What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looks like GB is getting desperate

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
http://www.garybarnettfoundation.org/

here are some of my favorite lines from the site.

"Indeed, Coach Barnett was honored for his integrity during the investigation.":wow:

"But I think that having won the NCAA academic award for graduation 100% of our players and having a 79% graduation rate has been just as rewarding and satisfying for me."-GB

And the 3 million dollar settlement from CU was nice too right gary?:huh:

It looks to me like he's posting a coaching application on the internet. Isn't this supposed to be a website about his foundation? :huh:

That's what I thought, but you never know the level of the namesake's involvement in a foundation. Sometimes, people just lend their names. Although, the web site did note that the foundation was set up by Gary and his wife. Who knows?

But it is possible Gary has little involvement and has little to do with what is on the web site. That quote about the graduation rates doesn't even resemble a coherent sentence.

Reading that sentence again, it looks like they meant "graduating" instead of "graduation."

"Coach Barnett is interested in continuing to teach and mentor at a first-rate Division I institution"

I think he should realize that he might have to go to a smaller school and coach there for a while. Maybe in time he will be able to "teach and mentor at a first-rate school.

"Coach Barnett is interested in continuing to teach and mentor at a first-rate Division I institution"

I think he should realize that he might have to go to a smaller school and coach there for a while. Maybe in time he will be able to "teach and mentor at a first-rate school.

I hope he just take a long vacation and reflect about his career plans.

It may seem that i am anti barnett but i am not. He is one hell of a coach. He's done some great things. But I also believe his ego might have ruined his chances to continue coaching at CU. Its really no secret that GB is kind of an asshole. I've met him and he gives of that impression. I also hear it from alot of boosters and former players. Is he a horrible evil man? No, he's just a dick. Of course this is just my opinon.

It may seem that i am anti barnett but i am not. He is one hell of a coach. He's done some great things. But I also believe his ego might have ruined his chances to continue coaching at CU. Its really no secret that GB is kind of an asshole. I've met him and he gives of that impression. I also hear it from alot of boosters and former players. Is he a horrible evil man? No, he's just a dick. Of course this is just my opinon.

i agree that he was a good coach. ****ty recruiter... but, top tier coach, no doubt, imho... and, i don't think anyone would care about whether he was a dick if he won more games. spurrier and stoops are assholes too.

the so-called scandal may have eroded all of gb's safety net, but it was the way the last gb season closed out that cost him his job. they were talking extension before the 3 loss end...

big ego... polarizing... good coach... i think we needed to make a change. i am not sold on hawkins yet (i dunno how anyone can be after a 2-10 first season) but he's the coach so he gets my support... just like gb did...

hopefully, hawkins gets us rolling again. time to let the gb era go...

i agree that he was a good coach. ****ty recruiter... but, top tier coach, no doubt, imho... and, i don't think anyone would care about whether he was a dick if he won more games. spurrier and stoops are assholes too.

the so-called scandal may have eroded all of gb's safety net, but it was the way the last gb season closed out that cost him his job. they were talking extension before the 3 loss end...

big ego... polarizing... good coach... i think we needed to make a change. i am not sold on hawkins yet (i dunno how anyone can be after a 2-10 first season) but he's the coach so he gets my support... just like gb did...

hopefully, hawkins gets us rolling again. time to let the gb era go...

Your absolutely right. Good post.

it shows how worthless recruiting class rankings are:

"11th ranked (SuperPrep) and 14th ranked (CNN/SI) recruiting class of 2002

18th ranked (PrepStar) and 19th ranked (Scout) recruiting class of 2003"

that would have been last year's seniors and juniors right?

Just to throw my 2 cents in here. Opinions of individuals will vary based upon ones experience. I have met Barnett on numerous occasions and found him to always be open, approachable, and very friendly. Times that I would see him around town he would always come up to me and initiate the conversation. He would always talk to the fans that made the trip to away games and thank them for coming. So my impression of him is different than yours....

My dad played golf with him once or twice and thought he was a decent guy. I guess he can hit the living hell out of the ball. Not that that means anything, but I thought I'd add it in for good measure. :thumbsup:

it shows how worthless recruiting class rankings are:

"11th ranked (SuperPrep) and 14th ranked (CNN/SI) recruiting class of 2002

18th ranked (PrepStar) and 19th ranked (Scout) recruiting class of 2003"

that would have been last year's seniors and juniors right?

Yes and no. Most of the top rated players in those two classes never played a down the last two years:

2002: 5* Gabe Nyenhuis (came in as juco - only played 2 yrs); 4* Brian Calhoon (transferred), Chris Hollis (neck injury - I think), Sammy Joseph (transferred), Tyler Littlehales (quit football), Blake Mackey (never recovered from injury), Clint Werth (left early), and Anthony Wright (never made it to CU).

2003: 4* Travis Berry (never made it to CU), Chris Russel (transfered).

The three 4 stars from 2003 that made it to 2006 were some of our best: BJax, Brian Daniels, and Lorenzo Sims.

I never personally met GB. I did, like many others, e-mail the guy a few times during the scandal that wasn't. I think it was about three times, but the guy responded to every one of my e-mails. I think that counts for something, at least it does to me. I appreciated his responses even if they were "Thanks for the support" or something like that. He certainly had no reason to go out of his way at all for an average fan like me. I'm no big money donor or mover or shaker by any means.

On another note, I know a few people who have a level of notariety. I have been with them in social situations where they do not get a minute's free time because every Tom, Dick and Harry was coming up asking for an autograph, picture, playing card etc. It can get old really fast and I imagine they would be less than human if they didn't bristle at it form time to time. I suppose the people who only get the bristle can let loose with the "dick" tag. On the other hand there are some famous people who really are dicks. I can't say one way or the other about GB. He did some good things at CU and some of the crap that was thrown his way stuck, fair or not, that's the way it was. It was time for a change and I wish him well.

Barnett isn't a bad guy, he's just got an overinflated opinion about himself. Len Dawson here in KC is the same - he acts like it's your lucky day when you get to meet him. They are both pricks - they are just too in love with themselves to realize that most people are not, and don't give a **** about them.

Back