What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

long road ahead...

Where'd that come from?

Just saying, you need to keep the faith. Rome wasn't built in a day and Embree's program is going to take a few years. It isn't as bad as you think. Don't lay down and cry yourself to sleep is all I am saying.

Just saying, you need to keep the faith. Rome wasn't built in a day and Embree's program is going to take a few years. It isn't as bad as you think. Don't lay down and cry yourself to sleep is all I am saying.
I'm not. Just sick considering how fall we've fallen to the point that Purdue and KSjU fans think they're better than CU. Pretty damn depressing.

JMO - before the season, pretty much everyone thought that the game in the Shoe was going to be a beatdown. Then OSU played like **** the first three games of the season and we thought we might have a better chance. To look back on it now and say that we're further behind than anyone expected because we got our asses kicked in the Shoe is pretty silly.

Take a look at the game. It's overly simplistic to think that just because they've got freshmen playing and kid coach, we should beat them at home. OSU was able to dominate the LoS both ways all game, and it enabled them to have a not very complicated game plan and still be very successful. The talent gap was evident from the very beginning, but you have to remember that this is Ohio freakin State. All of those kids were recruited by Jim Tressel. The vast majority of our kids were recruited by D2D. Braxton Miller might have been a freshman, but he's also the kind of kid that Hawkins could probably never recruit. Tressel was an excellent recruiter, and Ohio State is an easy place to recruit to. It might take us years to get to a high level of competition nationally, but even Mac never had the advantages in recruiting that a guy like Tressel could exploit at OSU. A coach at CU has to be able to do better than just count on bringing in highly recruited kids, and that's a challenge that Embree knew about and is willing to tackle.

Our special teams were awful. The game got out of hand because OSU had short fields consistently in the first three quarters. We all knew that for CU to have a shot, we were going to have to play a near-perfect game, and we absolutely did not. I agree that the kids were intimidated, but it didn't help that everything went OSU's way in the first half, and special teams did everything they could to help. There is no doubt in my mind that the kids actually showed a lot of poise and resilience in only being down 10 going into that awful decision by Speedy right before the half, and keeping OSU out of the end zone at that point. D2D's team would have been down 21-28 points at the half, and would have lost by 45-50 points.

There is definitely a lot of work to be done, and I do not look forward to playing Oregon or Stanford. But I wasn't really looking forward to that game in the first place. There are still winnable games on the schedule, and I believe that as long as injuries don't decimate us during this ridiculously long and bye-free schedule, the coaching staff will have us fighting to the end.

We have young kids contributing, we will have a better recruiting class coming in this year, and we will continue to get better. I haven't seen anything thus far to make me think that there is any direction but up.

Back