What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to 2015

With Rick George's history with Embree would that have meant Jon getting another one or two years though?

yes - you've got it. George was a fan of JE and crew. No one should be convinced that Rick George is a big fan of MacIntyre. He's not stupid, unlike much of our fan base. If this team goes 2-10 with the 80th ranked recruiting class, and ZERO expected staff changes, watch and see if George tolerates this situation.

Last edited:
wrong - JE got screwed by CU, and he knows it. He and Bienemy just laugh at the notion that CU has improved under MacIntrye, who while likely going 1-17 in the PAC 12 in his first two years, with terrible recruiting. That's NOT improvement - it's a decline. Keep deceiving yourself.
just curious, how do you know what JE and EB are saying or doing?

yes - you've got it. George was a fan of JE and crew. No one should but that Rick George is a big fan of MacIntyre. He's not stupid, unlike much of our fan base. If this team goes 2-10 with the 80th ranked recruiting class, and ZERO expected staff changes, watch and see if George tolerates this situation.

Well there is something in this post I can support.

If the team does go 2-10 and recruiting sucks and no changes are made then I agree thst rg will not tolerate it. Thanks momma Embree.

Oh, so you don't know anything then, but just think you do because...?

By the end of the season, MacIntryre will have had nine opportunities to win a PAC 12 game - all he needs is one win, and he will get a chance to move forward relatively unimpeded in 2015. However, if he can't win a single conference game, which has never occurred in the history of CU football, combined with the 80th ranked recruiting class and declining attendance. ......

By the end of the season, MacIntryre will have had nine opportunities to win a PAC 12 game - all he needs is one win, and he will get a chance to move forward relatively unimpeded in 2015. However, if he can't win a single conference game, which has never occurred in the history of CU football, combined with the 80th ranked recruiting class and declining attendance. ......

Our class won't be 80th. It will be way better.

wrong - JE got screwed by CU, and he knows it. He and Bienemy just laugh at the notion that CU has improved under MacIntrye, who while likely going 1-17 in the PAC 12 in his first two years, with terrible recruiting. That's NOT improvement - it's a decline. Keep deceiving yourself.

If this is the case then they are way stupider that you are and we think they are.

I don't know who you are and what you connection is to the last staff but if you think this years team isn't light years ahead of the 1-12 team that only got one win because a team self-destructed in front of us then you need serious help.

As players Embree and E.B. are high on the list of all-time Buffs. Both were great players in an era when CU football became what we would love it to be now.

As coaches they should never have been put in the position they were in, no coach was going to save that, but they managed to drag the program further down and then made an ugly scene when they were rightly removed.

By the way you mention declining attendance. You might note that far and away the greatest decline in attendance occurred in and the season following your heros last, disastrous season in which we lost by an average of 28 points per game, and it was only that small because our opponents went into mercy mode before halftime in most games.

Had we had another season of Embree and co. we may be looking at CSU type attendance figures.

The decline in attendance is also partly due to the fact that RG isn't distributing free tickets to everyone who can say "Go Buffs"

He's not stupid, unlike much of our fan base.

fillion1.gif

Last edited:
If this is the case then they are way stupider that you are and we think they are.

I don't know who you are and what you connection is to the last staff but if you think this years team isn't light years ahead of the 1-12 team that only got one win because a team self-destructed in front of us then you need serious help.

As players Embree and E.B. are high on the list of all-time Buffs. Both were great players in an era when CU football became what we would love it to be now.

As coaches they should never have been put in the position they were in, no coach was going to save that, but they managed to drag the program further down and then made an ugly scene when they were rightly removed.

By the way you mention declining attendance. You might note that far and away the greatest decline in attendance occurred in and the season following your heros last, disastrous season in which we lost by an average of 28 points per game, and it was only that small because our opponents went into mercy mode before halftime in most games.

Had we had another season of Embree and co. we may be looking at CSU type attendance figures.

I have no recollection (dadgummit!) of any scene upon departure of JE's staff outside of Bill Mac and Jon. My impression of the time was Mac pushing the race card and then Jon getting spooled up and responded to the questions asked. I wonder if the shytestorm would not have happened if Mac would not have started it?

I have no recollection (dadgummit!) of any scene upon departure of JE's staff outside of Bill Mac and Jon. My impression of the time was Mac pushing the race card and then Jon getting spooled up and responded to the questions asked. I wonder if the shytestorm would not have happened if Mac would not have started it?

Someone was also feeding Ringo the "water bottle & desk" diatribe.

We haven't been down by 40 to fresneck state at halftime yet, so there's that.

In fairness to JE, he was handicapped by a cheap ass admin with no support. Now, he did not help his case with anything resembling coaching or teaching solid fundamentals. Or people skills. I didn't mind Mike when he was here, as I didn't know Gordon Gee or Marolt. Now we have RG I can see how horribly managed the AD was. I don't put it all on Bohn, but he should have been fighting for the attention from Benson that foorball needed. Jon was hired without proper quals, and then hamstrung by poor support on top of trying to learn a job two paygrades above where he should have been. Crappy deal for everyone.

It is nice seeing kids get coached up again and an AD that is a power to be reckoned with. It's been far too long.

I don't remember the exact sequence of events either.

Most of the assistants slipped out of town quietly. I do remember that JE was very emotional, even before the firing was announced. Bohn may have been responsible for a lot of it by pushing/allowing Jon to be front and center of the whole process. Most schools when firing a coach try to move that coach to the background as quickly as possible and turn everyones attention forward. It seems like CU did exactly the opposite.

I said it at the time and will still say that I think in the right circumstances Embree might be a decent college HC. To do that he will have to have experience as a coordinator under a HC who is a teacher to his staff and he will need a program and an AD that is supportive and provides him resources to work with. This statement pretty much applies to every potential HC but Embree had none of it when he came here.

Unfortunately due to the ugly ending I don't think he will ever get to sniff a shot at a HC job at a major school.

To your point had Mac kept his mouth shut and Bohn handled the situation better we may not even be having this conversation now. Sadly in the end everyone lost, CU, JE, his assistants, Bohn, the fans, Mac. and more.

Embree is gone. It is in the past with a previous AD. Embree is in the rear view mirror and our program has moved on. If Embree ever gets another opportunity to be a head coach at a major college again(which I doubt), he needs to thank his lucky stars. Because he shot himself in the foot, the gut, the heart, and the head, with his stupid ass racist accusation.

As far as MacIntyre, he will be here for all 4 years and maybe more regardless if he doesn't win another game this season. You claim that Bohn was classless in letting Embree go after two seasons. What does that make Rick George if he fires Mac after two years? Are you saying that Rick is just like Mike? If you claim that Embree should have been given more time, doesn't Mac deserve the same?

buff233, you are no CU fan. A fan wouldn't try to set our program back another decade with something as stupid as firing another coach after two years. It is the wrong kind of trend to send to the coaching community. Support the program of move on to another.

I still say Utah this year is a good model for where we will be next year.

I'm with dbt, and I'm hoping we really are on pace to follow utah. Over the last two years they had a ton of close losses but they look like they are past that , for the moment at least. Here's hoping were on our way . :five: and I also like how 20th stacks up! I'm drinking kool-aid a year early

yes - you've got it. George was a fan of JE and crew. No one should be convinced that Rick George is a big fan of MacIntyre. He's not stupid, unlike much of our fan base. If this team goes 2-10 with the 80th ranked recruiting class, and ZERO expected staff changes, watch and see if George tolerates this situation.

Someone's a little butt hurt by the change of direction. Im sorry you wish CU nothing but ill will but Embree's record was absolutely indefensible. Timeouts because they couldn't get a play in. Running a fourth and inches QB sneak play when you already had the first down. Then (rumor) refusing to shake up your staff at the end of season when it was clear the staff of position coaches needed someone who could focus the team (not the players, the team of coaches) and bring some sanity back to it (for the players). You know. Someone who had actually held a coordinator position before and was successful at it. That year CU won 1 game by 1 point and lost every game at home. A very tangible stat. The intangible stat was the look of quit on the sidelines.

Insanity is repeating what wasn't working and expecting a different result.

Im sorry for Jon and Eric, two great Buffs whose time at CU lead to tremendous NFL careers, but who were set in a position where they had little to no hope of succeeding. I wish them the best in their future endeavors.

At any rate, the same politics that got JE the job also failed to stop him from getting fired or just plain old got out of the way when the time came. The fact is that he IS gone and he IS NOT coming back. Its best for everyone if we just move on.

This thread needs to either get back on topic or die. Seriously, stupid

I still say Utah this year is a good model for where we will be next year.

I hope so.

They started out more solid in the OL and DL which is where you tend to win and lose a lot of games. Our OL has gotten much better this year but still has some huge question marks. Our DEs have been a serious problem. Should get better next year with additional experience and guys getting bigger and stronger but will we improve enough to be competitive.

On the other hand I think that we will be ahead of were Utah was and is at DB and at WR and QB.

Still nice to have something to reasonably look forward to.

Back