What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac considered one of the best off-season hires

He stopped recruiting .................... GB dug his own grave by intentionally refusing to work at recruiting. The sanctions didn't help, but he ran the other direction if he sensed recruiting would keep him off the golf course.

fify.....

GB gave CU fans the "heads-up" on his change in philosophy in two ways: First, he said that fans' "...needed to lower their expectations" for CU football and second, when he refused Bohn's offered and on -the-table contract, which was heavily laden with incentives (i.e. GB would actually have to work at his profession) when GB wanted a continuation of the Tharp-style "longevity contract" for more money. He also did a lousy job with assistants, hiring his buds and refusing to replace them when they didn't pan out and would never accept blame for stupid coaching mistakes, preferring to blame everybody else (Ochs blamed for the Fresno loss, prime among other examples). He punked Klatt big time when he blew Klatt's RS for NO GOOD REASON, thus effectively tanking the program when he was finally fired (think DH would have been off to such a horrible start with a decent 5th yr. QB like Klatt, instead of the QB flea circus DH was handed?) Finally, GB wasted his goodwill bank with the press, so when the fake scandal hit, nobody was willing to stand on GB's side, except Plaskett in Longmont---who might have been writing from the moon for all good he did.

NY Post has a writeup about HCMM and Parcells:
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...h_learned_the_parcells_bdrjO2d8SoqeRbAf4VddTO
“One of the great things I learned from Bill, when I went to Dallas, I was just a little peon he gave the duties of always doing all the practice schedules,’’ new Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre said.
“And at first, I was, ‘Uh, I really don’t want to do that.’ After I started doing it, it was great because I would spend time with Bill Parcells on how he wanted to handle practice, how he wanted to set up practice, the time organization. He is so organized.’’

GB was a good coach but hard to say his recruiting was great when he left us with BJax as QB.

GB was a good coach but hard to say his recruiting was great when he left us with BJax as QB.
I thought Bernard was a third stringer, before JB. We had a big kid who was a pro style QB then transferred immediately because of the master plan; Play the worst QB in CU history, so his son couldn't look any worse when he got here the following year. Didn't work.

I thought Bernard was a third stringer, before JB. We had a big kid who was a pro style QB then transferred immediately because of the master plan; Play the worst QB in CU history, so his son couldn't look any worse when he got here the following year. Didn't work.

Brian White is the name you're searching for, I believe. Had he gone somewhere else and torn it up, I might be inclined to agree with you. I can't even recall where he went.

White went to Portland State. Started for a while, lost his job his senior year to a freshman IIRC. He did spend some time on the Raiders practice squad.

IMO it's premature to credit MM as one of the best off-season hires.

He has coached exactly zero games thus far at Colorado. This is the same number as his predecessors at this point in their first years.

As I recall, GB had already decided BJax would not play QB. That D2's decision. I don't remember the story of why Brian White left, but he seemed to have promise and size. Daddy probably didn't want him around as competition.

Am I the only one who sees 'Mac' and still doesn't even register MM for a full second or two?

Old habits die hard.

fify.....

GB gave CU fans the "heads-up" on his change in philosophy in two ways: First, he said that fans' "...needed to lower their expectations" for CU football and second, when he refused Bohn's offered and on -the-table contract, which was heavily laden with incentives (i.e. GB would actually have to work at his profession) when GB wanted a continuation of the Tharp-style "longevity contract" for more money. He also did a lousy job with assistants, hiring his buds and refusing to replace them when they didn't pan out and would never accept blame for stupid coaching mistakes, preferring to blame everybody else (Ochs blamed for the Fresno loss, prime among other examples). He punked Klatt big time when he blew Klatt's RS for NO GOOD REASON, thus effectively tanking the program when he was finally fired (think DH would have been off to such a horrible start with a decent 5th yr. QB like Klatt, instead of the QB flea circus DH was handed?) Finally, GB wasted his goodwill bank with the press, so when the fake scandal hit, nobody was willing to stand on GB's side, except Plaskett in Longmont---who might have been writing from the moon for all good he did.

Spot on,

A certain other individual you all know and love stood up for him on the Dan Patrick show, the dude really knows how to show his appreciation :puke:

The one thing that makes me so optimistic about MacIntyre vs Hawkins (both being such great hires and all), is that Mac basically brought his entire coaching staff with him. So it's not going to be the "looks like CP was brains of BSU/we got the wrong guy" stuff.

The one thing that makes me so optimistic about MacIntyre vs Hawkins (both being such great hires and all), is that Mac basically brought his entire coaching staff with him. So it's not going to be the "looks like CP was brains of BSU/we got the wrong guy" stuff.

But, but, but...he didn't bring QB Foles.

And unlike Hawkins, MM's comments actually have substance to them, not generic zen bull****.

And unlike Hawkins, MM's comments actually have substance to them, not generic zen bull****.

What do you mean by substance? How can you even judge substance until you see some real results.

Maybe some of us are too negative on the football team and the coach and you feel like you have to defend him but I really don't don't where the sunshine comes from. Is MM a good coach for CU? I certainly hope so and I'll cheer loudly for him (sent my check for the OSU game last week) but I don't get suggesting that he's done anything of substance, yet.

What do you mean by substance? How can you even judge substance until you see some real results.

Maybe some of us are too negative on the football team and the coach and you feel like you have to defend him but I really don't don't where the sunshine comes from. Is MM a good coach for CU? I certainly hope so and I'll cheer loudly for him (sent my check for the OSU game last week) but I don't get suggesting that he's done anything of substance, yet.
MM has a plan for everything and when he is asked questions, he responds in detail with how it fits into his plan, etc. I'm not the only one to notice this. The Hawk and MM comparisons aren't valid, and just because cliches are being used they're cliches for a reason and because one failed coach used them does not mean they are false statements.

The sunshine (I don't see how saying that MM speaks with substance and predicting 3-4 wins which is what Vegas has for the O/U is sunshine pumping but whatever) but I see no reason to have a negative attitude towards just about anything before anything happens. MM has said and done everything right (some will disagree with that staff but whatever). You don't have to be a sunshine pumper but the fact that being optimistic about things is taboo on this site and seemingly against the rules with how some act is ****ing stupid.

I think, ironically, that the state of Colorado Football is actually to MM's advantage. He comes in literally at the bottom, and every little step forward will be lauded as progress where it will be easy to build forward momentum both on the field and in recruiting.

He has coached exactly zero games thus far at Colorado. This is the same number as his predecessors at this point in their first years.

To quote the coach himself: "Of course people like me now, I haven't coached a game."

Hey, it's an opinion piece. That means the guy is niether right nor wrong. It's just his opinion. And I like positive articles and opinions about CU football for a change. And my opinion is thar MM is the real deal and he will turn this thing around. I like the direction we are going with Rick George and Mike MacIntyre.

Back