What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lombardi: "CU very interested in Bobby Petrino"

Bohn's denial to Ringo, if false, could just be payback for Ringo's BS over the last few weeks...

Bohn is playing the media masterfully imho. Floating tons of names, but no actual details, and I'm betting we've heard little to nothing about the main candidate.

He's not talking about Calhoun. Please someone make him start talking about Calhoun.

We have some blondes on the volleyball team? Either she likes some cash or his old ass is packing some meat.

Look even if we were interested in Petrino he isnt coming here, Auburn and Tennessee are going to get into a bidding war over him and we can't play in that pool.

For the people who think this is a good idea, I point you to a few things:

1. Very system-oriented coach who tends to take defensive recruiting lightly.
2. Complete control freak. Basically controls every aspect of coaching.
3. He will leave CU high and dry. And then we have to deal with points #1 and #2.
I think this is actually a good thing. The last four coaches through here have complained that they had to manage every single aspect of the entire program; having a coach that views that as a good thing would be a strength for us IMO. I actually want a control freak in charge at this point (isn't Saban the same way?).

Bohn is playing the media masterfully imho. Floating tons of names, but no actual details, and I'm betting we've heard little to nothing about the main candidate.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is the case. Bohn would have to have massive balls to hire Petrino. Good coach, no question. But real potential for major backlash and if it didn't work out Bohn would be chased out of town with pitch forks.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is the case. Bohn would have to have massive balls to hire Petrino. Good coach, no question. But real potential for major backlash and if it didn't work out Bohn would be chased out of town with pitch forks.

Meh, he is gone if this hire doesn't work out anyways. Might as well shoot for the stars.

^^^Whoever Bohn hires, if he doesn't produce, will result in MB being run out of town with a pitchfork, torch bearing mob hot on his heels.

We have some blondes on the volleyball team? Either she likes some cash or his old ass is packing some meat.
Petrino is lucky his wife let him keep both! Don't believe he will be welcomein Boulder. He will end up at Auburn where they don't care who or what you screw as long as you win.

He's getting chased out of town with a pitchfork regardless of who the next coach is if they fail.

I was wondering something similar, from both sides.

If I'm Petrino, the best way to force Auburn's hand is to get the rumor out there that other schools are interested
If I'm CU, maybe interest from Petrino pushes up the urgency level of some of the other candidates

If this is the play for Bohn though, why come out with an almost immediate denial. Let it play out for awhile to take advantage of the leverage.

For the people who think this is a good idea, I point you to a few things:

1. Very system-oriented coach who tends to take defensive recruiting lightly.
2. Complete control freak. Basically controls every aspect of coaching.
3. He will leave CU high and dry. And then we have to deal with points #1 and #2.

And he went 41-9 at Louisville and 34-17 at Arkansas

And then what happened?

bobby-petrino-was-cheating-with-jessica-dorrell-hollywoodgrind-1.jpg

ever tried to get a handy on a motorcycle?

Has the CU admin been playing it too safe the last decade? Petrino has violated no NCAA rules so I do not see any problems with that. Time for Bohn to grow some balls and firing Embree is just the beginning.

He may not have violated any NCAA rules but he hired his mistress to an officially posted Univ. of Arkansas job, which could have potentially opened the University of Arkansas up to all kinds of civil liability

Things sure are changing fast. Wasn't it just yesterday or the day before that Bohn said his main targets are guys who are currently coaching? Is this a trial balloon to see what the reaction would be?

If so, this fan's reaction is: HELL YES. Hire him. Hire him yesterday. Get him his own personal volleyball assistant and a private "office" in the Dal Ward.

But stay off the damn motorcycle

If this is the play for Bohn though, why come out with an almost immediate denial. Let it play out for awhile to take advantage of the leverage.
Maybe it was floating in the inner circles (with agents, etc) for a day or two before it leaked out to where the media got a hold of it?

She must have a good ass or something, I'm not seeing how special she is. I don't know if I trust a man that can't even drive a bike. Maybe she was giving him a hand job, that's an excuse at least.

He may not have violated any NCAA rules but he hired his mistress to an officially posted Univ. of Arkansas job, which could have potentially opened the University of Arkansas up to all kinds of civil liability

What's stopping Bohn from including clauses in Petrino's contract for termination with cause where the school wouldn't be on the hook for Petrino's buyout?

Back