What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lytle Gone

I think based on recruiting (and Noyer winning the job), that Chev wants a running QB for this offense. It's an offense that's designed to be easy for a QB with reads & throws it asks of them, but also relies on a QB to be able to move. Lewis, Chandler & Carter are in a different mold than Lytle.

fwiw, I always liked Lytle a lot. Thought he was a poised guy who threw a very catchable ball. I hope that he finds a good opportunity.

I think based on recruiting (and Noyer winning the job), that Chev wants a running QB for this offense. It's an offense that's designed to be easy for a QB with reads & throws it asks of them, but also relies on a QB to be able to move. Lewis, Chandler & Carter are in a different mold than Lytle.

fwiw, I always liked Lytle a lot. Thought he was a poised guy who threw a very catchable ball. I hope that he finds a good opportunity.

I just find the timing weird.

Being the backup, (most likely) having a game next week, and having the starter get dinged up today - this feels a little like quitting.

I respect his decision, and I'm sure that seeing Noyer taking almost all the snaps this season was a tough pill to swallow, but I don't understand why this is happening this evening instead of a week from now.

Being the backup, (most likely) having a game next week, and having the starter get dinged up today - this feels a little like quitting.

I respect his decision, and I'm sure that seeing Noyer taking almost all the snaps this season was a tough pill to swallow, but I don't understand why this is happening this evening instead of a week from now.
Early signing period is next week. If a team loses out on their QB target and go into scramble mode, he's already in the portal and on the market.

Perfectly stated.

Early signing period is next week. If a team loses out on their QB target and go into scramble mode, he's already in the portal and on the market.

Both you guys are right-I think with as weird as this season as been its easy to forget about the early signing period

Zandi got it right. Not winning the starting job probably stung. But, there was solace in knowing you were there for your team when needed. The time comes, and you do not get the chance to shine because the staff puts in a gimpy starter back in. In other words, you will never get a shot unless the starter is dead, in traction or has a broken leg, and then, maybe.

I don't blame him a bit. Good luck Tyler.

Not to worry, HCKD recruits like a house a fire.

Last edited:
So much whining over losing a guy who couldn’t beat out a backup safety that we had to convince to come back from the transfer portal. I wish Lytle luck and hope he finds a better situation, but let’s not pretend this is some huge loss. We were on the verge of a CCG berth with Noyer and now because Lytle is transferring people think we should have played him in a 1 score game after completing 1 pass? Give me a break.

So much whining over losing a guy who couldn’t beat out a backup safety that we had to convince to come back from the transfer portal. I wish Lytle luck and hope he finds a better situation, but let’s not pretend this is some huge loss. We were on the verge of a CCG berth with Noyer and now because Lytle is transferring people think we should have played him in a 1 score game after completing 1 pass? Give me a break.
Pulling lytle today cost us any chance at coming back.

Not having him next week could be quite detrimental as well.

I hope you're all good with a true freshman who couldn't beat out a guy who couldn't beat out a backup safety.

Noyer gets dinged next week - or is more hurt than was let on tonight - and we're ****ed.

I feel like all the freak outs people have been suppressing all season have come out at the first opportunity. Just makes you look bad
How dare we hope for what could have been - and be mad when our coaches **** down their pants when presented with the chance to turn a good season into a magical one?

Maybe you're just too used to getting corn-holed every season that you don't even hope any more.

It's a shame to see Lytle go, I felt he was a good recruiter for CU starting from his commitment to the Buffs. I don't disagree with his transfer, it was a close competition in camp, KD said he wanted to give him opportunities (which did not occur) since the competition was so close. Noyer, meanwhile, has more turnovers than TD's and cannot get out of his own way. His RP decisions have been garbage and Lytle looked significantly better in his short time in the game today. I don't blame him and his departure is squarely on the shoulders of Chev, who has his own issues in playcalling. Chev s___ the bed with this one and now the program is stuck with a QB who turns the ball over more than he produces, yells at coaches on the sidelines and continues to make poor option decisions throughout games which impact the outcome. Not sticking with Lytle was a mistake that, in my opinion, cost the Buffs the game today as well as a solid QB moving forward.
Chev can recruit but his decisions as OC are a straight dumpster fire!

How dare we hope for what could have been - and be mad when our coaches **** down their pants when presented with the chance to turn a good season into a magical one?

Maybe you're just too used to getting corn-holed every season that you don't even hope any more.
You haven't been around all season. But you show up now. It's not a great look. Get some therapy.

Pulling lytle today cost us any chance at coming back.

Not having him next week could be quite detrimental as well.

I hope you're all good with a true freshman who couldn't beat out a guy who couldn't beat out a backup safety.

Noyer gets dinged next week - or is more hurt than was let on tonight - and we're ****ed.

He was not coming back in any scenario, the grand transfer part of it makes that pretty clear.

You are focused on QB and WR personnel decisions with the real issue being at RB. That is the position I would be far more worried about right now.

You haven't been around all season. But you show up now. It's not a great look. Get some therapy.
So no actual reply to the content.

Good look.

Keep accepting mediocrity. Hide your head in Chiv's ass.

We could have guaranteed ourselves a bowl game with a win. Now we'll be in the standard buff position. Hoping for the scraps from the conference, begging and pleading to be relevant again.

He was not coming back in any scenario, the grand transfer part of it makes that pretty clear.

You are focused on QB and WR personnel decisions with the real issue being at RB. That is the position I would be far more worried about right now.
I fully believe the announcement today was out of frustration. Whether the decision was already made or not, dunno.

But Duff, what if Broussard, Fontenot, and Clayton are the three backs next year? No problems with that! Stacks is a nice FB we need to use more.

Lytle was obviously recruited to run a different offense than what CU is running right now. No one should be upset with him for transferring out now. Maybe he saw how good Lewis was in practice which is something we'd not normally see and knew that he wasn't going to be the starting QB next season.

Some players are opting out right now because the last game of the season could be the team's "bowl game". Those games are the first chances to get a look at next season's team.

RB is the one position we need some attrition, yet chiv insists on playing players who shouldn't be on the team or should be playing another position.

There was 1 season in which we should have rotated 4 rbs - and the last time I checked, Purify, Brown et.al have all graduated.

Back