What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to Oklahoma State

I'm probably getting ahead of myself considering my one game at at a time view, but a win over OSU, and it isn't inconceivable that CU heads to Tuscon with a 18-1 record.

We'll have to sweep Washington and Wazzou on the road to do that. While it's possible, we haven't exactly proven ourselves to be road warriors. As Cville says, winning on the road in college hoops is hard. Moreover, we have a home date with ucla. And we have yet to play well against them since entering the pac.

Color me concerned for an Oregon team that can shoot visiting the keg while students are gone

:nod:

We'll lose some Pac-12 games this year. There's enough talent on every team that a hot shooting night can be all she wrote.

One thing I like about the Oregon matchup, though, is that Tad's teams have really defended them well in the past.

I'm probably getting ahead of myself considering my one game at at a time view, but a win over OSU, and it isn't inconceivable that CU heads to Tuscon with a 18-1 record.
That would be great, but I'm not really thinking about that right now.

And they've been without their best player so far this year. Oregon scares me.

I disagree. Joseph Young is their best player easily. Artis is good but not nearly the difference maker as Young is.

I would even put Moser higher than Artis cause of his rebounding and ability to create mismatches with his shooting. Artis is solid no doubt, but it seems Oregon is doing fine without him.

SHould be a good contest. They definitely have great guard depth, but if they are off, we can beat them. They don't rebound particularly well.

Oh, I think CU will definitely lose some some Pac-12 games. I just think the schedule is softer at the beginning, and treacherous at the end. Obviously Oregon and UCLA are very high quality programs, but at home I like CU's chances. Washington and Washington State appear to be two of the worst teams in the Pac-12, but Romar is a very good coach. He'll probably have them playing better by the time CU plays them. I like that Utah seems to be improved this year. Huskies play Utah first, so hopefully they give them a good game. Agree that the Buffs are not battle tested in true road environments.

Realtimerpi projects CU to be 17-2. Not saying it will happen, but I do think it has a legitimate shot of happening. Imagine the hype of a 17-1 Arizona team (I think they'll lose @UCLA but beat everyone else), and a 18-1 Colorado team. Win or lose, that would be great publicity for Colorado and the Conference as a whole. Again, know I'm kinda getting ahead of myself and somewhat overreacting due to the KU win, and know it is certainly possible that CU drops a game that I would hope they wouldn't... but just it being somewhat plausible shows how far the program has gone.

And if they somehow beat Arizona? Would send shockwaves throughout the country.

Oh, I think CU will definitely lose some some Pac-12 games. I just think the schedule is softer at the beginning, and treacherous at the end. Obviously Oregon and UCLA are very high quality programs, but at home I like CU's chances. Washington and Washington State appear to be two of the worst teams in the Pac-12, but Romar is a very good coach. He'll probably have them playing better by the time CU plays them. I like that Utah seems to be improved this year. Huskies play Utah first, so hopefully they give them a good game. Agree that the Buffs are not battle tested in true road environments.

Realtimerpi projects CU to be 17-2. Not saying it will happen, but I do think it has a legitimate shot of happening. Imagine the hype of a 17-1 Arizona team (I think they'll lose @UCLA but beat everyone else), and a 18-1 Colorado team. Win or lose, that would be great publicity for Colorado and the Conference as a whole. Again, know I'm kinda getting ahead of myself and somewhat overreacting due to the KU win, and know it is certainly possible that CU drops a game that I would hope they wouldn't... but just it being somewhat plausible shows how far the program has gone.

If we're 18-1 heading into the Zona game, they're undefeated, and we beat them... CU would be ranked #1 in the nation.

It's fun to think about. It's actually realistic, if improbable. I just hope the team doesn't even know who they play after Elon.

:nod:

We'll lose some Pac-12 games this year. There's enough talent on every team that a hot shooting night can be all she wrote.

One thing I like about the Oregon matchup, though, is that Tad's teams have really defended them well in the past.
It's hard enough to win on the road in college basketball, would love to beat UofA there especially after last year but that would be very tough.

If we're 18-1 heading into the Zona game, they're undefeated, and we beat them... CU would be ranked #1 in the nation.

It's fun to think about. It's actually realistic, if improbable. I just hope the team doesn't even know who they play after Elon.
Hadn't got that far, I would like to think so, wonder what we would be ranked going in?

Hadn't got that far, I would like to think so, wonder what we would be ranked going in?

If CU beats Elon, Okie Lite and Georgia, we'll likely be ranked around 10th heading into conference play. That Oregon game (assuming they continue to take care of business) will be a nationally televised BIG GAME.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we had won that game last year. But I think with how it ended, we got more national attention than we would've gotten otherwise.

I don't think we should lose more than 2 home games this year, we really should be able to compete with anyone at home, the KU game showed that.

If CU beats Elon, Okie Lite and Georgia, we'll likely be ranked around 10th heading into conference play. That Oregon game (assuming they continue to take care of business) will be a nationally televised BIG GAME.
And 2-5 wouldn't have a stake for #1?, forget the 6-9.

I believe it's already nationally televised on FS1.

I believe it's already nationally televised on FS1.
It's college basketball, there's little flexing out. ESPN can change around the matchups by the time for the most part, but I don't recall too many games being moved from one time slot to another. After all, our UofA game last year in Boulder was a Pac-12 Network game, should've been a ESPN matchup.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we had won that game last year. But I think with how it ended, we got more national attention than we would've gotten otherwise.

I don't think we should lose more than 2 home games this year, we really should be able to compete with anyone at home, the KU game showed that.

We shouldn't lose any home games this year

If we finished the year with one loss at home, I'll take it. I don't think losing to UCLA or UofA is that bad, would've said the same thing with KU as well.

I'll be very disappointed in any home loss, I don't think we lose a home game though

I'll be very disappointed in any home loss, I don't think we lose a home game though

Agreed. Obviously, I'd rather not lose at all at home, but to someone like OU/Zona/UCLA, I concede that it's possible (and not a bad loss).
I'd hope it doesnt happen

Yeah, but KenPom has us winning all of our home games with the lowest chances (right now) are Arizona @ 51% and Oregon @ 61%

Probability of winning every game at home. So say you have three games, the first you have a 85%, the second you have a 72%, and the third you have a 65% probability of winning, if you take (.85*.72*.65) you get a 39.8% probability of winning those three games

Right. We'll be favored in every home game. But it's damn hard to win them all.

One thing this team has to get used to is having a target on its back.

Probability of winning every game at home. So say you have three games, the first you have a 85%, the second you have a 72%, and the third you have a 65% probability of winning, if you take (.85*.72*.65) you get a 39.8% probability of winning those three games

Thanks - I thought it was our losing percentage at home since Tad took over or something like that.

Think people need to tap the breaks a bit. Beating Kansas doesn't mean we're going like 28-3.

Haha. Let people enjoy it. As long as people don't act like the team under-performed if we finish like 25-6.

Haha. Let people enjoy it. As long as people don't act like the team under-performed if we finish like 25-6.

Bull****. Expectations have been built. Nothing less than 30-1, I tell you, NOTHING! :lol::thumbsup:

Back