What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac Radio Show

He just said he hired a coach because he is black, and now defending greg brown

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I didnt like the fit he threw on Espn the other day. Thank God I spared myself from listening to more of his ranting.

So funny that Mac is talking up Brown and Cabral. Embree was firing both (and considered firing Brown after 1 season). And Mac doesn't see how Bohn was doing the exact same thing when he had a coach who wasn't getting it done and decided to make a change.

I can't listen any more. This is ridiculous and is just making me sad.

Because as anybody who knows anything about football knows, fired coaches are rehired all the time... :lol:

Funny you should bring that up...

Only 5 head coaches began their current stint prior to 2000.
Only 18 head coaches have held their jobs for more than 7 years.
146 head coaches have been fired since 2000.
19 of them have been hired again as a head coach at an FBS institution.

Now, two of those shouldn't really count because they were Charlie Weaherbie (Navy) and Todd Berry (Army) who were hired by Lousiana-Monroe, a school that specializes in making bad decisions in head coaches.

Funny you should bring that up...

Only 5 head coaches began their current stint prior to 2000.
Only 18 head coaches have held their jobs for more than 7 years.
146 head coaches have been fired since 2000.
19 of them have been hired again as a head coach at an FBS institution.

Now, two of those shouldn't really count because they were Charlie Weaherbie (Navy) and Todd Berry (Army) who were hired by Lousiana-Monroe, a school that specializes in making bad decisions in head coaches.

That's interesting in terms of the "no second chances for black coaches" argument that Embree has brought up a couple times. But I was talking more specifically about coaches being rehired by the same school that just fired them, as Mac apparently believes is going to happen with Embree.... :wow:

Before the Oregon game, Mac said the Buffs had a better shot against Oregon that week than the Broncos had against New Orleans. The guy has gone f**king goofy and it's embarrassing and sad.

They're has to be some former player out there that can be honest with Mac and help him save whatever face he can now.

That's interesting in terms of the "no second chances for black coaches" argument that Embree has brought up a couple times. But I was talking more specifically about coaches being rehired by the same school that just fired them, as Mac apparently believes is going to happen with Embree.... :wow:

Well...that just doesn't happen, so there are no stats to throw out there. :nod:

Coach Mac and Embree are trying to prove a point that black coaches never get a second chance. The two of them doing this stunt will never get Embree hired again, mission accomplished.

Before the Oregon game, Mac said the Buffs had a better shot against Oregon that week than the Broncos had against New Orleans. The guy has gone f**king goofy and it's embarrassing and sad.

They're has to be some former player out there that can be honest with Mac and help him save whatever face he can now.

I believe McChesney tried, but was essentially told he was a bad alum for disagreeing. Mac is self-immolating, and nothing is going to stop it.

So funny that Mac is talking up Brown and Cabral. Embree was firing both (and considered firing Brown after 1 season). And Mac doesn't see how Bohn was doing the exact same thing when he had a coach who wasn't getting it done and decided to make a change.

I can't listen any more. This is ridiculous and is just making me sad.

He was contradicting himself in a big way

It's sad, isn't it? I think he believes that if he can just tell people how he feels that no one could help but feel the same as he does once they know what he does. This will lead to an outpouring of support from the CU community that will lead to the firing of Mike Bohn and the re-hiring of Jon Embree.

It's a tragedy. I can't even make fun of it.

It's sad, isn't it? I think he believes that if he can just tell people how he feels that no one could help but feel the same as he does once they know what he does. This will lead to an outpouring of support from the CU community that will lead to the firing of Mike Bohn and the re-hiring of Jon Embree.

It's a tragedy. I can't even make fun of it.

He doesn't understand that he is in the minority - even with the radio guys on his side. Most people wanted Embree fired.

I wonder if they're forcing these guys to change topics?

I don't think it's even possible now. I've been a Buff fan for a long long time, have Mac's book autographed by him with a letter from him, and I'm DONE WITH HIM after all this. Someone shut him up, remove him very far from the program, or get him some meds. Something needs to happen!

Glad I skipped it. I am not interested in hearing Mac lose it in public like you are describing. And, Kent St is beating N. Illinois 7-0. Pretty good game and my glass of bourbon is much more satisfying.

Edit: Fixed the pedo Henderson mistake!

Last edited:
Glad I skipped it. I am not interested in hearing Mac lose it in public like you are describing. And, Kent St is beating N. Illinois 7-0. Preteen good game and my glass of bourbon is much more satisfying.

Henderson has got to be getting excited.... :smile2:

Glad I skipped it. I am not interested in hearing Mac lose it in public like you are describing. And, Kent St is beating N. Illinois 7-0. Pretty good game and my glass of bourbon is much more satisfying.

Edit: Fixed the pedo Henderson mistake!
Yeah ... I was wondering about that. Thought we might have to call in this guy:
images

Back