What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac has a n open letter to be read on air...

I'm getting the definite sense there was much more to the "letter" than just 5 paragraph statement on the link a couple pages back. Did Mac actually come on read the letter then talk on for another 5-10 minutes?

Huh. Read the letter. Aside from the last two sentences, seems to be a re-hash of that presser in support of Embo after the Sac St. (?) loss.

I don't think the letter bothered many people. It was pretty tame. But his rant about how race needs to be considered in employment decisions, how it shows lack of integrity to not let someone work out his entire contract, and how black athletes will not want to come to CU now... kind of over the top, man.

I am a relatively new Buff, came here 3-4 years ago, and Coach Mac has never impressed me. He comes off a little crazy and has appeared hypocritical on many occasions.

The Parade of Buffs really pushed me over the edge when he strongly "encouraged" the athletic department to put it on and then pay him $10K to speak at it (so I have heard). He also put himself above the program by forcing the UCLA/USC rivalry as the games we circle in red.

So much selfishness when he is one of the few figureheads that could really help unite the program right now and push for the change we need.

This is so OBVIOUSLY not a race issue why are people trying to make it about race? Viewing Embree's presser, etc. I actually don't think Embree is behind this.

I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A RACE ISSUE! It's called performance and we playing in the big leagues now in the Pac 12. It's an arm's race and we have fallen woefully behind. Embree is not only to blame but if we want to keep up with the Joneses (more like catch up to them) we have to actually have a qualified coach who can get the best out of the talent he has while he reloads with better talent.

First, it was the Colorado sweater during the Jebus review...

Next it was breaking his own contract to resign on a day he should have been celebrating Salaam's 2,000 yd. rushing efforts which sealed the Heisman, then exclaiming like an idot, "Oh, I didn't think it would matter that I resigned."

Now this steaming pile o' crapola! Didn't hear Mac whine about Embree when he left for UCLA did we?

Mmmmmm, Dayum! Mac's Buff card just got double-secret revoked in my book!

What a ****ing hypocrite. He resigned in the middle of his contract, thus not honoring it. He also decided to announce it the night that Rashaan Salaam clinched the Heisman, completely stealing what was a special day for his African American player so that the spotlight could stay on him.

I am a relatively new Buff, came here 3-4 years ago, and Coach Mac has never impressed me. He comes off a little crazy and has appeared hypocritical on many occasions.

The Parade of Buffs really pushed me over the edge when he strongly "encouraged" the athletic department to put it on and then pay him $10K to speak at it (so I have heard). He also put himself above the program by forcing the UCLA/USC rivalry as the games we circle in red.

So much selfishness when he is one of the few figureheads that could really help unite the program right now and push for the change we need.

Mac has always been about Mac first! Always trying to show us his heart is in the right place.

But as the man said, "If you're doing something to show your heart's in the right place, then your heart ain't in the right place!"

Why do so many of the CU football fraternity choose to look the other way on the worst season in the history of our once proud program and instead prefer to try to damage the brand and the future of the program they supposedly love?

Because they all know Embo personally would be my guess. They're personally invested in his success and cannot objectively see what has happened the past 2 years. I am on the opposite side of many of my childhood heroes right now, and I hate it.

That's obviously why they're doing this Rino, but it's just sad that they have resorted to blind loyalty. Where is the objectivity? By doing this these guys are showing they care more about letting Embree keep his job that he's failing at instead of doing what CU needs to do to get the football program back on track.

Forget a new HC, CU Athletics needs to hire the best PR team Pac-12 money can buy. This entire ordeal, from hire to right now has been the most ridiculous debacle in cfb (not involving illegal activities). Your ex-coach, your admin- and quite possible Mac are costing you potential hc candidates/recruits, and respectability.

Have not read the thread, only the letter in the DC. What is Mac expecting....that we will revolt and demand than Jon is reinstated? Ok, men and women of Colorado, let's storm the gates and burn this bitch to the ground!

So let me get this straight. Coach Mac is crazy and should go away? None of us has contributed what he has to CU football. Whether you agree with him or not, some of this criticism is out of hand.

Have not read the thread, only the letter in the DC. What is Mac expecting....that we will revolt and demand than Jon is reinstated? Ok, men and women of Colorado, let's storm the gates and burn this bitch to the ground!

What he doesn't understand is that there was already a revolt - but it was to have Embree fired.

What he doesn't understand is that there was already a revolt - but it was to have Embree fired.

exactly. And you and Nik were the revolutionaries, not some has been that should grab his pipe and sherry and sail off into the sunset.

39k attendance against Utah, with at least a few thousand of those tickets giveaways. People were already voting with their feet. Folsom would have been a ghost town next season. Mid to low 30's. That is completely unacceptable. Consumers of CU football have learned to spot terrible coaching when we see it

So again, I ask - was the letter itself just read by some radio talking head, or did Mac come on read his letter and then go on talking for another 10 minutes beyond. Everything everyone is saying here sounds like the speech we all heard before a couple of months back. I'm trying to get context here since I was at work and couldnt stream it.

Mac came on and read it, then CJ asked a few question. Mac went on about race, and then they closed the segment and went to commercial.

Thanks dio - I was trying to understand the hate and discontent going on here. Because the letter itself didn't seem to be such a big deal.

Forget a new HC, CU Athletics needs to hire the best PR team Pac-12 money can buy. This entire ordeal, from hire to right now has been the most ridiculous debacle in cfb (not involving illegal activities). Your ex-coach, your admin- and quite possible Mac are costing you potential hc candidates/recruits, and respectability.

At this point in time, I bet the PAC12 would be willing to loan us their PR team.

Thanks dio - I was trying to understand the hate and discontent going on here. Because the letter itself didn't seem to be such a big deal.

The letter was frankly very tame, and kind of sad when he read it. It was the comments after that have people fired up

Mac also said the equivalent of why would a black athlete want to come here now.

Off base statement by Mac, geez - athletes come because of the coach black or white.

Bohn ****s up this hire with a ho-hum coach, and NO ONE (I don't a flying **** what color you are) will come here.

Bohn better sack the **** up right ****ing now.

Last edited:
From Mac's Save Jon pep rally: "Stand up and be counted! Ok we have Joel, Alfred, Eric, Jon, CJ... Joel, you can't be counted twice! Sit down."

Back