What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LSU will not mudhole OSU

I will NEVER root for the RED. But, I like them being good or a little better than us, because it will challenge to Hawkins (or whoever) to keep us better. Like it was to Coach Mac. It also will mean the administration will always have to keep us good or accept cedeing the North to the Red Horde and having grumpy fans. It will mean that the day after Turkey day will once again have National Implications. Thats why I see it as important that they rise again. I want it to really hurt again when we beat them. I want them to be a top team when we chip away at the all time record.[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat:

LSU is definitely all that in terms of speed and talent.

Cosgrove was akin to Vince Okruch in that the scheme was pretty bad. They have some talent there and I think they will be much more challenging for us next year. Callahan lost the team which contributed to their spiral.

I will NEVER root for the RED. But, I like them being good or a little better than us, because it will challenge to Hawkins (or whoever) to keep us better. Like it was to Coach Mac. It also will mean the administration will always have to keep us good or accept cedeing the North to the Red Horde and having grumpy fans. It will mean that the day after Turkey day will once again have National Implications. Thats why I see it as important that they rise again. I want it to really hurt again when we beat them. I want them to be a top team when we chip away at the all time record.

with what mizzou and ku accomplished, i don't think any sane person could claim that nu HAS to be in the mix to have a strong b12 north.

there will always be a team to beat.

as for keeping hawkins challenged, his sights are locked onto a mnc for colorado. there is a challenge.

with that in mind, if the entire program in lincolm melts down i am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Counting the spring game? Sure. Have you seen their schedule for next year? :lol:

i see losses to: virginia tech, mizzou, kansas, oklahoma, texas tech, and colorado, with a possible loss to kansas state (who hates their guts) and maybe sj state (who can come ready to play).

how are you getting 8-9 wins out of that, miami? four spring games?

So you see the possibility of NU only winning four games next year.. Ha! Va. Tech (in Lincoln) loses a bunch on both sides. MU, KU, and CU will all be in Lincoln. K. St. again...Ha! NU will lose no more than four next year. Mark it down.

So you see the possibility of NU only winning four games next year.. Ha! Va. Tech (in Lincoln) loses a bunch on both sides. MU, KU, and CU will all be in Lincoln. K. St. again...Ha! NU will lose no more than four next year. Mark it down.

might i remind you that your huskers arguably played better away from home this past year, owing to the fickle and sometimes hostile home crowds?

during the texas game, the announcers gave a good deal of air time to the fact that playing in austin was a BREAK for the red.

if any of your first three opponents beat you (a possibility with sjsu), you will be ready to eat your own again. dr. lector recommends a nice chianti with husker liver.

you are a hoot, brc. i guess we can put you down as a subscriber to the "magic wand theory".

Last edited:

NU will go 7-5 next year and it will actually be a pretty good season for you guys, but you guys won't see it that way.

NU will go 7-5 next year and it will actually be a pretty good season for you guys, but you guys won't see it that way.

i already am looking on the bright side for the fuskers. hookt on phonix is working for little red detective. he mastered the word "Ha!"

:thumbsup:

I've also mastered the word bitch, but I digress. You know, after last season, I think I might take a 7-5 regular season, 8-5 with a bowl win. But knowing Coach Pelini, he will not settle for that type of crap. 9-3 regular season with a bowl win, would be just fine. (Having a hard time forgetting what happened last season, and expectations). Pelini will right this ship, I have no doubts.

Ha!

I've also mastered the word bitch, but I digress. You know, after last season, I think I might take a 7-5 regular season, 8-5 with a bowl win. But knowing Coach Pelini, he will not settle for that type of crap. 9-3 regular season with a bowl win, would be just fine. (Having a hard time forgetting what happened last season, and expectations). Pelini will right this ship, I have no doubts.

Ha!

super sweet for you! :thumbsup: have fun storming the castle! :lol:

next challenge: overcoming the softwood. (corn is a food group, not a partner).

No it isn't. It would be if I didn't believe CU was going to win an MNC and to it right. CU will win an MNC AND graduate kids WITH worthwile degrees.

Yeah, but how "worthwile" are sociology and communications degrees, no matter what university they are from?

I can't stand the sec and lsu. What are those majors those players are getting? Some kind of "studies." I can't even remember what it was called. I'm sorry, but the sec and lsu have LOW academic standards and it pisses me off. Ya dig? Punks and thugs, thats what they and the rest of the sec are.

Is it a fact that the SEC in general has low academic standards or is that just your perception? I honestly don't know if it's true that SEC schools have lower standards, but I think it's unfair that the SEC gets viewed this way just because the majority of their schools are very successful on the football field.

Ha!

A.) you dont "know" coach Pelini, He has one game as a head coach under his belt.
B.) Isn't this attitude why you fired Solich and wound up in the predicament you are in now? just saying...

Congrats on that D looking good last night I hope it bodes well for you guys, keep in mind though LSU has a lot better athletes than NU right now and when Dorsey wasn't healthy they were giving up a ton of points.

Is it a fact that the SEC in general has low academic standards or is that just your perception? I honestly don't know if it's true that SEC schools have lower standards, but I think it's unfair that the SEC gets viewed this way just because the majority of their schools are very successful on the football field.

Someone else post the Big 10 article where Comissioner Delaney lambasted the SEC for having the fastest dumbest players in college football.

That wasn't exactly what was said, rather a significantly embellished version.

http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=245912&postcount=3

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020907aaa.html

I love speed and the SEC has great speed, especially on the defensive line, but there are appropriate balances when mixing academics and athletics. Each school, as well as each conference, simply must do what fits their mission regardless of what a recruiting service recommends. I wish we had six teams among the top 10 recruiting classes every year, but winning our way requires some discipline and restraint with the recruitment process. Not every athlete fits athletically, academically or socially at every university. Fortunately, we have been able to balance our athletic and academic mission so that we can compete successfully and keep faith with our academic standards.

Let's see if the five- and 10-year trend lines hold or whether the recruiting services and talking heads are seeing a new day. We are quite proud of our history and tradition and remain optimistic about the future of Big Ten football.

He's a bit of a dancer but Fair Enough, I think. Fair enough.

Back