What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

**** it. I guarantee a win.
Then I will make GASM eat a bag of dicks.

Gasm,

First you had an twin brother who is much smarter than you, then you ended up at the little brother school, then you managed to convince yourself that the school you ended up at is comparable to your brothers school athletically and otherwise.

May I recommend counseling for you to deal with your issues, this site isn't going to be a good place if you want to feel better about your innadequecies.

I'm totally biased, but I don't think there's a single coach on next year's schedule that's better than Tad Boyle. Not even close.

I hate to go "there" but what about Bill Self? Don't forget, CU travels to KU next year.

There are many good coaches whom CU could run into next season, for example: Steve Lavin (possibly if CU meets up with St. John's at the Charleston Classic)? CU "might" also run into Baylor again at that same tournament, and of course there you have Scott Drew. With his past aside, Larry Eustachy is a hell of a college basketball coach and shouldn't be overlooked, and he has a career winning record against CU.

I hate to go "there" but what about Bill Self? Don't forget, CU travels to KU next year.

There are many good coaches whom CU could run into next season, for example: Steve Lavin (possibly if CU meets up with St. John's at the Charleston Classic)? CU "might" also run into Baylor again at that same tournament, and of course there you have Scott Drew. With his past aside, Larry Eustachy is a hell of a college basketball coach and shouldn't be overlooked, and he has a career winning record against CU.

Self wasn't on the schedule when I made that comment. I wouldn't put Boyle in that category. Eustachy is a decent coach, but I'd take Boyle over him every day and twice on Sundays. I'm not going to comment on who we "might" see.

CU "might" also run into Baylor again at that same tournament, and of course there you have Scott Drew.

Drew has a reputation as one of the dirtiest cheaters in all of college basketball. Tad blows him out of the water.

Drew has a reputation as one of the dirtiest cheaters in all of college basketball. Tad blows him out of the water.
Tad's gameplan kept an extremely outgunned CU in the game (and ahead, eventually) with Baylor in the tourney. It took Baylor getting insanely hot to beat us in the end. Drew can recruit like a madman (CHEATER), but gameday coaching? I will take Boyle.

Tad's gameplan kept an extremely outgunned CU in the game (and ahead, eventually) with Baylor in the tourney. It took Baylor getting insanely hot to beat us in the end. Drew can recruit like a madman (CHEATER), but gameday coaching? I will take Boyle.

they had some insane shooting from the outside, but they also got a ton of offensive rebounds.

they had some insane shooting from the outside, but they also got a ton of offensive rebounds.

The canadian had insane shooting from the outside. He doesnt have the game of his life from behind the arc and we win that round and advance to play whoever beat duke.

Yeah, that kid had an insane day from behind the arc, but a little bit of aggressive coaching on Tad's part might have slowed that down, IMO. Have SHT level the kid as he's darting through the lane under the basket and he'll be a lot more cautious about taking that shot.

Yeah, that kid had an insane day from behind the arc, but a little bit of aggressive coaching on Tad's part might have slowed that down, IMO. Have SHT level the kid as he's darting through the lane under the basket and he'll be a lot more cautious about taking that shot.

Idk if SHT understands being aggressive yet lol. His confidence is his knee is coming back very slowly.

I agree with you on the leveling the kid part but. . Tad is one of those coaches who will not compromise on his standards and values. If he can't beat you straight up playing it the right way he isn't going to beat you, this time. What he will do is take the experience, go back and figure out a way to change something, and go out and beat you the next time the right way.

One of many things I respect about Tad is that he is a very principled guy. The fact that he won't compromise and take short cuts means that it may take him a little longer to get to the level he wants but it also means that when he gets there we are more likely to stay there.

On a pure coaching basis there aren't a lot of guys out there I would rather have at CU than Tad.

I agree with you on the leveling the kid part but. . Tad is one of those coaches who will not compromise on his standards and values. If he can't beat you straight up playing it the right way he isn't going to beat you, this time. What he will do is take the experience, go back and figure out a way to change something, and go out and beat you the next time the right way.

One of many things I respect about Tad is that he is a very principled guy. The fact that he won't compromise and take short cuts means that it may take him a little longer to get to the level he wants but it also means that when he gets there we are more likely to stay there.

On a pure coaching basis there aren't a lot of guys out there I would rather have at CU than Tad.

I honestly can think of maybe two other guys I would like to see at CU, and that is only cuz they win a ton of basketball games. But even then none of them would ever be as committed to CU as Tad is. Bohn nailed it on this hire. Coach Boyle is going to be here for a loooonng time. Most likely going to build us into a serious contender too. If he keeps it up he is going to have an arena named after him some day.

I rewatched the game on my DVR a few days ago and they set some great picks for that kid to get open. Even if our guy was a step behind, they guy had pulled the trigger. Once we pulled ahead, they got super hot and made something like 8 of 10 shots while we went 2 of 10.

- CU's recruiting class has more talent than the entire csu team. In fact Josh Scott's dong would beat Csewe in a 5 on 1 dunk contest.

- CU is going to win by 83 pts. Guaranteed.
- cswho's coach (dont even know the guys name...he's a guy right?) isn't skilled enough to empty Tad's bong

I just got sick of reading "no one said blahblahblah.". I said it. Omfgasm go **** yourself.

I don't think the recruiting class has more talent than the entirety of CSU's roster combined.

It's Andre Roberson that has more talent than the entirety of CSU's roster combined.

I think CSU takes it next year. Too much experience, too much talent for a really young CU squad. CU has a much higher ceiling in the long run, for pretty much every reason conceivable. Especially considering CSU hired a piece of human garbage as coach.

I think CSU takes it next year. Too much experience, too much talent for a really young CU squad. CU has a much higher ceiling in the long run, for pretty much every reason conceivable. Especially considering CSU hired a piece of human garbage as coach.

Keep telling the CSU fans this, makes it even move enjoyable when we beat them if they are expecting to win.

I don't see it. We were also inexperienced last year, they were very experienced last year, and they still required us missing 15 free throws and refs taking points off the board with the off gt calls to win by 1 at home in a game they were favored in, when they had more than a week off to prepare and we had two days. The freshmen coming in this year are more talented, will have much more experience than last years freshmen because of the Europe trip and will be playing at home with more fan support for the home team than any RMS basketball game has ever seen. CSU also is terrible on the road (won three games out of state last year if I remember correctly), will be playing under a new coach in a new system (he's too seasoned to adapt, he'll want to play his system), they'll see something they don't see in the Mountain West: defense, and with all the bragging about Pierce Hornung and his rebounding ability, Andre Roberson is a lot better, and he definitely won't be scoring just one point this time. They'll also be relying heavily on two transfers, one of which couldn't stick with the Arizona team we saw last year (which wasn't all that talented), and a 7 footer that had a sub .500 fg% and averaged 5 pts a game at Minnesota.

I don't see it. We were also inexperienced last year, they were very experienced last year, and they still required us missing 15 free throws[true] and refs taking points off the board with the off gt calls to win by 1 at home in a game they were favored in, when they had more than a week off to prepare and we had two days. The freshmen coming in this year are more talented[true], will have much more experience than last years freshmen because of the Europe trip[true] and will be playing at home with more fan support for the home team[majorly true, students will at least fillup] than any RMS basketball game has ever seen. CSU also is terrible on the road (won three games out of state last year if I remember correctly), will be playing under a new coach in a new system (he's too seasoned to adapt, he'll want to play his system), they'll see something they don't see in the Mountain West: defense, and with all the bragging about Pierce Hornung and his rebounding ability, Andre Roberson is a lot better,[true] and he definitely won't be scoring just one point this time[better be true]. They'll also be relying heavily on two transfers, one of which couldn't stick with the Arizona team we saw last year (which wasn't all that talented), and a 7 footer that had a sub .500 fg% and averaged 5 pts a game at Minnesota.

For all these reasons I can see us falling into a trap and losing. Colorado teams commonly find themselves failing to meet expectations.
I really am just looking forward to seeing this team play. I think they can beat CSU and many other teams, but may find themselves having the some growing pains.

My biggest concern for the coming year is who our go-to scorer will be. We were incredibly inconsistent last year until Carlon finally seized that role for the post-season. It changed our entire team.

Last year, he's the guy I was expecting to fill that role.

This year, I don't know who to pencil in for that.

My biggest concern for the coming year is who our go-to scorer will be. We were incredibly inconsistent last year until Carlon finally seized that role for the post-season. It changed our entire team.

Hoping the Mayor can step it up in this area seeing as he'll have the ball for a good chunk of time.

Hoping the Mayor can step it up in this area seeing as he'll have the ball for a good chunk of time.

I vote Ski. Mayor gets his points, but Ski seems like the kind of player that can grow to take over a game when needed, especially if his 3 gets consistent.

You unloyal ****. I hope you enjoy getting ****ed by a sheep. CU by 50.

Safest bet is the mayor.

Back