What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi absolutely killed Klatt today

Sorry, Klatt is a moron. I really liked his show with CJ, they were pretty good, but his ego is getting the best of him.

If he wants strong leadership and that was really the problem at CU why did we not hear one peep about it until Embo was fired? The answer is because as long as Embo got his, it wasn't an issue. It only became an issue when there was a precieved need to (futilely in my opinion) cover Embo's failure to achieve the main objective of his job that led to his firing.

I actually heard Klatt say what he was doing was defending GB, Hawk and Embo by insisting on leadership. What a hypocrite, does he think we are too stupid to remember his rants about Hawk that included such high minded things like calling Hawk a Janet Reno look a like? Yeah Joel, you were calling for leadership then too. Jackass.

Embree is pointing out why he was not qualified to be an executive. He couldn't figure out that as the chief executive, you delegate. Get an intern to bring people water, etc. He had no experience with delegating like a CEO, now he wants to complain about getting caught up in details. So glad he's gone - not HC material on so many levels.

And the second part to that leadership trait is that leaders can delegate tasks, but they can never delegate responsibility. He was responsible for all those young student-athletes, like it or not. If he tasked someone to ensure a person was going to class, it was still ultimately on him to ensure the requirement was fulfilled.

Joel really embarrassed himself today. He came off as unprofessional, and immature. Im glad it happened.

...btw did anyone hear Klatt compare his time at CU to the 2001, and 1990 squads? I could've swore he did.

I tried to stay diplomatic at the beginning of this whole dust-up and chock it up to a mere disagreement with some people who logically disagree. However - they (Klatt, Big Al, Mac) have gotten so personal and nasty that I have lost all respect for them as a broadcasters and CU alum.

This thing has spiraled way out of control and we can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Those guys are dead to me.

Sorry, Klatt is a moron. I really liked his show with CJ, they were pretty good, but his ego is getting the best of him.

There are a million examples of his ego getting the best of him... But the worst imo was when he emphatically told Mike Bohn at the end of their interview on Monday (right before he called him a liar) "Get it done, Mike. Get it done." He was talking about getting the program's affairs in order. As if this mediocre former QB turned radio talking head has any authority to shout orders at the AD. Just a total lack of respect and delusions of grandeur.

I am so ****ing tired of this bull**** spewing from certain media personalities in this town. First, why the **** is it the ADs job to suppy bottle water, its called a ****ing cup and water fountain. Second, the lack of chairs, i dont know what room set up is at Dal Ward but that is such a simple request the janitor could fix that problem. The only way a request for chairs gets deniend is if they are ****ing Brookstone massage chairs. Third, this is the first time i heard any refrence about JE having to fundraise for training table and having to run around campus monitering kids. Was bottle water not in the preseason budget? And from my understanding that coahes moniter how long a player watches film on their Ipads why not make them check in on their Ipad when they attend class? Really simple fixes without extra resources in my opinion, none with direct correlation to the product on the field. Its just bull**** in order to deflect the blame.

Nobody in any department at the University of Colorado is greater than the University as a whole. Lets turn the page, it's over, 1-11 is a thing of the past. If Bohn ****s this next hire up he is gone, we get the next AD and the next head coach. I am looking towards the future of Colorado football and putting all this behind.

Gram--

In college football today there is water EVERYWHERE. They make sure that the players are VERY hydrated. To not have a complete abundance of water at practice would be criminal negligence. They have PLENTY of water.

That Embree wanted his coaches to have bottled water....

Then it's a good thing for his wallet that he didn't win that many games. He would have had to buy the bricks himself! :lol:

There is chatter out there that Embree allegedly commented that they didn't have enough chairs in the meeting rooms, and Embree had to bring bottled water to work for his staff, at his expense, because CU wouldn't provide it to them.

I'll take that under advisement. As you can see from my join date and amount of posts that I'm rusty.

More on Jon failing as an executive. Couldn't he expense the chairs and water?

Rep.

Would have been better without the emoticon, however.

I'll take that under advisement. As you can see from my join date and amount of posts that I'm rusty.

More on Jon failing as an executive. Couldn't he expense the chairs and water?

Couldn't rep you. I'm out. I hope someone else takes care of you.

The guys I work with are buying the Joel Klatt poison. That is, that Embree didn't get the support of the University as exampled by the water/desk thing. It isn't that those, in themselves, are a big deal. It is that they are evidence​ that the AD didn't support Embree. Despite what we believe or think, that is a prevalent thought out there. I think we forget that us message board guys are much more engaged than a lot of folks. That doesn't make us right or wrong.

To paraphrase: The pro Embree argument is that he didn't get support.

Damn... Our losses are clearly the fault of this university endorsed "green" initiatives. After all...

- Water bottles destroy the environment
- The new desk would have cost the life of a tree

Jon is completely exonerated and wrongly terminated. Blame the tree huggers!

I just went back and browsed Klatt's twitter today - man he got crushed all day :lol:

Klatt spent a great deal of time ranting about Hawkins and how awful he was. He ranted and ranted. He has hardly been heard the last two years discussing Embree.

There is chatter out there that Embree allegedly commented that they didn't have enough chairs in the meeting rooms, and Embree had to bring bottled water to work for his staff, at his expense, because CU wouldn't provide it to them.

This keeps coming up, and I don't buy it at all. I've been in Dal Ward and seen at least 3 refrigerators stocked with not just water, but Muscle Milk, Sports drinks, even coconut water. One is literally outside the door of Embree's office.

I don't think Lombardi won it going away. People are dumb, and when Klatt yelled, "you are making my point!", even though Lombardi wasn't making his point, people were influenced. I do think Lombardi was better, especially at the beginning. the facts are that no one expected the Buffs to be good. That being said, the A.D. didn't call a qb sneak on first down. The A.D. didnt get a delay of game penalty immediately after calling a timeout to avoid a delay of game penalty and the A.D. didnt make the opposing coach say, "I can't figure out for the life of me why they did it but we are glad they did.". FACT: No top 25 (being generous) team in the country would put up with this. Hell, Southern Miss didn't put up with it.

The guys I work with are buying the Joel Klatt poison. That is, that Embree didn't get the support of the University as exampled by the water/desk thing. It isn't that those, in themselves, are a big deal. It is that they are evidence​ that the AD didn't support Embree. Despite what we believe or think, that is a prevalent thought out there. I think we forget that us message board guys are much more engaged than a lot of folks. That doesn't make us right or wrong.

But the argument can't be that he got LESS support than any other coach. So the answer is simple. He had the same amount of support that Hawkins and the others did, but he and his staff performed much worse even given those circumstances.

This keeps coming up, and I don't buy it at all. I've been in Dal Ward and seen at least 3 refrigerators stocked with not just water, but Muscle Milk, Sports drinks, even coconut water. One is literally outside the door of Embree's office.

But does Bohn provide an employee to carry said drinks out to the practice field? Things like this are what are keeping CU down.

Weirdest interview I have heard in a long time.

Klatt has always had the sanctimonious streak, just amplified now.

DANG! If Jon just had some water bottles he could have thrown them at Ka-Reem Berry and tripped him up many times down in Tucson! Woulda held him to only 310 yds. instead of that naaaasty 360!

The guys you work with....engineers, right?

Back