What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac Demeanor on sidelines

I was impressed when he was flagged for the penalty. And at the end of the game, loved seeing his disappointment, Was nice to see a HC on our sidelines who felt the ups and downs of this game. I bet the players see that passion in him.
Well I didn't get to see if just listened. I was like, there we go Mac. Only disappointment was he didn't grab his flag, run across the field and drill Sonny in the face with it.

It looked like PI where I was siting which were pretty ****ty seats so take it for what it is worth. I like his reaction and want a coach that shows the team he has their back when they are laying out there on the line. I would rather have that than a coach who never shows any emotion at all. Not a big deal either way.

The following punt was horrible and that pissed me off. Let's just say the special teams in general pissed me off and were much more of an issue than the coaches demeanor. 3 simple fgs missed, big kick returns, crappy punts, dancing return men that do not go north and south. They took a major step backwards yesterday.

Ill sum it up for you brad, special teams cost us the game. Not just the missed the fgs but the short kickoffs and crappy coverage. Don't get me started on the red zone.

Ill sum it up for you brad, special teams cost us the game. Not just the missed the fgs but the short kickoffs and crappy coverage. Don't get me started on the red zone.

Yep Luke, that was my point. This team deserves better in the special teams coaching area. They were a disaster.

I like it because in between the animated reactions, he's pretty steady. Embree and some others seemed to be sulking or celebrating by the moment. Good to show the team how much you care, if you over do it, it can be a problem, but I think MikeMac is a little more calculated about it.

Nothing better than a coach that will call your ass out, they are hard on you because they care and want the best. Most don't care, Mac does. We need to keep moving and getting rid of guys that don't care. EWhite, step up to the plate, job to be had. Mosley thinks looking like **** on the field is no big deal, send him packing. Need to put down the bong son and realize why ur here in the first place.

Offense played 4 quarters, defense played 2, ST...0.5? Need to put 4 qtrs together in all 3 phases...we will be formidable when we do that.

Our head coach is no problem, some assistants, not so much. Jesus he's gonna weigh like 120 if we don't start turning this around. We'll have our chance next week. Damn but we need a conference road win in the worst way.

Each time CU loses, Mike Mac sheds 8 lbs.

I don't have a problem with it at all. I do, however, have a problem with the flag. I can't recall a player or coach getting flagged for a verbal altercation before, but I've seen it a couple times this year in college and the NFL. I used to enjoy that football was pretty much free of the "technical" foul. I guess the referees don't have a backbone any more. Stupid.

(I get that Mac was on the field, but it is what he said, not where he said it from, that provoked the penalty.)

it was a borderline call, but something outside of the play was used in making the final decision. ugh. Glad Mac realized that and got pissed. Gotta stand up for your team.

It looked like PI where I was siting which were pretty ****ty seats so take it for what it is worth. I like his reaction and want a coach that shows the team he has their back when they are laying out there on the line. I would rather have that than a coach who never shows any emotion at all. Not a big deal either way.

The following punt was horrible and that pissed me off. Let's just say the special teams in general pissed me off and were much more of an issue than the coaches demeanor. 3 simple fgs missed, big kick returns, crappy punts, dancing return men that do not go north and south. They took a major step backwards yesterday.

Special teams/more awful play-calling from Lindgren inside the five. Love Mac's demeanor after the PI no-call, especially after Dykes threw a fit every time they took a penalty. I don't really have a problem with the way he reacted after the fourth down call-but I think theres another factor here. I think MM really wanted the Cal job in 2012, and didn't get a look from Sandy Barbour. As a result, I think games with Cal mean more to him.

Except for a couple individual efforts to make great plays in coverage (White keeping that ball from going in the end zone and Moeller making a shoestring tackle inside the 15), there wasn't anything special about our special teams yesterday.

I love the passion and emotion from MM. I really do. But he needs to stop short of getting flagged imo. Hurt his team right there. The rest of it I had no problem with.

During Cal's 21-0 run in the second half the radio guys pointed out that MMac was walking along the bench getting all of the players to stand and cheer on the players in the game. Seemed important to getting back in it.

Sad that the coaches have to work to get the kids into a game like that.

I swear, I though Darragh and Oliver were strengths. Main reason we lrt Csl back in the game was missed FGs and short or shanked punts. Special teams killed us yesterday. That and Tedric getting hurt.

During Cal's 21-0 run in the second half the radio guys pointed out that MMac was walking along the bench getting all of the players to stand and cheer on the players in the game. Seemed important to getting back in it.

I swear, I though Darragh and Oliver were strengths. Main reason we lrt Csl back in the game was missed FGs and short or shanked punts. Special teams killed us yesterday. That and Tedric getting hurt.

There's a lot going on that had to be fixed in our program that had nothing to do with coaching or player talent.

I'm all right with what he did after the PI call. I'm not sure it was PI, but you never see that overturned. I think the ref had a short leash there. That was a BS reversal.

His reaction after the 4th down debacle was funny. I really don't want my coach holding his head on the sidelines having a meltdown, but I don't see how anyone doesn't do that after that play. So frustrating. I have no confidence that our line would've executed enough to get that yard, but to not even give them a chance? Uggg.

I have no confidence that our line would've executed enough to get that yard, but to not even give them a chance? Uggg.

nggz9SA.png

You have to be real careful with that stuff, I do not agreed with MacIntyre drawing the 15 yard penalty. It put his team in a bad position and helped CAL get a TD. Coaches are always telling players to shake it off and keep their heads in the game - that goes for coaches also.

Demeanor doesn't matter in results on the field. Mac1 was pretty calm on the sidelines, Mac2 is very demonstrative. I personally like to see the coach getting into the game...it's fun to watch!

Mac one was "calmer" on the sidelines but when you looked in his eyes you could see the fire and he has his ways of conveying that.

Shows different ways but similar in that they both have a deep level of caring for what happens and for doing those things you can control right.

Most of the time with Hawkins we say way to much "oh well" attitude, Embree got fired up but focused more on being mad than on solutions and then he had a tendency to just give up.

If we are looking for one of the 3 major areas that cost us the game, it was special teams. The D sucked in the second half, but played a great first half. The O played well for 4 qtrs. Can't wait for this team to click on all 3 cylinders :thumbsup:

I'm all right with what he did after the PI call. I'm not sure it was PI, but you never see that overturned. I think the ref had a short leash there. That was a BS reversal.

His reaction after the 4th down debacle was funny. I really don't want my coach holding his head on the sidelines having a meltdown, but I don't see how anyone doesn't do that after that play. So frustrating. I have no confidence that our line would've executed enough to get that yard, but to not even give them a chance? Uggg.
Uhhhh what?

I perfectly ok with the reaction the sideline.

Hawk had that no clue look on his face all the time.

Embree would either not watch, or blow up at a player.

MacIntyre let loose on a ref, and the reaction at the end was because he know what he was doing, and could not believe what ToJo did. Mac expected to win that game, and the team is starting to fall in line behind him.

I wish he would have backed off and not cost us those 15yds, but I love the passion he has.

Looks like if Sefo had gotten the pitch off, Jones walks in. Damned blown play at the most critical time.
Blown play...and Tony Jones is a senior. I really expect better from upperclassmen. Another pivotal negative play. No wonder Mac said this was a gut-wrenching loss...bad calls, blown tackles, flubbed plays.

Watch the post game presser. HCMM did an excellent job. Never faulted the individual players for losing the game. Said Will was an excellent kicker, and a Lou Groza candidate (was), but he had a bad day. Said the last play was a miscommunication by the coaches, despite how easy it is for us to see that Jones ran the wrong play. I was impressed how well he went from pissed off / distressed / inconsolable on the sideline, to composed and forthright in his comments during the presser.

Back