What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

I think he has predicted 98% right over the past 5 years. His only two misses were Us and VT in the same year.

He's good at predicting the field as a whole (particularly bubble teams), but his seeding predictions are average to below average at best. Around 43% accuracy.

I usually trust Palm more than Lunardi, even when the truth hurts. Although Palm claiming UVA 'isn't even on the bubble' is a bit of a stretch at this point.

Last edited:
Lunardi seriously still has us as a 9 seed after winning at Oregon and beating Arizona...what a ****ing douche.

9 seed Colorado vs 8 seed Oklahoma in Lexington for right to play Florida. No thank you.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Palm with CU as a 9 seed vs 8 seed VCU in Lexington for right to play Miami. No thank you.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Oklahoma with injury would be alright, but Florida in the next round would be a disaster.

And VCU is a team I want no part of.

We need to keeping winning, folks.

Last edited:
Lunardi seriously still has us as a 9 seed after winning at Oregon and beating Arizona...what a ****ing douche.

9 seed Colorado vs 8 seed Oklahoma in Lexington for right to play Florida. No thank you.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Palm with CU as a 9 seed vs 8 seed VCU in Lexington for right to play Miami. No thank you.

Oklahoma with injury would be alright, but Florida in the next round would be a disaster.

And VCU is a team I want no part of.

We need to keeping winning, folks.

Need to win out and grab a 4 or 5 seed I think.

Need to win out and grab a 4 or 5 seed I think.

Would KILL to get a 6 seed, and a 7 at the very least. Takes away the fun when your route to the Sweet 16 is a 1 seed like Florida or Miami. I think we'd beat OU right now, due to their injury. VCU is a total enigma, it would be an entertaining game, but they could cause some serious problems and make us turn the ball over 25 times if we weren't careful.

By the way how great is it to be talking seeding in February. Wasn't sure I would see it happen while I was in school.

Last edited:
Palm updated today. Still has the Buffs as a 9 seed facing 8 seed VCU. However, now it would be for the right to face 1 seed Michigan State in Detroit.

Can't complain about still sitting as a 9 seed given what happened last night.

Nice win over Arizona, but then lost at home to Arizona State. The Buffs are almost ready to come off this page. Just need to take care of business at home.

Even worse, IMO. KU in KC is a recipe for disaster. Duke in Philly is slightly more preferable.

I feel like in KC we would actually get some fans in there though. Up in philly we would have no fan support. I would prefer SLC, San Jose, KC in that order. Being in SLC in the West Bracket would be perfect. Give me an 11 seed in SLC and play against a #2 in LA in the sweet sixteen.

I feel like in KC we would actually get some fans in there though. Up in philly we would have no fan support. I would prefer SLC, San Jose, KC in that order. Being in SLC in the West Bracket would be perfect. Give me an 11 seed in SLC and play against a #2 in LA in the sweet sixteen.

We'd have like 500, and KU would have 17,000. In Philly, we wouldn't have many fans, although CVilleBuff and other Buffs would be there, and Duke wouldn't have many fans either. Duke's fanbase isn't North Carolina's, not even close. Plus, all neutrals in attendance wouldn't be particularly neutral. Everyone loves a high seed knocked out of the way, as it helps their own team. And it's Duke. Everyone hates Duke.

The good news is that since these are what is projected, they won't end up happening :thumbsup:

I'd rather not go to philly - western teams never seem to adjust when traveling east for the tournament. They cant adjust to the time difference, are tired or whatever the case may be, I'd rather be in SLC. Unfortunately we are not going to be towards the top so we wont get preferential treatment, but I wouldnt be that shocked if we were in SLC - the committee found out last year we travel well.

I'd rather not go to philly - western teams never seem to adjust when traveling east for the tournament. They cant adjust to the time difference, are tired or whatever the case may be, I'd rather be in SLC. Unfortunately we are not going to be towards the top so we wont get preferential treatment, but I wouldnt be that shocked if we were in SLC - the committee found out last year we travel well.

Charleston tournament 2012?

We'd all love to be in SLC, but unfortunately with the seeding we're looking at, I'm not sure it's something we can count on. KC isn't a bad drive for most Buffs relatively speaking. I'd be fine with it if we weren't on a crash course to hit KU in the second game

The team traveled just fine to Charleston. I'm not worried about it if they end up playing in the eastern time zone.

We'd have like 500, and KU would have 17,000. In Philly, we wouldn't have many fans, although CVilleBuff and other Buffs would be there, and Duke wouldn't have many fans either. Duke's fanbase isn't North Carolina's, not even close. Plus, all neutrals in attendance wouldn't be particularly neutral. Everyone loves a high seed knocked out of the way, as it helps their own team. And it's Duke. Everyone hates Duke.

The good news is that since these are what is projected, they won't end up happening :thumbsup:

Duke has a much bigger fanbase in the NY/NJ/Philly area than they do down here in NC. In fact, a couple of years ago when there was first/second round games at TWC Arena in Charlotte they were saying it would be better for Duke if they didn't get placed here even though it's only 2 hours from their campus because so many people hate them there. It's one of the strangest dynamics in sports I've ever seen.

And yea, that would be complete bull**** if we got sent to Kansas City to play in the KU invitational.

Duke has a much bigger fanbase in the NY/NJ/Philly area than they do down here in NC. In fact, a couple of years ago when there was first/second round games at TWC Arena in Charlotte they were saying it would be better for Duke if they didn't get placed here even though it's only 2 hours from their campus because so many people hate them there. It's one of the strangest dynamics in sports I've ever seen.

And yea, that would be complete bull**** if we got sent to Kansas City to play in the KU invitational.

True. It's a rarity to find Duke kids actually from NC, and they get a boatload from NJ. I've been to multiple ACC tournaments and Duke's support was extraordinarily weak for a program of their prowess. I just don't think Duke, even with a good showing in Philly, is even in the same ballpark as taking on KU in KC

True. It's a rarity to find Duke kids actually from NC, and they get a boatload from NJ. I've been to multiple ACC tournaments and Duke's support was extraordinarily weak for a program of their prowess. I just don't think Duke, even with a good showing in Philly, is even in the same ballpark as taking on KU in KC

You're absolutely right about that. But my point (which I know you got) is that Duke gets better support playing in the Meadowlands or Philly than they would in Greensboro or Charlotte, and that's just bizarre to me.

Duke has a lot of connections to New Jersey. The family estate was near Princeton.

Growing up, we used to call it The University of New Jersey at Durham.

Back