What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac on 102.3 NOW.....

Mac and the Buffs4Life crew circling the wagons big time today. Which tells me they've heard enough of the uprising to be worried.

Frankly, at this point any of the Denver sports media that includes an ex-Buff as host or as a major host at their station (most of the radio shows, unfortunately) are probably a lost cause. But they were never likely to take up this cause anyway. As others have pointed out, the only ones who give a **** about anything other than the Broncos are the ex-Buffs who helped Embree get the job in the first place.

What that tells me is that the Regents and the Administration are the places to focus attention. We actually did start to see some movement there yesterday. It's an extreme longshot, but it's the best shot we've got...

Sat, Sep 08
MICHIGAN STATE
-
BOULDER
L 21-24
MH Cable

Sat, Sep 15
Oregon
-
at Eugene, Ore.
L 20-27
Sat, Sep 22
Notre Dame
-
at South Bend, Ind.
L 14-55
Sat, Sep 29
UCLA
BOULDER
L 16-33
Sat, Oct 06
*Missouri
-
at Columbia, Mo.
L 7-52
KATZ
Sat, Oct 13
*IOWA STATE
-
BOULDER
W 23-21
WOI

Sat, Oct 20
*NEBRASKA
BOULDER
L 7-24
Sat, Oct 27
*Oklahoma State
at Stillwater, Okla.
L 14-20
KATZ
Sat, Nov 03
*KANSAS
-
BOULDER
L 27-28
KOOD

Sat, Nov 10
*OKLAHOMA
BOULDER
L 17-42
KTVY

Sat, Nov 17
*Kansas State
-
at Manhattan, Kan.
L 6-38

In 84 the score differential was 15.6 - 33. This year it is 16.3 - 46.4. The class year average in 84 was year 2.21. This year it is 1.95. In '84 we lost to 4 ranked opponents. This year, 3. So, I think Mac's argument is "arguable." It isn't totally invalid. '84 had a 20 man senior class. This year, we have only 8. I'd imagine if you analyzed playing time, Mac had more experience playing than we do this year.
DBT look at the scores v. ranked opponents in 1984 there is competition there. CU is getting hammered by nobodies. It isn't arguable...

DBT look at the scores v. ranked opponents in 1984 there is competition there. CU is getting hammered by nobodies. It isn't arguable...
Very good point indeed, sir! We lost to No. 5 'braska 24-7. Not a one of us would not take that this year, fo' sho'. As a matter of fact, that is a really good point. We were pretty competitive against ranked teams in '84. I didn't see the forest for the trees, I guess.

These ****ers get what they deserve. Hell, give Embree 10 years. He will be incredibly lucky to have ONE winning season. And the Buffs4Life ****heads can have the whole stadium to themselves because there will be less than 10,000 fans in the stands.

Hawkins just needed more time.
He wasn't a Buff though, so there are different rules in play. At least that's what I'm learning. And it's the different rules/expectations (no way in hell am I saying Hawk should have been around past year 4) that is killing me from the media-based Buffs. They need to put the program first, not personal ties and friendships. It's clear to anyone that doesn't have a bias that Embree is going the wrong way, but instead, I hear that he needs time, without any reason other than Mac needed time.

Buffs4Life seemed like such a great idea at the time to infuse some much needed energy into the program. Now I feel duped, these guys are gonna hang us with their politics.

Buffs4Life seemed like such a great idea at the time to infuse some much needed energy into the program. Now I feel duped, these guys are gonna hang us with their politics.

They will reap what they sew. When there are thousands fewer season ticket sales and the Buffs are lucky to win a game or two next year, and the Buffs are even further down in the dumps, CU will once again wish that they had made a change.

Understand. I'm just putting out the numbers I can find. I don't feel like looking into how good or bad, say, Mich. St. was in '84. If you want to go to the trouble, I'd love to see it. In other words, we don't have a "strength of schedule" comparison. That is a valid point.

MSU - 6-6 L 21-24
Oregon - 6-5 L 20-27
Notre Dame -7-5 L 14-55
UCLA - 9-3 L 16-33
Missouri - 3-7-1 L 7-52
Iowa State - 2-7-2 W 23-21
Nebraska - 10-2 (#4) L 7-24
Oklahoma State - 10-2 (#7) L 14-20
Kansas - 5-6 L 27-28
Oklahoma - 9-2 (#6) L 17-42
Kansas State - 3-7-1 L 6-38

MSU - 6-6 L 21-24
Oregon - 6-5 L 20-27
Notre Dame -7-5 L 14-55
UCLA - 9-3 L 16-33
Missouri - 3-7-1 L 7-52
Iowa State - 2-7-2 W 23-21
Nebraska - 10-2 (#4) L 7-24
Oklahoma State - 10-2 (#7) L 14-20
Kansas - 5-6 L 27-28
Oklahoma - 9-2 (#6) L 17-42
Kansas State - 3-7-1 L 6-38
Cool. Thanks.

Finally got a resposne from Klatt today on Twitter. He says my anger is misplaced, and that the department needs comprehensive change. I don't disagree, but the coaching staff should be included

Finally got a resposne from Klatt today on Twitter. He says my anger is misplaced, and that the department needs comprehensive change. I don't disagree, but the coaching staff should be included

Did you ask him when was the last time Bohn called a QB sneak on 1st and 10? :lol:

Mac's main argument for keeping Embree is that changing coaches will hurt our talent. As has already been established, that's not true, and is in fact the exact opposite of what will happen. Glad we could settle this argument early.

I really hope this year's class falls apart. The only way forward is to change the coaching staff, and anything that contributes to that is positive long term.

Klatt is a douche.
Think about it. Dad is a coach. He was probably always the star. Signed with the Padres. Couldn't hit a curve. Starting QB at CU. Got a shot at the NFL. Local celeb. All that adds up to likely douche hall of fame induction.

I caught a little bit of the Dave Logan show on my drive home. They really were circling the wagons today. Dave was spewing all the tired old talking points "We need to be patient", "It'll set us back more to start all over again", blah, blah, blah. I think the folks they got to call in were plants, frankly. One guy even said Embree should get "At least" a couple years. I was thinking to myself "Dave, the Broncos - you know the team you do play by play for - fired McDaniels after two years because it was obvious that he was incompetent. It didn't take them that long to turn it around. Why should CU be patient when the Broncos don't have to be? Haven't we been patient enough?" I swear he was given a set of talking points. It was pathetic. Hey Dave, how many of YOUR players are considering going to CU? Think about it.

The Broncos/McDaniels point is a very good one.

Hell, if McDaniels had actually been successful at implementing his plan the Broncos would have been locked into a long-term, league max contract on Matt Cassel and be the KC Chiefs right now. It would be his Year 4. I'm not an NFL expert, but I think that Broncos fans are happy that things played out the way they did.

The Broncos/McDaniels point is a very good one.

Hell, if McDaniels had actually been successful at implementing his plan the Broncos would have been locked into a long-term, league max contract on Matt Cassel and be the KC Chiefs right now. It would be his Year 4. I'm not an NFL expert, but I think that Broncos fans are happy that things played out the way they did.

except in the pros you replace your foundation thru free agency. In college, you can not.

the overall hate in this thread is strong. We're being snow balled and we know it. Which really sucks.

except in the pros you replace your foundation thru free agency. In college, you can not.

To a degree you can, but that's not really the point. The point is that Logan applied a different standard to the Broncos than he is to CU. Why?

I caught a little bit of the Dave Logan show on my drive home. They really were circling the wagons today. Dave was spewing all the tired old talking points "We need to be patient", "It'll set us back more to start all over again", blah, blah, blah. I think the folks they got to call in were plants, frankly. One guy even said Embree should get "At least" a couple years. I was thinking to myself "Dave, the Broncos - you know the team you do play by play for - fired McDaniels after two years because it was obvious that he was incompetent. It didn't take them that long to turn it around. Why should CU be patient when the Broncos don't have to be? Haven't we been patient enough?" I swear he was given a set of talking points. It was pathetic. Hey Dave, how many of YOUR players are considering going to CU? Think about it.
Yeah. But McDaniels had guys wanting to leave the team. Big difference.

The thing is that nobody has ever said that buying out Embree is too expensive or that they aren't prepared to pay another coach the going market rate. The Pac 12 money is more than adequate to do both in the same year. Money isn't a factor here. I'm frankly having a very difficult time understanding what the factors are. I can't see any objective measure that could be used to justify keeping Embree employed by the University of Colorado beyond 5:00 PM on Friday.

The thing is that nobody has ever said that buying out Embree is too expensive or that they aren't prepared to pay another coach the going market rate. The Pac 12 money is more than adequate to do both in the same year. Money isn't a factor here. I'm frankly having a very difficult time understanding what the factors are. I can't see any objective measure that could be used to justify keeping Embree employed by the University of Colorado beyond 5:00 PM on Friday.
OK now. There was one post that addressed money. I can't remember who posted it due to short term memory loss. The post said we still owe for club seats, Barnett and Hawkins buy outs, Big XII buy out, one year of no income after leaving the Big XII, yada yada yada.

OK now. There was one post that addressed money. I can't remember who posted it due to short term memory loss. The post said we still owe for club seats, Barnett and Hawkins buy outs, Big XII buy out, one year of no income after leaving the Big XII, yada yada yada.

Absurd. Who the hell comes up with stuff like this, anyway? Barnett has been gone for seven years. You honestly think we still owe him money? The stadium boxes have been sold out for the last 5 years (unbelievable, I know). This stuff is just crazy. I'm sure we probably still owe Bill Mallory, right?

Back