What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac guaranteeing a win tomorrow...

My impression is that many (most?) of us are thinking that Mac is on the hot seat, needs to win this game, needs to rally attendance to avoid RG firing him over it, and may need to pull this team together within the face of all the negativity they're hearing.

So, why the **** not do this? It's the exact type of situation that calls for it.

If they lose, then he looks like a complete ass and it won't be good for his future here. But wasn't that already the case even if he'd given us nothing but coach speak at the homecoming rally?

I want him to own this. Because if he wins... oh, my... it means that he just went Joe Namath on us and we have a legitimate tipping point situation.
stay the **** off allbuffs... we need Kemp

Well, there is the added pressure on a bunch of guys that don't seem to cope with pressure very well. That could, possibly, be a downside.

I don't think there's anything he can say to add pressure at this point. The kids bring that on themselves.

meh, if we lose tomorrow it will be just another disappointing loss in a string of P12 losses, no worse because the coach 'guaranteed' a win at a homecoming pep rally...

There is a point where your back is against the wall..... And there is more to lose by not changing the course of things....

Coach MM, and this team need a win big Time! How about us fans?

Time to get off the porch and win a conf game!

Time to coach like it then. Time to take risks and pull out trick plays. Get some of those to connect early and the confidence can grow.Do whatever it takes time as this is his best hope left for a conference win. I am pulling for you MM.

Woman-good-with-balls-_tt2f.gif

My impression is that many (most?) of us are thinking that Mac is on the hot seat, needs to win this game, needs to rally attendance to avoid RG firing him over it, and may need to pull this team together within the face of all the negativity they're hearing.

So, why the **** not do this? It's the exact type of situation that calls for it.

If they lose, then he looks like a complete ass and it won't be good for his future here. But wasn't that already the case even if he'd given us nothing but coach speak at the homecoming rally?

I want him to own this. Because if he wins... oh, my... it means that he just went Joe Namath on us and we have a legitimate tipping point situation.

Exactly. His seat is much hotter than I had thought. He needs to challenge the team if no one on the team wilL. Step up and draw that line in the locker room. There are no excuses tonight, win or MM is looking at losing the team, the fans but more importantly, RG.

I think it is a bad move. The team called a players only meeting - let the teams leadership step forward. MacIntyre inserting himself into it takes ownership away from the team. Also give BB material to Arizona and RichRod...they won't be overlooking us.

Kidding aside, I don't think its a big deal. Just a motivational tool. That's probably the story here. That is, that Mac feels it's necessary to "guarantee" a win to add motivation. Maybe, in his mind, it's also an attempt to instill some confidence in the team. If we lose there won't be any additional consequences because he "guaranteed" a win. Us fans won't be any more pissed. The program from the AD on down won't be any more frustrated. Mac won't be in any more danger of losing his job.

We still have a patchwork offensive line, a QB that can't hit the broadside of a barn, and a pair of freshmen starting at ILB, right?

I'll be calling in that guarantee if the Buffs don't win.

Huge difference between saying "we're going to win tomorrow" and "I guarantee we will win tomorrow".
He should of stuck with the first.

Kidding aside, I don't think its a big deal. Just a motivational tool. That's probably the story here. That is, that Mac feels it's necessary to "guarantee" a win to add motivation. Maybe, in his mind, it's also an attempt to instill some confidence in the team. If we lose there won't be any additional consequences because he "guaranteed" a win. Us fans won't be any more pissed. The program from the AD on down won't be any more frustrated. Mac won't be in any more danger of losing his job.
Agreed. It's something he hasn't tried...maybe he thinks by mixing things up he'll hit on something to help these kids execute.

I think it is a bad move. The team called a players only meeting - let the teams leadership step forward. MacIntyre inserting himself into it takes ownership away from the team. Also give BB material to Arizona and RichRod...they won't be overlooking us.
Unless after the meeting, the players told HCMM that they guaranteed a win. In this case, he'd be supporting their initiative.

I think you (and most responses) are over analyzing a moment of exuberance.

That is beyond amazing!

Coach don't guarantee wins players do....Coaches are not on the field.

I think you (and most responses) are over analyzing a moment of exuberance.

That is beyond amazing!
"I guarantee a victory!" exclaimed Hokie, while scrubbing the remnants of the evening's chicken caccitore from the stained pan.

This is a line in the sand statement. He better be able to back it up. I'm still in the MM camp because I believe he needs time, but he has been talking the talk about wins this season, so he better be able to back it up.

Back