What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi: "CU very interested in Bobby Petrino"

Look, Petrino swoops in here, we guarantee him facilities, he wins 6 games for us, he keeps his nose clean, and he gets hired out somewhere else and we're a much better spot than right now.

I will take this is a second.

Well, I have mixed feelings. BP is a great coach and CU would be winning some games right away. The two things that concern me are: (1) character, or lack thereof, and (2) the effects of number (1).

If a guy will lie to his wife and mother of his children so he can dip his wick in a twentysomething, then he lie about anything if it suits him. That sort of lack of commitment is what leads him to a different job be every 24 months or so.

I realize pragmatism rules the day now, and everything, including moral standards, are for sale if it "works". BP would win here...but not for very long, he'd be gone as soon as the next bright shiny object came by. But it would be a fun 2-3 years. JMO.

Yeah, well Bohn also said that we would keep Embree for at least another year. (He actually never said that to my knowledge, but I'm just a desperate fan, hoping for some slight glimmer of hope).

And just like that, he was gone...
Usual+suspects+hes+gone.jpg

Yeah, well Bohn also said that we would keep Embree for at least another year. (He actually never said that to my knowledge, but I'm just a desperate fan, hoping for some slight glimmer of hope).

I like your line of thinking here. :thumbsup:

I was genuinely excited for about 5 minutes there.

This is surprising to me.

This guy is as dishonest as they come. He left Atlanta high and dry. He lied about interviewing for the Auburn job. He lied to his athletic director about hiring his gf.

Can he coach football? Absolutely. Would I trust him with anything dear to me? Absolutely not.

Love to have a winner like Petrino. The leaving Atlanta is a tad bothersome. But as far as lying for what job you're interviewing for..... that is commonplace. No coach will ever admit interest or admit to interviewing publicly if he is coaching another team. He has some personal baggage but as someone said no NCAA infractions just a bad personal choice. I would LOVE to have him but unlikely i'd say

**** this thread.

Would I want BP here? Sure, if he could coach up the kids and get a recruiting foundation built up before leaving us high and dry. But, now that I've read this whole thing and gone from interested to excited to realistic, there's no way. Bohn won't hire him, he probably wouldn't come anyway, and the more **** like this pops up the more I realize that we're probably going to be underwhelmed with the new hire.

Love to have a winner like Petrino. The leaving Atlanta is a tad bothersome. But as far as lying for what job you're interviewing for..... that is commonplace. No coach will ever admit interest or admit to interviewing publicly if he is coaching another team. He has some personal baggage but as someone said no NCAA infractions just a bad personal choice. I would LOVE to have him but unlikely i'd say

Lying to his AD is going to be the largest obstacle to overcome.

Can't trust him, 2.5 million or so when he'd split in a second. We have to make the right move, stakes couldn't be higher.

The best coach in CFB lied to the Dolphins and their fans. Would anyone be mad if Saban wanted to come here?

At minimum, it shows we are serious about the next candidate and looking at a lot of options, potentially regardless of cost.

**** this thread.

Would I want BP here? Sure, if he could coach up the kids and get a recruiting foundation built up before leaving us high and dry. But, now that I've read this whole thing and gone from interested to excited to realistic, there's no way. Bohn won't hire him, he probably wouldn't come anyway, and the more **** like this pops up the more I realize that we're probably going to be underwhelmed with the new hire.
Whoever the hire is, he won't stack up to a high flying winner who bangs blond coed VB players, so in that respect, yeah, we'll be underwhelmed.

Has the CU admin been playing it too safe the last decade? Petrino has violated no NCAA rules so I do not see any problems with that. Time for Bohn to grow some balls and firing Embree is just the beginning.

And for those saying BP won't make that mistake again...I think you are absolutely right. Next time, he will make sure he doesn't get caught.

Can't trust him, 2.5 million or so when he'd split in a second. We have to make the right move, stakes couldn't be higher.

If he were here for a few years with say a Stitt or Stitt-type I would be happy to have him for a limited time.

Bohn is playing the media masterfully imho. Floating tons of names, but no actual details, and I'm betting we've heard little to nothing about the main candidate.

If I wanted Gary Anderson, but he was on the fence, I'd float this rumor too.
I was wondering something similar, from both sides.

If I'm Petrino, the best way to force Auburn's hand is to get the rumor out there that other schools are interested
If I'm CU, maybe interest from Petrino pushes up the urgency level of some of the other candidates

For the people who think this is a good idea, I point you to a few things:

1. Very system-oriented coach who tends to take defensive recruiting lightly.
2. Complete control freak. Basically controls every aspect of coaching.
3. He will leave CU high and dry. And then we have to deal with points #1 and #2.

Back