What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LOL at ppl calling for a new coach...

What indications have you been given that lead you to believe Embree has the ability to turn this around? What did you see yesterday that allows you to come to that conclusion? There comes a moment with every under-performing employee when a light bulb goes on and it becomes obvious that he/she is incapable of performing the job to the standard you expect. That moment came yesterday with Embree.

I pretty much agree with you, but I will say this: if he can turn it around and get some P12 wins, we'll obviously be more forgiving about this game. Problem is, I can't see a scenario where this teams wins more than 2-3 games the rest of the season. CSU is bad bad bad.

Even then, he'll probably get a 3rd year with some staff changes. Unfortunately there's no way he's going to fire or demote EB and that's issue 1b with Marshall being 1a.

Fair enough. Do the Hawaii, UCLA, ASU, OSU, Cal, WSU games count? Or do we throw away the first season entirely? It's certain that they aren't willing to throw away their first season up in Ft. Collins. McElwain has already won 1/3 the number of games Embree has as a head coach. Think about that for a second.

Ouch and he has beaten the same number of bcs teams.

Never feel ashamed of supporting the Buffs. I've been a CU fan since Eddie Crowder was the coach. That's 8 coaches. I'll be here long after Embree is gone, and long after the guy who replaces Embree is gone. I make no apologies for supporting the Buffs and will never feel like a douchebag for supporting the program.

100%. We will be here long after Embree, Bohn, Distefano, Bensen have traded in their colors for other jobs and universities. As an alumnus of 8 years, I'm here for life. Even if our leadership and coaches are incompetent.

Boulder is one of America's greatest cities. The right people will get there eventually. Tad Boyle already has.

Fair enough. Do the Hawaii, UCLA, ASU, OSU, Cal, WSU games count? Or do we throw away the first season entirely? It's certain that they aren't willing to throw away their first season up in Ft. Collins. McElwain has already won 1/3 the number of games Embree has as a head coach. Think about that for a second.

Sacky, I agree with you but we all know he will be here next year to run this thing to the end. With that being said, he needs to be given a choice, make the changes in staff or leave. Not sure if Bohn has the balls to do it. But based on the performance yesterday, changes need to happen. If Jon does not offer to make them, give him the choice.

put off the new facilities and hire an all star staff.

i saw enough yesterday. a slower, less athletic team that is destined to be a doormat in an irrelevant lesser conference physically owned the Buffs. that was all coaching.

i'm with sacky. i've been a diehard since i was 7 years old. i've been through crowder, mallory, fairbanks, Mac, skippy, gb, hawk, and embree. i'm tired of losing

put off the new facilities and hire an all star staff.

i saw enough yesterday. a slower, less athletic team that is destined to be a doormat in an irrelevant lesser conference physically owned the Buffs. that was all coaching.

i'm with sacky. i've been a diehard since i was 7 years old. i've been through crowder, mallory, fairbanks, Mac, skippy, gb, hawk, and embree. i'm tired of losing

They go hand in hand. We have to do both if we really want to be relevant going forward. Not a desirable spot to be in by any stretch, but we somehow have to do both.

It is time for a change at the highest level of the University to get football back on the map. We need to only support regents that are in favor of strong athletics, and will hire top administration based on their understanding of the critical nature that a strong athletic department brings to the University.

For the first time as a fan I didnt stay angry long after that loss. I now feel fine that this school will be the door mat for many years to come...hrm what a shame.

For the first time as a fan I didnt stay angry long after that loss. I now feel fine that this school will be the door mat for many years to come...hrm what a shame.

This sentiment outs you as a troll. No buff fan is "fine with" the current situation. Maybe that works elsewhere, but not in Boulder.

Considering how the Buffs played yesterday, let's just say that if the Buffs had pulled off a last minute win yesterday, would we still be calling for a new head coach or immediate changes with the staff? I would say yes, but as bad as I felt after that loss yesterday I believe we have a better overall football future than CSU will ever have. But if by some chance there would be a repeat performance next week, it might be tough to get most season ticket holders and other die hards to fill Folsom seats for a long time. Most students will abandon any thought of going to games the rest of the season.

I dont know u X, trust me, u dont get over **** like this easy. Duff hit it right on the head. Gotta work for this, we come up short ok, I can accept that a hell of alot easier than what I saw.

I think a big part of it is that most fans seemed to think that CU was significantly more talented then CSU, and that most expected CU to win by 20+. In reality most of the RMS games have been close, and you can't really make predictions based on how many three or four star recruits a team has. Especially when we're as young as we are. I'm frustrated with some missed opportunities that we had to win the game. Spotting CSU 6 points was unfortunate.. didn't like the play call to pass on fourth and goal from the 1. But can see why CU didn't want to pound the middle, as their interior wasn't containing CSU's d-line for much of the day

But it isn't as low as it can be; Embree has to right the ship, and there's plenty of time and opportunities for that to take place. If we can win 4 of our next 5, will be in good shape for the second half of the season. There might be time for a legitimate reason to fire Embree. After game 1 is probably not it.

Disagree we didn't lose because we were younger than they are. I wish we could use that excuse but I think our young guys made correctable mistakes like missed coverage and dropped passes. It was the veterans that worried me. They looked very confused at times.

I think a big part of it is that most fans seemed to think that CU was significantly more talented then CSU, and that most expected CU to win by 20+. In reality most of the RMS games have been close, and you can't really make predictions based on how many three or four star recruits a team has. Especially when we're as young as we are. I'm frustrated with some missed opportunities that we had to win the game. Spotting CSU 6 points was unfortunate.. didn't like the play call to pass on fourth and goal from the 1. But can see why CU didn't want to pound the middle, as their interior wasn't containing CSU's d-line for much of the day

But it isn't as low as it can be; Embree has to right the ship, and there's plenty of time and opportunities for that to take place. If we can win 4 of our next 5, will be in good shape for the second half of the season. There might be time for a legitimate reason to fire Embree. After game 1 is probably not it.

We are significantly more talented than CSU. Our coaches overcame that advantage, though.

If we win 4 out of our next 5 I'll be shocked. I'll eagerly jump right back on the bandwagon if that happens. It won't, but it's a nice thought.

We are significantly more talented than CSU. Our coaches overcame that advantage, though.

If we win 4 out of our next 5 I'll be shocked. I'll eagerly jump right back on the bandwagon if that happens. It won't, but it's a nice thought.

Guess I've never bought the idea that we're significantly more talented then CSU. We've had better recruiting classes, but there were so many unknowns for the team and with closed practices it was pretty much impossible to know how good or bad the team was going to be. Better recruiting classes don't necessarily mean better teams. If that was the case teams like Boise State, Utah, Kansas State, TCU, Houston wouldn't have been able to outplay teams with much better classes.

I'm not really on the bandwagon. Figured it would be a long shot to go bowling, but still think this team wins 4 or 5 games. Figured we were going to struggle more early, but as the season progresses will get better. Could be wrong, and they could be standing 1-5 after six games and I'll be right with the "Fire Embree" boosters

We have better talent than CSU, that doesn't mean we have better football players than they do. That's where coaching comes in.

Your troll act is getting old.
To be honest im getting old and can see when a team doesnt have it, and this team doesnt have IT. This program is in need of some major changes and until that happens I am fine with them losing because they are insane if they keep doing the same thing over and over(and by that I mean letting the same people ruin this program). Heads need to roll people need to be fired and im not just talking about the head coach. I want The AD head on a platter like yesterday. As for the troll thing I could care less what you think I dont come here to be liked I come here to talk about buffs and this losing thing. So for now I will be fine with them losing until they fire a lot of people.

I am exceedingly disappointed with yesterday's result, but I was surprised (not sure why, in hindsight) that folks are calling for the firing of any coaches after one game. Everyone needs to step away from the ledge and take a deep breath. We were terrible last year (arguably the worst defense to take the field in 100+ years of CU football), lost all of our skill players and replaced them with underclassman. You don't improve that way. I was hoping that we would come out sharp and whip CSU's ass, but there was a very real chance that our freshman starters would periodically screw up royally, the QB who just showed up on campus a month ago would have communication problems with his receivers, and a not very good O-line would still not be very good. None of us should be shocked that all of those things came true.

I know that patience and realism are not the trademarks of college football fan bases, but that is exactly what is called for. Perhaps a bit of history is called for here as well: Bill McCartney had loosing records his first 3 seasons at the helm. His 3rd year, we went 1-10 after winning 4 games in his second year. Think there were a few people calling for his head? Frank Beamer had losing seasons in 4 of his first 6 years, including going 2-8-1 in his 6th year. I'm guessing the fans were keen on replacing him. Since then, VT has gone 185-58, including 8 straight 10+ win seasons. My point is that it is almost impossible to tell the talent of a HC or coaching staff within a few years of inheriting a rebuilding project, let alone one year + 1 game into the job. Everyone needs to just keep going to the games, show your support, and hope that this young team and coaching staff get their stuff together sooner than later. GO BUFFS!

To be honest im getting old and can see when a team doesnt have it, and this team doesnt have IT. This program is in need of some major changes and until that happens I am fine with them losing because they are insane if they keep doing the same thing over and over(and by that I mean letting the same people ruin this program). Heads need to roll people need to be fired and im not just talking about the head coach. I want The AD head on a platter like yesterday. As for the troll thing I could care less what you think I dont come here to be liked I come here to talk about buffs and this losing thing. So for now I will be fine with them losing until they fire a lot of people.

You've seen my thoughts along with those of everyone else. Everyone is frustrated. The difference is we're CU fans, and you're a troll.

I am exceedingly disappointed with yesterday's result, but I was surprised (not sure why, in hindsight) that folks are calling for the firing of any coaches after one game. Everyone needs to step away from the ledge and take a deep breath. We were terrible last year (arguably the worst defense to take the field in 100+ years of CU football), lost all of our skill players and replaced them with underclassman. You don't improve that way. I was hoping that we would come out sharp and whip CSU's ass, but there was a very real chance that our freshman starters would periodically screw up royally, the QB who just showed up on campus a month ago would have communication problems with his receivers, and a not very good O-line would still not be very good. None of us should be shocked that all of those things came true.

I know that patience and realism are not the trademarks of college football fan bases, but that is exactly what is called for. Perhaps a bit of history is called for here as well: Bill McCartney had loosing records his first 3 seasons at the helm. His 3rd year, we went 1-10 after winning 4 games in his second year. Think there were a few people calling for his head? Frank Beamer had losing seasons in 4 of his first 6 years, including going 2-8-1 in his 6th year. I'm guessing the fans were keen on replacing him. Since then, VT has gone 185-58, including 8 straight 10+ win seasons. My point is that it is almost impossible to tell the talent of a HC or coaching staff within a few years of inheriting a rebuilding project, let alone one year + 1 game into the job. Everyone needs to just keep going to the games, show your support, and hope that this young team and coaching staff get their stuff together sooner than later. GO BUFFS!

Please, honest to god, tell me you aren't even remotely implying that Embree is the next Frank Beamer. Even when VT sucked (and I was one of the few people paying attention at that time), Beamer's teams played smart, disciplined, tough football. We don't do any of those 3 things. It's one thing to suck but put your money where your mouth is in establishing an identity. This staff does the opposite. Talk a big game about smashmouth Colorado football, and when it comes time to put the money where their collective mouths are, they get soft and go for the pass on 4th and inches at the goal line.

Last edited:
It is time for a change at the highest level of the University to get football back on the map. We need to only support regents that are in favor of strong athletics, and will hire top administration based on their understanding of the critical nature that a strong athletic department brings to the University.

What is your proposal to accomplish this?

Back