What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Long Snapper Candidates in fall of 2010

AlferdJasper

On the roster:

Joe Silipo, Senior

DT/Snapper
Cherry Creek HS, Colorado
Attended two years and played one season at UNC, Greeley
Was fourth on depth chart at snapper for CU in 2009.

Mario Conte, redshirt Freshman
Mullen HS, Colorado
primarily a WR, learning the art of snapping

Ryan Iverson, Newport High School CA
Says he is committed to Colorado

Stephen Barber, Dakota Ridge, Colorado
Considered walking on to Colorado: Has attended CU practices this spring.

Neither Iverson nor Barber show up in the Rivals or Scout databases in my quick search.

I didn't see Iverson or Barber either. They're also not in the ESPN database. Makes it hard to create profiles on them.

from my observations, we are lacking consistency at long snapper - especially on punt team. The two incoming guys (assuming they both come here) will have a shot at it.

I think Iverson may be The Answer.... :thumbsup:

Seriously, I think we're all going to realize how spoiled we've been the last few years. Never having to worry about a long snap is something you don't think about, unless something goes wrong. Hopefully somebody steps up...

Dakota Ridge's Stephen Barber is also a very very good long snapper. If he chooses Colorado, I'd hope that works out for him. He's been at practice, so interest is there at some level. A friend that met him at the practice said he is a big, big kid, really looks the part.

Just to throw you for a loop, Iverson is also a linebacker, just in case the snapping isn't where it's at.

In this story that mentions Iverson, there's another twist ...
Brinkley said senior Ryan Iverson, another tireless worker in the gym, is looking to be a long snapper in college.

Brinkley said Colorado State and Kansas have shown interest in Iverson, a first-team All-Sunset League linebacker.

Brinkley added senior Dillan Freiberg, who shared the Sunset League Kicker of the Year award, suffered a hairline fracture during the boys’ soccer season and is out for the season.

Brinkley said Arizona State and Colorado are interested in Freiberg as a possible walk-on player. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo has also shown interest in Freiberg, who made 11 of 12 field-goal attempts last season.

Iverson has a pretty good photo gallery here:

http://www.berecruited.com/high-schools/california/newport-beach/newport-harbor-high-school/football

11713308.jpg
28705232.jpg

And there is some info on him at MaxPreps:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/BNVukJ6Ookimh06i8SY-nA/football-fall-09/stats-ryan-iverson.htm

Back