What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

Wow we are pretty far behind right now but if Tad keeps it up we can be in the top half of the PAC 12 before he retires.

Yep, most teams are within range. I made one little edit, it was the 1969 Sweet 16, which involved winning a game. We then lost...to CSU....and this was when they had "Third Place Games" for the regions...which we defeated Texas A&M in.

Nice work on the history. Looking at it, Colorado has the worst (winning) basketball tradition in the Pac-12, at least in the last 40 years. How great would it be to go on one of those 10 consecutive year tournament runs and be considered a mainstay in the postseason. In Tad we trust.

This obviously isn't Kentucky, but we kind of expect to be in this year. It's amazing how much expectations have changed. When I was there my sophomore year (2006), while it was a disappointing end of the season, it was still great to make the NIT (only year they made the postseason I was there). Now the NIT would be a major disappointment.

Agreed CU - They made the dance the year before I got there (03, which was a great year for CO hoops, as csu and AF made it) but got bounced out in the first round.
It's amazing how quickly expectations can change. In 11, we got the shaft, last year we were looking OK at this point, but collapsed in Oregon to kill our at-large hopes and pulled off a series of great wins to take the auto bid, and even won one (led wire to wire, no less) in ABQ.
We would have beat baylor had that little **** canadian not hung 27 on us. We silenced their 2 main "threats" In pierre jackson and qunicy acy - that kid was just unstoppable.

This year, I wouldnt be shocked at all if we were in the sweet 16. It obviously would depend on our matchups and who we'd potentially play, but it's possible.

Nice work on the history. Looking at it, Colorado has the worst (winning) basketball tradition in the Pac-12, at least in the last 40 years. How great would it be to go on one of those 10 consecutive year tournament runs and be considered a mainstay in the postseason. In Tad we trust.

My dream is to put together a run like Wisconsin. Made the Dance every year since 1999....they had 4 appearances in their entire history before that.

My dream is to put together a run like Wisconsin. Made the Dance every year since 1999....they had 4 appearances in their entire history before that.

We should just become the Wisconsin athletic program. Football basketball and all.

Not a bracketology comment - but I was listening to Big Al and DMac on the ride home, and they didn't think that CU makes the dance without beating Oregon and Oregon State, and splitting their trip against the Cali schools.... so 3 more wins.

Not a bracketology comment - but I was listening to Big Al and DMac on the ride home, and they didn't think that CU makes the dance without beating Oregon and Oregon State, and splitting their trip against the Cali schools.... so 3 more wins.

Not to knock on them, but they have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to CU basketball. This wouldn't be the first time they've proven that.

They may as well have been debating string theory for as much as their opinion is educated or matters on this topic.

they weren't very optimistic. Had no clue. and the interview of the Mayor was horrible for the most part. Dmac's questions were:
1) What did you think of the fans rushing the Court against Zona (his favorite thing to harp on)
2) You going to the NBA?
3) Why in the hell did you go to Colorado?
ugh. worthless.

they weren't very optimistic. Had no clue. and the interview of the Mayor was horrible for the most part. Dmac's questions were:
1) What did you think of the fans rushing the Court against Zona (his favorite thing to harp on)
2) You going to the NBA?
3) Why in the hell did you go to Colorado?
ugh. worthless.

Local sports media can't wrap their heads around the fact that you go to CU for basketball so you can compete for conference championships, go to the NCAA Tourney every year, and have a great shot at parlaying that into a professional career.

by the way, at least Dmac's question revealed some good info: Mayor is not even considering the NBA this year. Said that Dmac should ask the question of Dre.

This happens to be a complete description of dmac as a radio host. Utterly unlistenable.

I actually think he is one of the better hosts in Denver. Granted, that's not saying much. It's really unbelievable how bad sports radio here is for being a top-20 market.

I actually think he is one of the better hosts in Denver. Granted, that's not saying much. It's really unbelievable how bad sports radio here is for being a top-20 market.

Think about what a Top 5 list would look like for Denver sports radio hosts. Sad, huh?

I like listening to big al and Dmac, but I don't think either one could tell you the difference between a jump stop and a jump shot. No knowledge of hoops.

I think the most interesting thing to me about listening to the fan is how obvious the talking points are - all those guys are given a script of topics for the day and follow it to a T. It makes it really funny when something unexpected comes up (Like Colorado's College basketball resurgence) and they begin talking about it nonstop, even when it is clear none of them know anything about any thing they are talking about. Unless, of course, they get the chance to start talking about possible 6th round picks for the Broncos and whether they like vanilla ice cream. They got that **** down.

I like listening to big al and Dmac, but I don't think either one could tell you the difference between a jump stop and a jump shot. No knowledge of hoops.

That's the thing. If you are a fan of the Broncos, there are several who can talk about that for a 3 hour show without ever having to take a caller. But they're one trick ponies. Can't talk Nuggets, Rockies, Avs or Buffs with any level of insight.

If you like dmac, may I also suggest Gil Whitely. Follow that with some stuttering Jizla and slobbering Hastings. Nik is right. Local sports radio is terrible. I have only sparingly listened since the Embree canning. Try some 103.1.

If you like dmac, may I also suggest Gil Whitely. Follow that with some stuttering Jizla and slobbering Hastings. Nik is right. Local sports radio is terrible. I have only sparingly listened since the Embree canning. Try some 103.1.

So True. I listened to Big Al and Dmac interview the Mayor and thought of how many positive angles the could take but did not. Ended up pissed about the whole interview. Unreal.

Is that the comedy station? I pretty much only listen to MHS except Gil and try to avoid Jizla, even though he is a tiny bit more tolerable on radio.

I would like the latest.

10-seed against Butler in Lexington with Miami in the round of 32.

Sweet 16 game would be Notre Dame or New Mexico.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

butler could be an ugly game - they have a lot of clutch shooters that could be difficult to guard if the game is close down the stretch. something like against asu wont cut it there.

Maybe our buffs can prove c'ville right and personally boot miami from the dance in the round of 32.

butler could be an ugly game - they have a lot of clutch shooters that could be difficult to guard if the game is close down the stretch. something like against asu wont cut it there.

Maybe our buffs can prove c'ville right and personally boot miami from the dance in the round of 32.

Nothing will be like ASsU this year. Absolutely nothing. Butler is a damn good team and Brad Stevens is a damn good coach but I would think they'd be a pretty good matchup for both the 1st and 2nd games.

Would LOVE to play Miami if we must face a 2 seed. They are ripe for the picking.

I must add that Lunardi's bracket looks like **** right now. He's going to make furious changes at the end, because he's way off. The SEC isn't getting 4 teams in the tournament, and keeping Villanova in the bracket after their loss @ Seton Hall yesterday is highly questionable. And I don't care what ESPN says, Indiana State is simply not near getting in.

Still pissed about St. Mary's. They haven't done squat. Beating a fading Creighton team at home for their one "quality win", and there's not even any "quality" to that anymore.

Since we're probably honing in on a 9 or 10 seed, it seems like it makes sense to start grouping projected 1st round opponents in the 8 & 7 seeds. I'm seeing some consensus on various brackets; and knowing that some of these teams could float up or down within these seeding ranges (or out), here's the list I came up with.

7 Seeds:
  • St. Louis (more likely a 6)
  • Memphis
  • Illinois
  • Butler (more likely a 6 or better)
  • Notre Dame (more likely a 6 or better)
  • NCSU
  • Oregon
  • CSU

8 Seeds
:

• Minnesota
  • VCU
  • Oklahoma
  • SDSU
  • UCLA

9 Seeds

• Wichita State
  • Cinci
  • Colorado
  • Missouri

10 Seeds

• Creighton
  • Iowa State
  • UNC
  • Cal
  • Cinci
  • St. Marys

Noticed there are a lot of variability of teams in the 8 to 10 seed range, with only Creighton resembling a 'consensus' 10 seed. I take that to mean that there will be a lot of subjectivity on whether we're seeded in a 9 or 10 slot. I could easily see the committee allowing UNC to come up and take our 9 slot, just on bias alone.

I'm guessing we'll be a 10 as it stands today, which means our likely opponents are Memphis, NCSU, and Illinois; with teams like VCU, SDSU, Oklahoma, and Minnesota in the mix (with PAC schools & CSU highly unlikely due to in-season games). I don't think Butler slips as far as Lunardi is thinking.

Last edited:
Back