not sure why.
Just don't think continual ripping on Mac is fair, for one, and saying he should never be forgiven is just stupid. If you want to side with this Mayne guy, be my guest.

i don't think we should forgive mac quite yet.
OK. As long as you are open to it down the road, :lol:

i was pretty pissed at him myself. He definitely needs to earn back his respect. But to say "never" is just wrong. He was lashing out because he was hurt. That happens.

OK. As long as you are open to it down the road, :lol:

i was pretty pissed at him myself. He definitely needs to earn back his respect. But to say "never" is just wrong. He was lashing out because he was hurt. That happens.

He threw a hissie fit. Most of us grow out of that phase.

DBT - I wonder if you identify with BM, hence your quick willingness to forgive? ;)

Last edited:
Just don't think continual ripping on Mac is fair, for one, and saying he should never be forgiven is just stupid. If you want to side with this Mayne guy, be my guest.

Let them rip Mac all they want. It's not like their anonymous opinion matters. Mac doesn't need forgiveness from people on a internet message board. :lol:

He threw a hissie fit. Most of us grow out of that phase.

DBT - I wonder if you identify with BM, hence your quick willingness to forgive? ;)
Yeah. Getting crotchetyer with age! People do forget Mac is 72. Age does have its effects.

CJ and Kreckman was classic today. CJ kept asking their producer Raj, who is Indian, if he one of those long un-pronouncable names. After about the the 5th time that CJ asked him if he was sure that he didn't have a long impossible names, Raj kind of of got pissed and asked CJ if he was sure if he liked Fried Chicken. Kreckman then talks about how they are going to have to take sensitivity training during the break and Raj said that at least everybody knows that the Indian guy would get the highest score on the test. I was lmao.

That would have been funny to hear. I worked in Oakland for a bit, and with a very mixed race crew that said about every imaginable insult and sterotype imaginable, but we all liked each other and nothing was personal. Said in a different tone, the same words would have caused fights. I...white farm boy from Colorado, watched in amazement. It was...a learning experience.

There is no doubt in my mind that Joel was reprimanded now. On the radio this morning (his first day back) he was saying he can't wait to meet Mike Mac and he will help out any way he can.

He did sound dumb though because Evans asked him what he thought of the CU hire and he said, "i don't follow the WAC so I don't know much about him." But then we went on and on talking about how great of a coach Andersen is at Utah state.

There is no doubt in my mind that Joel was reprimanded now. On the radio this morning (his first day back) he was saying he can't wait to meet Mike Mac and he will help out any way he can.

He did sound dumb though because Evans asked him what he thought of the CU hire and he said, "i don't follow the WAC so I don't know much about him." But then we went on and on talking about how great of a coach Andersen is at Utah state.

I agree, and I think the punishment might have been for flying off the handle and not for his anti AD opinions. He was much calmer today, but he continued to be critical of Bohn and how the football program is being run.

Yeah, "if called upon" he will do everything he can do to help CU football. Don't hold your breath for the phone call, Joel.

especially from Bohn

Actually, in view of Klatt's offer, it would be wickedly smart of Bohn to call on Klatt as soon as possible and make him walk the walk:

Ask Joel (and Alfred) to jointly with MB, introduce HCMM at a home basketball game! That alone would be worth the price of admission.

As Michael Corleone said, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Plus, it would emphasize that Bohn is a bigger, forgiving-type man and that Klatt is a minor league pimp-weasle. His criticisms are merely "sticks and stones".

Right now, both Klatt and Williams are full of "bleed Balck&Gold". Make 'em show it or they'll be exposed as blustering phonies!

Last edited:
Actually, in view of Klatt's offer, it would be wickedly smart of Bohn to call on Klatt as soon as possible and make him walk the walk:

Ask Joel (and Alfred) to jointly with MB, introduce HCMM at a home basketball game! That alone would be worth the price of admission.

As Michael Corleone said, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Plus, it would emphasize that Bohn is a bigger, forgiving-type man and that Klatt is a minor league pimp-weasle. His criticisms are merely "sticks and stones".

Right now, both Klatt and Williams are full of "bleed Balck&Gold". Make 'em show it or they'll be exposed as blustering phonies!
I like your evil plan.

Machiavelli runs strong in this one, it does!

I love it! If it happens, someone please take close-ups of the looks on Klatt and Alfred, for some viral posting.

In guessing his time off was planned especially since he is done broadcasting games college games on Fox... Or at least a break till the bowl games. Highly unlikely he was punished

In guessing his time off was planned especially since he is done broadcasting games college games on Fox... Or at least a break till the bowl games. Highly unlikely he was punished

Agreed. I think a lot of college football broadcasters and beat writers burn vacation in the first couple of weeks of December specifically because it is the relative dead period for CFB, unless the coach of the team you cover gets fired.

Back