What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

How'd all those 4 and 5* in football workout for you?

Also like I said earlier...CSU appears to be doing pretty damn well with our 0* recruits right?

I guess we should be going 0-30 every year because recruiting rankings are an exact science....

Gasm,

When CU had a bunch of 4* and 5* recruits on the football team we spent a few years with top 5 and top 10 ranked teams and a national championship, all of which CSU in it's best years never reached.

Hawkins brought in a very few 4* and 5* recruits but mostly he brough in CSU level recruits, hench we sucked.

If you don't think talent is more important than experience in basketball you didn't watch Kentucky win the tourney with a bunch of talented Fr. and Soph. players. You can argue that CU's recruit's talent is unproven but if any one of the CU recruits had gone to CSU (kind of like the idea of Mila Kunis actually not only dating but marrying Snow) you would be drooling all over yourself as you listed them as a reason why CSU is going to destroy the undermanned and inexperienced Buffs.

I'm not automatically dismissing them, but our players are already proven and they're not 18 years old with the muscle mass of a small child

good point it is a scientific fact that men do not gain muscle from the age of 5 until mysteriously at some point after their freshman year of college.

Gasm,

When CU had a bunch of 4* and 5* recruits on the football team we spent a few years with top 5 and top 10 ranked teams and a national championship, all of which CSU in it's best years never reached.

Hawkins brought in a very few 4* and 5* recruits but mostly he brough in CSU level recruits, hench we sucked.

If you don't think talent is more important than experience in basketball you didn't watch Kentucky win the tourney with a bunch of talented Fr. and Soph. players. You can argue that CU's recruit's talent is unproven but if any one of the CU recruits had gone to CSU (kind of like the idea of Mila Kunis actually not only dating but marrying Snow) you would be drooling all over yourself as you listed them as a reason why CSU is going to destroy the undermanned and inexperienced Buffs.
CU had a top 15 recruiting class in football in 2008 and over 10 4* and 5* in the past 5 years and pretty much all of them were terrible.

No one said our recruits are better than your entire team. We said we have a very good recruiting class coming in to supplement our returning players and it leads us to believe we will have a talented and partly experienced squad. Stop making **** up.
Darth Snow said that actually

CU had a top 15 recruiting class in football in 2008 and over 10 4* and 5* and pretty much all of them were terrible.

wait are you talking about football or basketball, or do you not understand they are two different sports.

I'm not automatically dismissing them, but our players are already proven and they're not 18 years old with the muscle mass of a small child

Come on, man. You've seen the guys on your own roster, right? We're not exactly talking about a roster photo that anyone would confuse with Michigan State's when we're talking muscle mass. You're not going to win this game by out-muscling CU and you know that if you know your team. You'll win by playing a packline defense that forces CU to make jumpers and limits 2nd chance points while on the offensive end having veteran efficiency while making 3s and FTs at a high rate. You'll lose if you're not able to do all that.

CU had a top 15 recruiting class in football in 2008 and over 10 4* and 5* in the past 5 years and pretty much all of them were terrible.

Which of them were terrible?

Pretty much every single one of them that didn't have health, academic or discipline issues is on an NFL roster right now. CU's football issues with highly-rated guys was mostly in regard to HaLkins reaching to get some in so that we'd have the athletes needed to compete in our conference. Too many washed out. It wasn't that they weren't good football players.

Edit: Regarding rankings in general, CU and CSU are rarely competing for the same players. The norm when we're talking about basketball is that we're competing with the Pac-12, Texas A&M, Baylor and often SDSU, Gonzaga and UNLV.

Good luck with that. Your only hope in basketball is another 20 free throws more for CU like in 2010 in Boulder

With defenders like dre, xj, scott, and gordon you will be lucky to get to the rim, let alone get any offensive boards. This is a case of the talent gap widening between the two schools. Again CSU is on the losing end. Now you have a good coach. But he is going to run his system which means some growing pains for you all no matter how experienced your returning guys are. CU has a "preseason" this year that will provide invaluable experience and bonding for the team. Our two four star players are #15 and #16 in the rivals rankings in the country. Those kind of talents are the kind Kentucky brings in and wins national championships with as freshman. I am not saying we are going on the national championship. I am not saying its ever a guarantee that they work out, however the chances are high they come in and become superstars sooner than later.

Good Luck, the lambs will need it.

With defenders like dre, xj, scott, and gordon you will be lucky to get to the rim, let alone get any offensive boards. This is a case of the talent gap widening between the two schools. Again CSU is on the losing end. Now you have a good coach. But he is going to run his system which means some growing pains for you all no matter how experienced your returning guys are. CU has a "preseason" this year that will provide invaluable experience and bonding for the team. Our two four star players are #15 and #16 in the rivals rankings in the country. Those kind of talents are the kind Kentucky brings in and wins national championships with as freshman. I am not saying we are going on the national championship. I am not saying its ever a guarantee that they work out, however the chances are high they come in and become superstars sooner than later.

#15 and 16 for their position....not overall.

As far as attendance goes, I think the last CSU game was very well attended at the Keg.

Positives for us: Coaching, Talent.
Them: Experience, Cohesion, motivation.

Negatives for us: Youth, Unproven Talent
Negatives for them: Coaching, Lack of athleticism.

Should be an interesting game. Probably be the game our team gets the most "up" for in the pre-season since we will have SO MANY frosh on the team from Colorado. And given the reaction of CU freshmen to CSU around here, I'm guessing there is gonna be a lot of instate hate going around the team.
My first post in this thread.
Only an idiot would refuse to admit that either team has a good chance to win the game. oh wait...
2d
Another ignorant attempt to change the grounds of the conversation because you know you got nothing to stand on. Basically, you concede the point. Excellent. Now that we have established that CU's recruiting class has more talent ALONE (not to mention Dre, Ski, and the Mayor), let's move on to coaching.

Tad Boyle, at the VERY LEAST == whoever your coach is.

Sounds like the facts don't add up to "CU HAS NO CHANCE LLOLOLOLOL."

Did your brother repeatedly win everything as a kid? I hope so.
3d. Note that "talent" does not necessarily mean "good." Some players have all the talent in the world but are negatives due to other factors such as youth, brains, chemistry. JR smith, for example. Fact is, we are the more talented team.

You said your 5 recruits have more talent then our whole team. You said they have better offers. You said you have multiple good players returning including a possible lottery pick. Sounds like you think your team is a lot better, when none of those are proven
Jesus you are dumb. How about you just read what people say instead of trying to infer things since you are effing awful at it.

#61 and #75 overall according to Rivals, my bad. My point still stands. Considering all the basketball players out there, being in the top 100 period is a very good indication of your talent level.

Doesn't change any of my points.

In other words, we are going to go Murray State on your ***.

I don't think anyone would argue that our team has more unknowns. But to say we have no chance is ridiculous. Last year's team had far more unknowns than this year's, and we lost by 1 to CSU @ CSU

I don't think anyone would argue that our team has more unknowns. But to say we have no chance is ridiculous. Last year's team had far more unknowns than this year's, and we lost by 1 to CSU @ CSU
You guys would have lost by 20 if we had Pierce Hornung that game

I repeated exactly what you said....That your recruits have more talent than our entire team. Thats what you said darth

I repeated exactly what you said....That your recruits have more talent than our entire team. Thats what you said darth
I'm not disputing that at all. I did explain the comment. I also pointed out what I actually said in this thread showing you that your inference was effing STUPID.

I'm going to say this real. slow. so. you. will. understand...

Do. these. guys. look. like. they. have. the. muscle. mass. of. a. small. child? That's the only question I want you to answer. No other comments. Just tell me if you think these two guys have the muscle mass of a small child. TIA.

4f52499dbd9b0.preview-300.jpg

I'm going to say this real. slow. so. you. will. understand...

Do. these. guys. look. like. they. have. the. muscle. mass. of. a. small. child? That's the only question I want you to answer. No other comments. Just tell me if you think these two guys have the muscle mass of a small child. TIA.

4f52499dbd9b0.preview-300.jpg

why are you posting pictures of little children playing basketball?

You guys would have lost by 20 if we had Pierce Hornung that game

That could swing it the other way, too. With a better interior defender and rebounder on the floor maybe you wouldn't have been fouling as much, CU would have gotten into more of a rhythm offensively, the game would have been less choppy, and CU wouldn't have ended up clunking so many free throws.

I could also make a big deal over most of our team getting over the flu at the time that game was played. Roster was a mess for CU. For a lot of reasons, I look at that one as a game we should have won and didn't. I completely get that a CSU fan would look at that game differently. Each team being at full strength and playing their A games in your building, you would have had a good shot at winning. Teams were evenly matched at that time last year and CU was a bit better at the end of the season with both being worthy tourney teams.

This year, you don't lose much of anything except your coach and whatever impact (positive and negative) the system and personality changes will have. We've got more stability from that standpoint, but a team that won't have played together for long. It's also in Boulder, which is big advantage to CU. My issue with you in this thread is not that you're confident in your team, but that you consistently come off as unrealistic and overconfident.

Actually yes Sackman-Josh scott is a twig to say the least. And the fact that you guys want him to play center....Well I hope you anticipate him putting on 30 pounds by the start of the season

Actually yes Sackman-Josh scott is a twig to say the least. And the fact that you guys want him to play center....Well I hope you anticipate him putting on 30 pounds by the start of the season

hey don't sell him short, he is one of the top 63 twigs in the country, and arguably as high as 36 overall. Who is your best twig?

:lol: This man knows nothing.

Back