What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi absolutely killed Klatt today

Klatt embarrassed himself this morning. It should be clear by now that the former Buffs who are now media have set their sights on getting Bohn fired and will say anything to have that happen. More concerning, they are willing to sacrifice the search for the new coach in order to get what they want. The odds that Klatt or Williams or Mac will do anything but undermine the next coach are nil. These guys thought that Embree would walk in a work magic and when he failed miserably, rather than admit they were wrong, they are striking out like teenage mean girls. Sad and disgusting.

Embree told his talking heads that he did not receive the full support of CU for his coaching endeavors. He told them that one of the reasons he was unsuccessful at CU was because he spent so much time dealing with things that were not related to coaching, that it took away from his coaching time.

His examples of this included:

1) The desk in his office was the same desk that Dan Hawkins had. For some unexplained reason, this was unacceptable to Jon Embree. Embree apparently had to spend his own money to purchase a new desk for his office.

2) There were apparently not enough chairs in the team meeting rooms for all of the players. I have not heard the full story on this one. I don't know if chairs had to be borrowed from another room, or if chairs had to be purchased out of Embree's pocket, or what.

3) Apparently the coaches were not supplied with bottled water for practice. (Why they needed bottled water has not been explained.) Therefore, Jon Embree had to purchase bottled water on his own, to provide for his coaches.

4) Klatt said that coaches had to spend a portion of their day driving around to make sure that the student athletes who were in academic jeopardy (having trouble with school) were actually going to class. Bohn told Klatt during their call yesterday that this information was incorrect, and CU had people (not coaches) who were on campus to perform these checks. Several people from Allbuffs have chimed in (and even identified people by name) to say that Klatt's information is incorrect, and in fact there are people (non coaches) who do go around to make sure kids are going to class.

Embree might have spent too much time in the pros. You don't have unlimited funds, you don't give your players their play book on an iPad, you have to go out and schmooze donors and reagents. You don't just coach and that is it. I'm getting sick of this and I think it's starting to affect out coaching search. Klatt is just.. He sounds like a spoiled brat.

Embree might have spent too much time in the pros. You don't have unlimited funds, you don't give your players their play book on an iPad, you have to go out and schmooze donors and reagents. You don't just coach and that is it. I'm getting sick of this and I think it's starting to affect out coaching search. Klatt is just.. He sounds like a spoiled brat.

Absolutely spot on. Klatt seemed to think that it is an imposition for Jon Embree to have been asked to participate in fundraising and schmoozing with alumni and donors. Every football coach is expected to do that, and that was not one of Embree's complaints--water and the desk were his complaints.

Absolutely spot on. Klatt seemed to think that it is an imposition for Jon Embree to have been asked to participate in fundraising and schmoozing with alumni and donors. Every football coach is expected to do that, and that was not one of Embree's complaints--water and the desk were his complaints.

Keep in mind that a lot of this chatter are from the Embreeistas is on *local* talk radio. Not national talk radio. And most of the locals already know good and well the quality of Jon Embree CU Football. Quite astutely several of the nationals have also chimed in with the difficulty in defending JE after the last 12 games. There are a lot of good coaches that want this job. And the admin seems to breaking from the previous academic paradigm of over over site. Some good years might finally be ahead of us again.

The Embreeistas are butt hurt. They just traded places with the fans.

Last edited:
Notre Dame has Touchdown Jesus on a wall, CU has him on the radio (Klatt) In case you don't believe me, just ask him.

I would really like to see Embree go to a D2 school and work his way back up. This job was to big for him. He has a lot of good qualities in a coach. He is loyal, he is a father figure, he knows what he wants, he sets expectations and holds people accountable, and he cares for the kids he recruits.

He needs to go to a program where they can play smash mouth football but where he can't get out "athleted" out of the gates so he can figure out how to manage games as they are going on.

The guys I work with are buying the Joel Klatt poison. That is, that Embree didn't get the support of the University as exampled by the water/desk thing. It isn't that those, in themselves, are a big deal. It is that they are evidence​ that the AD didn't support Embree. Despite what we believe or think, that is a prevalent thought out there. I think we forget that us message board guys are much more engaged than a lot of folks. That doesn't make us right or wrong.

To paraphrase: The pro Embree argument is that he didn't get support.

That stuff is all petty bull****, and likely only marginally true. What matters more is the lack of top notch facilities. But the only reason Jon was hired was because the AD was strapped for cash, so he has no business complaining about any of this.

I would really like to see Embree go to a D2 school and work his way back up. This job was to big for him. He has a lot of good qualities in a coach. He is loyal, he is a father figure, he knows what he wants, he sets expectations and holds people accountable, and he cares for the kids he recruits.

He needs to go to a program where they can play smash mouth football but where he can't get out "athleted" out of the gates so he can figure out how to manage games as they are going on.

Amen. I am severely dissapointed that he can't see that he and his crew were not ready for the big leagues, but hope he does start at a smaller level and earn the right to come back someday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back