What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

In guessing his time off was planned especially since he is done broadcasting games college games on Fox... Or at least a break till the bowl games. Highly unlikely he was punished
Hey, shut your pie hole! We prefer to believe he was being punished! Capice?

There is no doubt in my mind that Joel was reprimanded now. On the radio this morning (his first day back) he was saying he can't wait to meet Mike Mac and he will help out any way he can.

He did sound dumb though because Evans asked him what he thought of the CU hire and he said, "i don't follow the WAC so I don't know much about him." But then we went on and on talking about how great of a coach Andersen is at Utah state.

Heard that too and Evans didn't say anything, think he was hoping for another meltdown. I'm afraid Joel is simply short on gray matter.

Heard that too and Evans didn't say anything, think he was hoping for another meltdown. I'm afraid Joel is simply short on gray matter.

His gray matter was severely altered when "family friend" Gary Barnett left him in the Miami and Texas games far too long and he suffered concussions(multiple?) as a result. He had the arm and smarts to make a run as a NFL QB, but GB's brilliance killed off any chance he had.

His gray matter was severely altered when "family friend" Gary Barnett left him in the Miami and Texas games far too long and he suffered concussions(multiple?) as a result. He had the arm and smarts to make a run as a NFL QB, but GB's brilliance killed off any chance he had.

So we should blame GB for the nonsense that comes out of his mouth?

I'm not sure he had the arm, if he had, he would have spent more than 15 minutes in the league. See, Joe Flacco and Kyle Boller, million dollar arms but not much upstairs. JK was the opposite. If he had an arm he would have been kept around longer.

Big Al said he would be 100% behind the coach if both coordinators came. Of course that was when preliminary reports said one coordinator would take over SJSU. That backfired on Al and now without any ammo it's all Broncos 24/7.

Facilities will be announced this spring and crickets will chirp from Al et al.

When CU wins only a couple games in 2013 Al will come out swinging. Redirecting his anger over Jon '1st-And-10-Sneak' Embree, to the party line criticism of Bohn.

He's no better than Rick Reilly and co.

I'm a Joel Klatt apologist but I think it is time for his CU credentials to be taken away. He admitted to NCAA violations this morning then yelled "statute of limitations" and "what are they going to do, take away my wins?"

It really wasn't that big of a deal but with all the other stuff it's bad.

I'm a Joel Klatt apologist but I think it is time for his CU credentials to be taken away. He admitted to NCAA violations this morning then yelled "statute of limitations" and "what are they going to do, take away my wins?"

To Barzil for details!

JK remains the punkiest bitch on the radio. That includes Slacker from Slacker and Steve.

Some golf outing at the champs sports bowl. It really wasn't much of anything but to say it right after all this **** went down pisses me off.

Eventually all this is gonna add up and we won't have to listen to him anymore.

I'm not sure he had the arm, if he had, he would have spent more than 15 minutes in the league. See, Joe Flacco and Kyle Boller, million dollar arms but not much upstairs. JK was the opposite. If he had an arm he would have been kept around longer.

He had to "retire" because of recurring issues with concussions---likely a direct result of having his head beat in during the 70-3 rout w/ UT.

Uh, yeah, severe headaches, issues with vision, the usual stuff YOU suffer through during your regular hangovers!

The fact that he did not have the size or arm to play NFL QB, gave him the headaches as he contemplated a life in the real world. The usual stuff.....

Someone needs to inform Joel that (1) "cup of coffee" is a baseball term and (2) even if it was a football term, being in a training camp doesn't count as having one in the NFL.

you guys are too hard on joel. he managed to parlay an extraordinarily pedestrian college football career into a job as as third tier media guy. that is reasonably impressive if you squint your eyes. ... a bit like the "glory years" when he was behind center at dear ol' CU.

Back