What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looks like CU is auctioning off Big 12 flags that flew at Folsom Field

Wonder if any of the other Big XII schools will be getting rid of their CU flags. Would be a nice pickup.

My friends at OSU tell me the 12-flagpole sets at Boone Pickens Stadium (three sets of 12, on the north, west and south sides) already have removed us and NU. Now there are the other nine teams, OSU and two extra OSU flags in the place of us and the Nubbers.

I'm now a big fan of Mike Alden. I emailed his office and asked for the Colorado flag that has flown over Faurot Field, and it showed up UPS today. Very cool, and I'll be a Missouri fan in the Big XII now.

I'm now a big fan of Mike Alden. I emailed his office and asked for the Colorado flag that has flown over Faurot Field, and it showed up UPS today. Very cool, and I'll be a Missouri fan in the Big XII now.

That's pretty ****in' cool. Nice work dude!

Congrats on picking up a piece of history. Well done.

Thanks, guys. I emailed him last Friday, and his assistant responded with a request for my address on Monday, and it arrived with a letter from (signed by, anyway) Mr Alden. I'm very grateful that they bothered with my request at all.

PS: thanks to Nashbuff for originating this thread. It never would have occured to me to ask for something like that.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I emailed him last Friday, and his assistant responded with a request for my address on Monday, and it arrived with a letter from (signed by, anyway) Mr Alden. I'm very grateful that they bothered with my request at all.

PS: thanks to Nashbuff for originating this thread. It never would have occured to me to ask for something like that.

Keep that authenticating letter. That adds a ton of value to the flag.

I'll definitely keep the letter. I think, though, that there is an implied promise from me to not profit on their generosity.

Totally agree. The letter is for when your great-great grandchild shows up in a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas with the Bombay family heirloom.

Did you get the AD to certify it was the flag that was flying over the infamous 5th down game?

Enjoy.

Totally agree. The letter is for when your great-great grandchild shows up in a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas with the Bombay family heirloom.

Did you get the AD to certify it was the flag that was flying over the infamous 5th down game?

Enjoy.

Lol. No, I didn't think it would help my cause to bring that up, and he didn't mention it either. He did say that it was the flag that had flown at Faurot 'for the past several years'.

That'll have to wait until my daughter gets home and can assist me with the process. I'm illiterate. Also not certain if the letter from Mr Alden qualifies as personal correspondence, and therefore shouldn't be made public. Maybe the flag, and the box it came in showing the point of origination.

The address it came from is:

Mizzou Arena
1 Champions Drive
Suite 200
Columbia, Mo. 65211

That'll have to wait until my daughter gets home and can assist me with the process. I'm illiterate. Also not certain if the letter from Mr Alden qualifies as personal correspondence, and therefore shouldn't be made public. Maybe the flag, and the box it came in showing the point of origination.

The address it came from is:

Mizzou Arena
1 Champions Drive
Suite 200
Columbia, Mo. 65211

while i think Mike Alden deserves some big ups here, "Champions Drive" is a bit of stretch. hehe.

while i think Mike Alden deserves some big ups here, "Champions Drive" is a bit of stretch. hehe.

I'd have to agree, but didn't know that would be the point of origin until it arrived, and then didn't think it appropriate to object if they want to refer to themselves in that manner.

Last edited:
I emailed the Texas Athletic Dept, here is the short and sweet response I received:

We already disposed of the Colorado flag.

Thank you,
Brian Womack
The University of Texas Athletics
Assistant Athletic Director
Facility and Event Operations

I'm gussing it was burned with Nebraska's ugly flag is Deloss Dodd's office fireplace, using 100 bills to fuel the fire.

I emailed the Texas Athletic Dept, here is the short and sweet response I received:

Thank you,
Brian Womack

I'm gussing it was burned with Nebraska's ugly flag is Deloss Dodd's office fireplace, using 100 bills to fuel the fire.

that is hilarious. no mention of Deloss Dodd's flaccid penis, though?

that orange letterface is stupid beyond words.

Last edited:

Thank you,
Brian Womack

"disposed of" :lol: Nothing like a woman scorned.

No problem.

I dunno. Lots of champions have gone through Columbia, MO.

All these championship teams have been through Mizzou.

Colorado
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texas

Back