What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking for an article

Sammy11

Thought CU fans might be able to help. Do you guys know of any articles that came out about last summer's events that give somewhat of a timeline about when CU started talking to the Pac10 about joining and what twists and turns happened when from the CU perspective? All I found was that it loosely started after Missouri's governor opened his trap.

Good luck this year. I am rooting for you guys to even your score with Cal.

The problem is that many of those articles were written by the brain damaged Chip Brown. Chip is Deloss Dodds' lapdog. I think Woelk had an article on it at some point towards the end of the process. From the CU perspective, we kept things pretty quiet until it was a done deal. Both the CU AD and the local media wanted to avoid jumping into the fray, which was probably at the behest of Larry Scott. Scott didn't care if Baylor spouted off, as they were never in the conversation to begin with. He didn't want to get a bunch of stuff coming out of Colorado and Utah that might muddy the waters with the existing Pac Presidents & ADs.

Yes, if you see the name "Chip Brown" or the phrase "big 12 missile crisis" in any article, please ignore, move on, and switch to a reputable source.

I don't know if this is will have what you are looking for ... http://www.cuatthegame.com/2010/colorado-semi-weekly-3/ ... but it is a chronicle of events I put together at CU at the Game last year as expansion story unfolded.

The first story dates back to May, when the rumblings concerning expansion got louder, through the tumultuous early weeks of June, 2010, (would CU be invited? CU v. Baylor? Pac-16?, etc.) through to August, when BYU went independent, and the Big Ten announced how the creation of its two divisions.

I don't know if this is will have what you are looking for ... http://www.cuatthegame.com/2010/colorado-semi-weekly-3/ ... but it is a chronicle of events I put together at CU at the Game last year as expansion story unfolded.

The first story dates back to May, when the rumblings concerning expansion got louder, through the tumultuous early weeks of June, 2010, (would CU be invited? CU v. Baylor? Pac-16?, etc.) through to August, when BYU went independent, and the Big Ten announced how the creation of its two divisions.

Thanks

Back