What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

I just turned on Irv and Joe and a caller has just suggested Dave Logan. :lol:

Could you imagine the outrage if that happened? I swear, I'd lead the black ops mission to kidnap Bohn and get him stashed onto a freight barge headed to Somalia. :lol:

Cliff notes? I love Wilcots as a analyst.

Posted this in another thread.

The interview with Solomon was pretty darn good. He stated he was a friend of Embree's but it was clear he was not getting the job done. He also felt the CU job could be pretty attractive and mentioned to go after Tressel, as BnG posted. He also stated when the job came open last go around he received calls from big name coaches that were interested.

I'm starting to think the conversation between Phil and Mike went like; "Mike, we can't afford the guys you want. Let's hire him cheap, we won't lose our ticket base, and if he doesn't work you can fire him when the PAC 12 money comes through."

Jon%20Embree%20Presser120-M.jpg

Frei on IRv and Joe. Making excuses for Embree. Didn't get enough time, yada, yada, Rich Brooks got 6 yrs to turn it around at Oregon, etc.

Alfred Williams gearing up for his show - he sounds like he is glossing over Embree and is going to focus on the admin as well

'Why even hire Embree in the first place if you didn't believe in him, all this shows is that you never believed in him' Big Al

Supposedly had a 'ton of stats that shows the positive things happening' that he will toss at us during his show.

'Why even hire Embree in the first place if you didn't believe in him, all this shows is that you never believed in him' Big Al

Supposedly had a 'ton of stats that shows the positive things happening' that he will toss at us during his show.

Well, I am intriqued now.

Got to assume there's going to be a lot of talk about punting, time of possession and penalties. :lol:

Basically, his argument thus far is that we weren't patient enough to stick with Embree. And now he's ripping Bohn for firing Barnett :lol:

Now he is full of it. Says that 2.7 - 3.1 HS students who are NCAA qualified cannot get into CU

Frei on IRv and Joe. Making excuses for Embree. Didn't get enough time, yada, yada, Rich Brooks got 6 yrs to turn it around at Oregon, etc.

As I recall Brooks had an overall losing record at UO -didn't his dad work for Brooks?

Big Al is lying about the qualification GPA stuff again. CU took some guys last year that had shaky grades, Duff and others will back this up better than me.

Mile High Sports is saying that firing Embree was absolutely the right move and that "Buffs 4 Life screwed this up and are responsible for the mess"

In Bohn's case, I think you hit the nail on the head, Al.

Can't wait to hear what his "stats" are that showed all those positive things happening. Probably how many points we scored in the second half of the last game of the season or something. As they say "lies, damn lies and statistics..."

Now he is full of it. Says that 2.7 - 3.1 HS students who are NCAA qualified cannot get into CU

They got Paulay Asiata in. Come on. All CU has said on this front is that the football team needs to try to keep the academic risks at around 20% of the recruiting class. And Phil DiStefano actually stepped in to overrule admissions and make a major exception for Embree last class.

Big Al is lying about the qualification GPA stuff again. CU took some guys last year that had shaky grades, Duff and others will back this up better than me.

I'm thinking of a couple names right now that have got to be proof that he's full of it on that....

I get the feeling that Big Al is gearing up to rip on the school for awhile this afternoon. He claims he talked to '2 scouts' when he was at the presser today.

Fact: If Jon Embree is 3-9, 4-8, 5-7 this year, he still has his job. Has nothing to do w/ Al's whining about them not believing in him... Fact is that nobody on that coaching staff knew how to coach or implement offenses/defenses much less make adjustments. Sorry, that's another tough fact for Al to handle..

Fact: If Jon Embree is 3-9, 4-8, 5-7 this year, he still has his job. Has nothing to do w/ Al's whining about them not believing in him... Fact is that nobody on that coaching staff knew how to coach or implement offenses/defenses much less make adjustments. Sorry, that's another tough fact for Al to handle..
This. Beat CSU, Sac. St. and WSU and Embo still has a job. It is as simple as that. That is a pretty frickin' low bar....

Back