What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking into the future - UMASS

It was a joke. I don't really care strongly either way about this game. But it is a joke that it's not even televised.

Why? Both team suck ass. As stated in the article, which was 100% correct BTW, outside of the few 100k people in the respective fan bases, who ****ing cares? The joke would be on any network who chose to carry this turd for any sort of distribution.

Hey! What were your ratings for the Mass vs CU game?

We got a solid .000000001. Rocked it!

:lol:

That person who made the decision to carry this game should be fired at the announcement of this game being televised.

I would love to get to watch the game live. Shoot, if I can make it work, I may even go to the game. However I am one of the few 100k who give a ****. But, CU sucks. Mass sucks. No one wants to watch us. I know it. You know it. Most importantly, the networks know it.

And I don't give a frogs fat ass that Central Michigan vs La Tech (just making that up) gets national exposure. They could both probably beat the **** out of CU and Mass. TWNLTPDOP

You want a CU vs Mass game on TV? I do too. The only thing that will make that happen is to make CU a winning/relevant program.

Until then, playing a **** team 2,000 miles away ain't gonna cut it. Sorry folks.

Please drive through.

Don't sugar coat it, 4dem, we can handle the truth.

I appreciate the attempt to get the Buffs to the east coast. I'd have prefered a little further south, but that is my own bias. I imagine the alumni assn. will have a pre-game shindig like they did in Miami, Athens and J-ville vs. FSU. I look forward to a good time if I can make the trip. The price is right.

Don't sugar coat it, 4dem, we can handle the truth.

I appreciate the attempt to get the Buffs to the east coast. I'd have prefered a little further south, but that is my own bias. I imagine the alumni assn. will have a pre-game shindig like they did in Miami, Athens and J-ville vs. FSU. I look forward to a good time if I can make the trip. The price is right.

I agree. Hell, they could play at Furman for what they will get out of playing Mass. I would like that better. It would be right in my back yard. The more southern, the better. Other than Mijammi. **** their fans. Never want to be in the same stadium with those assholes again.

But yeah. Play the Rudy Rutigers. Rutgers.

Play Eastern Carolina. Play Wofford. Play Vandy. Play any of those turds.

Other than the Rudy Rutigers or Vandy, none of those games will be televised. It's great for us on the east coast and I'm not debating that. What I take issue with is the idea that its a joke to not televise the CU vs Mass game. I'm saying outside of our selfish interests, it is stupid for a network to put the game on their line up.

Want exposure? Get better. Become relevant. And play east of the Mississippi every few years. Against a decent team.

If we're going to play a game east of the Mississippi - which is a rarity - at least schedule it against a BCS opponent with a big-time fanbase.

If we're going to play a game east of the Mississippi - which is a rarity - at least schedule it against a BCS opponent with a big-time fanbase.

Yeah, let's go find somebody with a big fan base to beat the snot out of us again for a payday, I heard tOSU likes those games. You make a few extra bucks but they really do a lot to help build your program and we don't face enough talented teams in the PAC.

Or ya know we could schedule a win because that's what we really need

My point is that CU's trips east of the Mississippi are few and far between so don't waste one of those rarities on a crap game like this one. If we're gonna schedule a 2-for-1 with a lower-tier BCS program then do so against one of the schools out West or down in Texas and save the East coast game for a worthwhile road trip.

There is really only one group that truly benefits from scheduling crap team after crap team.

My point is that CU's trips east of the Mississippi are few and far between so don't waste one of those rarities on a crap game like this one. If we're gonna schedule a 2-for-1 with a lower-tier BCS program then do so against one of the schools out West or down in Texas and save the East coast game for a worthwhile road trip.

I understand that, but we need wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A victory equates to 20-25% of CU's projected win total this season.

A loss brings back frightening memories of the 2009 game at Toledo. Fan confidence in MacIntyre would suffer a huge setback with a loss. RG would need to rearrange his priorities and focus a little more on his long-term personnel plans.

This game is a total trap for the Buffs. It's as close to a must win as MacIntyre has on the schedule.

Heh.

It is really two groups-the coaches and the coaches' agents.

We fans get cheated in college football. Between cupcake scheduling and neutral site games, many of us don't see a good matchup in our home stadiums until the season enters the last 2/3 of games. Maybe an entire September of nothing but banking wins or playing in pro stadiums.

This is a big reason, I think, that the NFL model is more successful. And it's why I've been a proponent of a new elite NCAA division that cuts out games against teams that are members of the lower divisions. There are 65 teams represented in the number and we could probably get to between 75 and 85 so that programs that have had success or clearly have the resources to have success (i.e., Boise State, BYU, Houston, SMU, Cincinnati, USF, UCF, East Carolina and UConn - off the top of my head) would be included.

Basketball could use a shake-up, too. Certain conferences are completely overmatched and deliver nothing but cupcakes. Wouldn't be too hard and would deliver better basketball if D1 was cut down to about 250 teams.

As long as Nebraska and Texas and Tennessee can get 70,000-105,000 people paying full ticket price to see a game against someone who knows they are getting beat up for a price these games are not going away.

It works out for everyone but the fans, and the fans don't mind as long as they see their team roll up a bunch of points.

The coaches pad their winning percentages and as a result their bank accounts, the host school makes a load of money on an almost guaranteed win, the visiting school makes as much for the game as they make on their total home attendance, the host school gets an opponent for $300,000-500,000 thousand instead of paying $1,000,000 plus or giving up an OOC slot for a return game.

The NFL has a similar deal, they call it pre-season games. These are often included in the season ticket package but you might see most of the starters for 1/4 of the game and veteran stars may not play at all. The game is decided in the second half by a bunch of guys who either won't be on the active roster or who would never be put in a make or break situation in crunch time.

It's all part of the business and as long as the business is making huge $$$ they aren't going to change it.

I wouldn't be shocked if we do go to a super division in college football but they will still allow for a game or two a year with the paid victims, it is just to profitable not to and as long as the "little guys" are getting a cut of the money in this manner they are less likely to pursue anti-trust litigation.

Mtn - even if you're selling out the stadium, you're costing yourself money. The lack of premium games significantly reduces the media contracts for college sports. If we think they're big now, imagine if the networks had a bunch of Nebraska vs LSU type match ups instead of Nebraska vs Wyoming type match ups they could broadcast. This is the big reason for the media gap between college and pro despite college crowds being bigger. The money is in the media.

Mtn - even if you're selling out the stadium, you're costing yourself money. The lack of premium games significantly reduces the media contracts for college sports. If we think they're big now, imagine if the networks had a bunch of Nebraska vs LSU type match ups instead of Nebraska vs Wyoming type match ups they could broadcast. This is the big reason for the media gap between college and pro despite college crowds being bigger. The money is in the media.

I agree with you except that the media isn't going to cover every game, every week anyways. Nebraska vs LSU is special because it isn't the regular game of the week. Also that Nebraska team went 9-3 last year and LSU went 10-2 (just throwing hypothetical s out) making it look like a battle of titans even though each had three OOC wins against sheep. Change that to 7-5 vs 8-4 and it doesn't sound so special.

The college ADs aren't stupid. If they could make more money scheduling a full schedule of legit competition they would. These creampuff games make them money and that's why they continue with them.

My guess is that tickets will be cheap and plentiful. UMass, in Gillette, against a down team from 2000 miles away spells plenty of seats me thinks

A slight change of thought on my previous post. It appears that the 68K stadium is VERY restricted for the UMASS games. According to ticketmaster, they only have one side of the stadium open for seating. That probably means only about 25-30K seats. The good news though is that they only put in 21.7K at the most last year and averaged around 15K for their games at Gillette.

The attendance over/under should be about 18,500.

Then when UMass comes to Folsom in 2015, about 29,000 folks will be there unless CU drops the ticket price to a $12.00 special about a week out.

Yet to many here, junk like this is preferable to playing CSU at Folsom in front of 48,000. I'm confused.

Then when UMass comes to Folsom in 2015, about 29,000 folks will be there unless CU drops the ticket price to a $12.00 special about a week out.

Yet to many here, junk like this is preferable to playing CSU at Folsom in front of 48,000. I'm confused.

First off at Folsom the attendance will be at least 35k, the game will be part of the season ticket package and early in the season a lot of people will buy tickets just to spend a nice day at the stadium and see a win.

I would much rather play CSU at Folsom that in the Denver Prison Camp but even then CSU doesn't do us any good. Win and they don't help us because nobody in the country considers them to be any good, lose and it is a bad loss and they are always giving CU everything they have since it is the most important game they play, far and away.

Throw in that we can get UMASS for a bunch less money and it makes sense all the way around.

So the UMass game will draw quite a bit less than both FCS games from 2013? I don't buy it. There should be a lot of optimism around 2015.

So the UMass game will draw quite a bit less than both FCS games from 2013? I don't buy it. There should be a lot of optimism around 2015.

PAHI is a closet CSU fan and wants the series to go on at all cost.

It's done, it doesn't help CU and it's time for it to die.

If CSU wants the game that bad they have to make it worthwhile for CU. Even then we can do better things with an OOC slot.

By the way tini is correct. UMASS will draw at least if not better than the FCS opponents did and the trip to Boston gives the AD a nice chance to connect with the alumi base that lives in New England. I am sure that we will have people coming up from NYC, Philly, and the entire area.

PAHI is a closet CSU fan and wants the series to go on at all cost.

It's done, it doesn't help CU and it's time for it to die.

If CSU wants the game that bad they have to make it worthwhile for CU. Even then we can do better things with an OOC slot.

By the way tini is correct. UMASS will draw at least if not better than the FCS opponents did and the trip to Boston gives the AD a nice chance to connect with the alumi base that lives in New England. I am sure that we will have people coming up from NYC, Philly, and the entire area.

I actually consider CSU to be the equivalent of a large Denver suburban area high school, and have said so before. What's puzzling to me is why so many Buff fans want to run from playing them. UMass = Central Arky, more or less, yet i'm supposed to get psyched up about that? At least I don't fear playing the Rammies.

I actually consider CSU to be the equivalent of a large Denver suburban area high school, and have said so before. What's puzzling to me is why so many Buff fans want to run from playing them. UMass = Central Arky, more or less, yet i'm supposed to get psyched up about that? At least I don't fear playing the Rammies.

You really don't understand the dynamics of the game then

You really don't understand the dynamics of the game then

It's telling about the relatively young age of many Buff fans that they are kind of uneasy playing CSU. Jeeezus, I never thought it would come to this. I know we're not a lock to win the RMS every year but that makes it more interesting to me rather than less. What am I missing? Am I supposed to be more hyped about playing the UMasses of the world? BTW, if you want to over-schedule, call the AD and ask them what they are doing scheduling Michigan and Nebraska in the near future….WTF

It's telling about the relatively young age of many Buff fans that they are kind of uneasy playing CSU. Jeeezus, I never thought it would come to this. I know we're not a lock to win the RMS every year but that makes it more interesting to me rather than less. What am I missing? Am I supposed to be more hyped about playing the UMasses of the world? BTW, if you want to over-schedule, call the AD and ask them what they are doing scheduling Michigan and Nebraska in the near future….WTF

Wow, you REALLY don't understand the dynamics. Have you been around there fans? What do we gain by playing them? Losing to CSU is different than losing to another school with the Denver media. CU gains NOTHING from playing CSU, even more so when it is in Denver (maybe more revenue?). Games like UMass gives CU an easy win without having to deal with CSU and the in-state stuff that goes with it. I'm never afraid of playing CSU and losing, I just despise playing them.

Wow, you REALLY don't understand the dynamics. Have you been around there fans? What do we gain by playing them? Losing to CSU is different than losing to another school with the Denver media. CU gains NOTHING from playing CSU, even more so when it is in Denver (maybe more revenue?). Games like UMass gives CU an easy win without having to deal with CSU and the in-state stuff that goes with it. I'm never afraid of playing CSU and losing, I just despise playing them.

You're kind of making my point, pard.

Back