What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #23 (AP)/ #20 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #48 (NET) Washington (Boulder, Sat., 1/25, 7:00 PM, Fox Sports 1)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The Buffs try to complete the weekend sweep over the Washington schools when they face off against Washington (12-8, 2-5) Saturday evening. The Huskies are coming off a tough one point loss (66-67) on Thursday at Utah.

GO BUFFS- Beat the dawgs!!!

Their roster for Lookalike suggestions
- https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?roster=181&path=mbball
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links:
Game Notes
- https://cubuffs.com/documents/2020/1/24/cunotes_washington.pdf

Live video - Game is being shown live on Fox Sports 1 (FS1). For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that channel, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/.

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2399&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=749400335001864745 . Game is also broadcast on the radio, typically on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

With Bey out, a lot of guys got increased minutes and played well. It will be interesing to watch how much the bench plays tonight. His thoughts on his sprained hand aren't the most encouraging: “I do think that if someone hits it again, the way that I hurt it, it definitely would get worse,” Bey said. “But that’s part of the game. I want to play." Their strength is their forwards and maybe DW is back enough that he can be bigger factor tonight

With Bey out, a lot of guys got increased minutes and played well. It will be interesing to watch how much the bench plays tonight. His thoughts on his sprained hand aren't the most encouraging: “I do think that if someone hits it again, the way that I hurt it, it definitely would get worse,” Bey said. “But that’s part of the game. I want to play." Their strength is their forwards and maybe DW is back enough that he can be bigger factor tonight
Bey is playing tonight.

Anyone enjoy seeing Walton go to the floor diving for a ball the other night? He seems to be gaining confidence. I wonder if he’ll become more of a factor as we get closer to the tournament season?

I'm nervous about this one. UW seems to **** the bed a lot this year, and I do think we're the better overall team. However, they have the two players with the highest ceilings - hope they don't play anywhere near it tonight. Go Buffs - think we pull it out, but I'm nervous...

Preview of this evening's game -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/1/24/...against-washington-collect-weekend-sweep.aspx

"
BOULDER — Saturday night, the Colorado Buffaloes will try to finish a weekend the way they started, something they have yet to accomplish in Pac-12 play this year.

To do that, they will have to beat a Washington team they haven't beaten since 2017, a string of five games — including three last season.

Tipoff between the 23rd-ranked Buffs (15-4 overall, 4-2 Pac-12) and the Huskies (12-8, 2-5) is set for 7 p.m. at the CU Events Center.

"I told these guys if we want to compete for a Pac-12 championship, we have to win (Saturday)," Boyle said after Friday's practice. "That's the bottom line. I don't say that to put pressure on them. There's no pressure involved. It's, 'Do you want to do that or not?' If we do, we'll come out and play with the intensity and the toughness and the aggressiveness that we're going to need for 40 minutes."

The Huskies have clearly been a thorn in CU's side for the last couple of seasons, sweeping the regular season series both years, along with beating Colorado in the 2019 Pac-12 tournament semifinals.

This year, Mike Hopkins' Huskies are a talented but young team that still relies on the 2-3 zone defense Hopkins has made a staple of the program.

Washington opened the season with a 67-64 win over Baylor, a team now 15-1 and ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press poll. But since then, UW has had some dramatic ups and downs that include a 72-40 thumping of Southern California and a win over Oregon State, as well as losses to Utah, UCLA, Cal and Oregon.

But the fact that Washington is talented is not in dispute. UW has a pair of 6-foot-9 freshmen — Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart — who have both been been projected as NBA first-round draft picks. The Huskies' biggest problem has been filling the vacancy created when point guard Quade Green, a transfer from Kentucky, was declared ineligible in early January. Since Green's departure, the Huskies are just 1-4, including a narrow 67-66 loss Thursday at Utah that saw UW let a seven-point lead slip away in the final minutes.

"They're long and they're athletic, there's no doubt," Boyle said. "That's the M.O. with Coach Hopkins and his recruiting style. They are loaded in terms of athletes and length. But they're also very young and they're turnover prone and they have trouble scoring at times. But they've got very capable basketball players."

Indeed, it's no coincidence that more than a dozen NBA scouts are expected to be in attendance Saturday. The 6-foot-9, 250-pound Stewart is averaging 18.0 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots per game while the 6-9, 200-pound McDaniels is averaging 13.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists.

The Huskies no doubt make their living on defense. They are the Pac-12's leading team in field goal percentage defense, allowing opponents to connect on just 36.9 percent of their shots this year, including a league-leading 29.9 percent from 3-point range.

But Washington has also committed a league-high 295 turnovers, including 17 that led to 21 points for Utah in Thursday's game.

TIPOFF: The game is set for 7 p.m. at the CU Events Center.

THE SERIES: Washington holds a 17-11 all-time edge in the series, including five straight wins. Colorado has an 8-4 advantage in Boulder, but the Huskies have won the last two at the Events Center.

BROADCAST: The game will be televised by FS1 with Aaron Goldsmith and Casey Jacobsen on the call. The radio broadcast will be carried by 850 AM and 94.1 FM KOA, with Voice of the Buffs Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke.

UP NEXT: The Buffs hit the road next week for a pair of late games in Los Angeles, beginning with a Thursday game at UCLA (9 p.m.), followed by a Saturday tilt game at USC (8:30 p.m.).
"

I think the team responds tonight. I’ll get nervous if it’s a slow-paced half court slugfest, tho.

I’ll always hate UW for what happened to The Mayor. Hope we bring it tonight.

IIRC it was a freak occurrence that had nothing directly to do with any contact by a UDub player. A poor playing surface that didn't allow a player to plant a foot without sliding or causing an injury? But perhaps I'm "misremembering"?

That being said (and I trust @Buffnik doesn't mind me mentioning this) we were watching that game together at Buffalo Wild Wings in Westminster when that happened. Needless to say that Nik doesn't want to watch any more Buffs BB games with me ... considers me a jinx I guess. :cry:

Uggg, have to coach at the same time tonight. But I’m coaching like 30 seconds from my house, so I should be able to catch the 2nd half. Bummed to not be in the keg for this one.

Is it just me, or is Evan Battey reason enough to watch tonight? Love that guy.

IIRC it was a freak occurrence that had nothing directly to do with any contact by a UDub player. A poor playing surface that didn't allow a player to plant a foot without sliding or causing an injury? But perhaps I'm "misremembering"?

That being said (and I trust @Buffnik doesn't mind me mentioning this) we were watching that game together at Buffalo Wild Wings in Westminster when that happened. Needless to say that Nik doesn't want to watch any more Buffs BB games with me ... considers me a jinx I guess. :cry:
I was so pissed when Spencer went down I was out of my mind that game. I apologize. We should try another one.

Just switched back to the game ... did UDub's coach get T'd up?

Not to jinx them or anything ... but I'd say our outside game is looking pretty good right now.

Man! Stewart basically hitting Dallas in the mouth and Dallas called for the foul.

Back