What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lonzo Ball's dad.

BuffLuke80

Club Member
Club Member
I know the guy wants the best for his son and what not but damn, shut up already. Say he is the first pick in the draft, he's already gonna be a target. Now your mouth is making it worse. As a dad, I don't see how you're helping your kid doing that bull****.

He's nutty. I think Lonzo is going to be a bona fide star at the next level, but I'm worried about the younger brothers only because the dad is so nuts. Worried as a fan of basketball talent, as a biased buffs fan I hope the younger Balls flame out at UCLA.

Lavar is the worst type of parent, living vicariously through his kids. At least Lonzo has escaped his dad seemingly relatively unaffected and I wish him well, but in my experience LaMelo is arrogant and delusional and I frankly hope he gets a massive reality check one day.

Lavar is the worst type of parent, living vicariously through his kids. At least Lonzo has escaped his dad seemingly relatively unaffected and I wish him well, but in my experience LaMelo is arrogant and delusional and I frankly hope he gets a massive reality check one day.

Lonzo is, by far, the best of the three brothers.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/02/25/lamelo-ball-missed-20-3-pointers-in-a-playoff-loss/

Chino Hills, the school where Lonzo Ball’s little brothers play high school basketball, lost to Mater Dei in the California Interscholastic Federation Southern Section playoffs on Friday. Bol Bol had 14 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks for Mater Dei.

As for the Ball brothers…LiAngelo scored 26 points on 9 of 32 shots – including 5 of 18 from three.

LaMelo Ball was even worse, making just 8 of 33 shots and going an astounding 8 for 28 from 3-point land. Jump to the 14-minute mark of the video below if you’d like to see LaMelo dribble for 20-seconds at the end of regulation before throwing up an extremely ugly 30-footer contested by two defenders.

Family business. Hyping the product. Will not hurt his NBA status at all. Type of guy other guys want to play with.

Family business. Hyping the product. Will not hurt his NBA status at all. Type of guy other guys want to play with.
No it won't hurt his draft stock. Other things however, very different story imho. Maybe that's my old school thinking perhaps.

Worst kind of dad: Indulged his kids' dreams of playing bball in college and beyond, invested in them profusely, showers them with love and support, raised them to be respectable young men with no run ins with the law and no attitude problems not normally associated with 16-18 year olds.

El oh ****ing el.

Worst kind of dad: Indulged his kids' dreams of playing bball in college and beyond, invested in them profusely, showers them with love and support, raised them to be respectable young men with no run ins with the law and no attitude problems not normally associated with 16-18 year olds.

El oh ****ing el.
Amazing you can type that well with his cock in your mouth. I said worst type of parent, one who lives vicariously through his kids, that other **** is irrelevant to whether that fact is true. There are plenty of people raised by narcissists like him who would laugh at this defense of a narcissist, it's what they hear their entire lives but it doesn't make it valid. I don't know him or his home life and neither do you, but still he lives vicariously through his kids, which is the worst type of parent in my opinion regardless of who we're talking about and what they've done.

Amazing you can type that well with his cock in your mouth. I said worst type of parent, one who lives vicariously through his kids, that other **** is irrelevant to whether that fact is true. There are plenty of people raised by narcissists like him who would laugh at this defense of a narcissist, it's what they hear their entire lives but it doesn't make it valid. I don't know him or his home life and neither do you, but still he lives vicariously through his kids, which is the worst type of parent in my opinion regardless of who we're talking about and what they've done.

Actually parenting is irrelevant. Word.

And, btw, I do know him and his home life.

Also, it sounds like you've got your own issues and your own **** to work out. Let the Ball family do their own thing.

wow. he did't call your mom a hoe or something like that. easy there killa

Sounds like the dad who will be on twitter bashing the coach and teammates of his son when he is in the NBA.

@Jeric you're caught in your over reactive feelings about a dad whose worst sin is speaking provocatively about his sons.

Would I like it if my dad said some of the things he said? No, hell no. But to even insinuate that he's "the worst kind of parent" is so ****ing insane and idiotic. He's not beating his kids, not encouraging them to act immorally, any of that. Check your holier than thou bull**** at the door.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having 3 kids who were outstanding athletes, college stars/NBA prospects, through whom I could vicariously live my athletic dreams. And if someone insulted me I would assume they were jealous and dismiss it.

@Jeric you're caught in your over reactive feelings about a dad whose worst sin is speaking provocatively about his sons.

Would I like it if my dad said some of the things he said? No, hell no. But to even insinuate that he's "the worst kind of parent" is so ****ing insane and idiotic. He's not beating his kids, not encouraging them to act immorally, any of that. Check your holier than thou bull**** at the door.
Rich coming from BSN trash. Frankly to have this sort of reaction when what I meant was obvious and is a very common opinion of the situation is insane and idiotic. If you want to be the Ball's social justice warrior, I'm not the place to start.

Last edited:
Rich coming from BSN. Frankly to have this sort of reaction when what I meant was obvious and is a very common opinion of the situation is insane and idiotic. If you want to be the Ball's social justice warrior, I'm not the place to start.
lol this is the lamest type of response. I'm not on the BSN payroll and haven't been for almost a year when I handed off the reigns to Shapiro.

If Lavar being Lavar pisses you off this much, can't imagine walking through life like that.

But anyways.

Lavar is a douche...
Any grown man who calls himself "Big Baller" is one.
The style of play he has basically forced on Chino Hills is basically not even basketball, and Id be ashamed if my kids played the way LiAngelo and LaMelo do...
Also, WTF at those names.

That is so funny. However, the media needs to ignore lavar (spell-check keeps trying to force me to call him larvae) pretty soon as his act will quickly get tiresome.
I don't think he's acting.

These types of parents that are obsessed with the media/attention are the worst. I didn't really have an issue with the $1 billion shoe contract because it seems similar to what agents do all the time when they leak impossible contract amounts so that a deal worth a little less seems like a steal but man he needs to stop it with the dumb statements about who is better at basketball between his family and other great players. Feel bad for Lonzo too since he doesn't do anything, plays great team ball and then has this clown spewing stupid **** to the media the whole time.

Back