What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac, please shut up.

Inappropriate behavior by Mac.

It's not your birthday party, don't blow out the candles or spit on the cake.

Shanny had already told Embree that he was free to take the job and only wished him the best. Mac did not hear it from Embree, Mac has contacts at CU that are a lot higher up than Mike Bohn. It was a done deal and Henderson knew it (hell I knew it) he just used Coach Mac for confirmation.

If it was a done deal, then why the need to leak it to "be sure that some wishy-washy guy did not change their mind on the new coach"?

Obviously it wasn't finalized. Mac actually provided Bohn with an "out" if Bohn wanted to use it.

While he is the greatest single contributor to the successes we had in the past, it does not give him the right or privelidge to jeopordize the process and create a ****storm for CU like he did.

Mac has earned to say anything about, around, to, for, or against CU football he wants to. He's earned that right. Mac is CU football.

And Mac is trying to deflect the ****storm, not add to it. He knew JE would not be a popular hire and is trying to rally the fanbase for him. Doing a pretty good job too, if all you damn whippersnappers would just back off and let the man work.

here's another theory for why mac spilled the beans: JE had the job, EB was waffling - won't come unless its as HC. Mac talks to Henderson to put pressure on EB to come as OC. Mac puts it out there that Embo has the job and "what a special team JE and EB would be together." Now, EB looks bad if he does not come to Boulder as OC. The fact that Bohn didn't get to make the announcement and the hurt feelings at in the Athletic Dept. is just collateral damage.

Mac has earned to say anything about, around, to, for, or against CU football he wants to. He's earned that right. Mac is CU football.

And Mac is trying to deflect the ****storm, not add to it. He knew JE would not be a popular hire and is trying to rally the fanbase for him. Doing a pretty good job too, if all you damn whippersnappers would just back off and let the man work.

Really? Are you serious. ****storm started with Mac. If he wants to be the mouth of the AD, apply for the job. He is not right now and should have kept his mouth shut. Agree to disagree.

Edit: By the way, what do you consider a Whippersnapper? I was there during Macs early days. Do I still qualify?

Old people just get no respect. You know, in Europe, they take care of there old ****ers.

Mac shouldn't have said anything until the hire was announced, and then publicly support JE. Add to it the race angle, and this was an irresponsible move. Bohn did include Mac in this process, and per Mac consulted him since summer. Bohn even met with former players and heard them out. Making this hire look like a unified front from all camps needed to happen imo, and I'm not sure it can now.

Mac is just amped up. AJ obviously doesn't like Mac and feels a need to take as many shots at him as he can.

Mac is just amped up. AJ obviously doesn't like Mac and feels a need to take as many shots at him as he can.
Can't speak for AJ, but for myself - I love Mac. However, I agree with AJ on this. Whatever his motives, I think Mac has been speaking out of turn. He, of all people, should understand how something like this could have a negative impact on the program.

Really? Are you serious. ****storm started with Mac. If he wants to be the mouth of the AD, apply for the job. He is not right now and should have kept his mouth shut. Agree to disagree.

Edit: By the way, what do you consider a Whippersnapper? I was there during Macs early days. Do I still qualify?

Very serious. Mac is trying to keep the part of the fanbase that is fanatically loyal to him and pretty ****ing fed up with watching ****ty football from taking their marbles and going home. Embree's hiring was going to result in a ****storm no matter who broke the news.

In trying to avoid pissing off any particular contingent Bohn, being a wimp, inevitably found his way to the one candidate who offends pretty much nobody because he has no public or professional record to be offended by. Very typical committee outcome.

Unfortunately, that also means that he has pretty much no support from anywhere either - which kind of pisses everyone off. Also a very typical committee outcome. I'd guess 75% of the fanbase don't know/remember who he is, and of the 25% who do a majority of us think it's a 'meh' hire at best. Absolutely zero buzz, and not much of an elixir for a weary fanbase. The schaudenfraude of watching Hawk get canned has faded into the afterglow.

Having Mac out front is pure genius. He's doing everything in his power to lend what's left of his celebrity to Embree and rally the old ****er faction around him. He's using the publicity tour to drum up some media buzz, and get the issues with the hire out in the open so they can be defused. It's pre-emptive damage control to keep the wheels from falling off before JE gets to coach a game.

We are all either old****ers or whippersnappers. You could be an old whippersnapper or a young old****er. We both think the other side should STFU. Except the ones in the middle who refuse to pick a side and think both sides should STFU. They're kidding themselves. I suspect most of them are just self-hating old****ers. Except DBT who's technically too old to be anything but extinct. Does that answer your question?

Can't speak for AJ, but for myself - I love Mac. However, I agree with AJ on this. Whatever his motives, I think Mac has been speaking out of turn. He, of all people, should understand how something like this could have a negative impact on the program.

Hopefully this will be a distant memory come Monday when Bohn announces Embree. Really don't need division after this hire is made.

I think Bill McCartney played the academic administrators who have been holding Mike Bohn's job over him. Good on ya, Coach Mac. It's all good. I would love to have seen a certain guy's face as he got played. It makes me smile. You have to know university politics to see the big picture and what they are probably doing behind the scenes. A lot of academic administrators are dishonest. If all of this ends the way I'm hoping it ends, I'll be even happier than I am now. Bill McCartney may have saved a real mess from happening. If all goes well it will be up to Jon Embree and his staff to do something good for this completely demoralized and shattered football program.

I don't have to. You are doing a pretty good job of it yourself.

DBT, it's like scolding kids. You say "I don't like this behavior, but I LOVE you." Right? Well, Mac, I don't like this behavior.
You are the one who interprets that as "doesn't like Mac."

Part of my professional life is working with media relations. There is a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes to present something in just the right manner, using the right words at the right time. I can tell you I would have had a cow if someone had done this craziness prior to an announcement in which I was involved. So it pisses me off that he has made himself the unofficial spokesman. It should also piss off Bohn, Plati and the rest of the AD crew. And you know what? I bet Embree and Bienemy would like to speak for themselves too.

Peace, DBT - It's the action that I want to stop, not the man.

DBT, it's like scolding kids. You say "I don't like this behavior, but I LOVE you." Right? Well, Mac, I don't like this behavior.

Part of my professional life is working with media relations. There is a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes to present something in just the right manner, using the right words at the right time. I can tell you I would have had a cow if someone had done this craziness prior to an announcement in which I was involved. So it pisses me off that he has made himself the unofficial spokesman. It should also piss off Bohn, Plati and the rest of the AD crew. And you know what? I bet Embree and Bienemy would like to speak for themselves too.

Maybe if Bohn would quit being a puss and tripping over his own dick stuff like this wouldn't happen.

So if Bohn wanted to take more than 1 week to make this hire.

C'mon now, if everything Bohn supporters have been saying since November of last year is true, he's had a ****load more than 1 week to make this decision. Hell, it's been over 3 weeks since the haLkins was fired. And I don't buy that committee thing as being anything more than an attempt to pacify both the boosters and the academics. It just happened to have served the purpose of being a filter as well.

Bohn's had way more time than he should have needed.

C'mon now, if everything Bohn supporters have been saying since November of last year is true, he's had a ****load more than 1 week to make this decision. Hell, it's been over 3 weeks since the haLkins was fired. And I don't buy that committee thing as being anything more than an attempt to pacify both the boosters and the academics. It just happened to have served the purpose of being a filter as well.

Bohn's had way more time than he should have needed.

Because it's just so easy to go out and start inteviewing coaches who already have jobs for a position that isn't open yet... Riiiiiiiiiiiight.... :rolling_eyes:

Very serious. Mac is trying to keep the part of the fanbase that is fanatically loyal to him and pretty ****ing fed up with watching ****ty football from taking their marbles and going home. Embree's hiring was going to result in a ****storm no matter who broke the news.

In trying to avoid pissing off any particular contingent Bohn, being a wimp, inevitably found his way to the one candidate who offends pretty much nobody because he has no public or professional record to be offended by. Very typical committee outcome.

Unfortunately, that also means that he has pretty much no support from anywhere either - which kind of pisses everyone off. Also a very typical committee outcome. I'd guess 75% of the fanbase don't know/remember who he is, and of the 25% who do a majority of us think it's a 'meh' hire at best. Absolutely zero buzz, and not much of an elixir for a weary fanbase. The schaudenfraude of watching Hawk get canned has faded into the afterglow.

Having Mac out front is pure genius. He's doing everything in his power to lend what's left of his celebrity to Embree and rally the old ****er faction around him. He's using the publicity tour to drum up some media buzz, and get the issues with the hire out in the open so they can be defused. It's pre-emptive damage control to keep the wheels from falling off before JE gets to coach a game.

We are all either old****ers or whippersnappers. You could be an old whippersnapper or a young old****er. We both think the other side should STFU. Except the ones in the middle who refuse to pick a side and think both sides should STFU. They're kidding themselves. I suspect most of them are just self-hating old****ers. Except DBT who's technically too old to be anything but extinct. Does that answer your question?

Love the last part. We will agree to disagree on the role of Mac. I for one am ready to get onto seeing what Embo can do staff, recruiting and the coacing front. Time to get excited and forget about the process and the othe candidates and look forward to winning the Pac.

Its all good, AJ. But I really disagree with you that Mac went public for his own purposes.

Back