What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mac Radio Show

First off I go from chat here on my computer, to my car and turn it on in time to hear Mac say he was sorry he did this and walk off. Sounded full on 72 hour lockup was needed. Then Lance Carl says something that I'm still I'm not sure I heard right so someone correct me if I didn't.. he said a white coach couldn't go into a home of a black recruit in New Orleans who had a working single mom and a dad who hadnt been around in years and gain their confidence.... Is that not considered a racist stereotype at all?

Lance Carl's exactly right. This is why Nick Saban and Les Miles lost so many players to Sylvester Croom.

What planet is Cult Leader Mac living on? What year does he think it is? Black kids and their parents want the same thing as white kids and their parents. They want to win. They want playing time. The want a degree. They want a shot at the NFL. They want to feel like they'll be taken care of if they get hurt and can't play any more. They want to go to a program where they get along with the other players and it feels like family. They want to see good looking girls on campus. They want to feel their coaches will be there for them. They want a big stage with the stadium atmosphere. About the last thing any recruit cares about is the coach's ethnicity.

I hear that B4L are now pushing a Katie Hnida hire for special teams coach.

First off I go from chat here on my computer, to my car and turn it on in time to hear Mac say he was sorry he did this and walk off. Sounded full on 72 hour lockup was needed. Then Lance Carl says something that I'm still I'm not sure I heard right so someone correct me if I didn't.. he said a white coach couldn't go into a home of a black recruit in New Orleans who had a working single mom and a dad who hadnt been around in years and gain their confidence.... Is that not considered a racist stereotype at all?

Yessir. That is pretty much what he said. Then said something along of the lines of "you gave him a 5 year contract." Again, I point out that JE agreed to this contract, including the termination payout.

When are people going to understand that no one expected this ship to be turned around in 2 years????

What we expected was that it would be going in the right direction, which, after CSU/Sac St/Fresno, it clearly wasn't.

Yessir. That is pretty much what he said. Then said something along of the lines of "you gave him a 5 year contract." Again, I point out that JE agreed to this contract, including the termination payout.

Yep. As far as I can tell, CU honored every word in that contract. There's a chance that Embree didn't, though. It wouldn't be unusual for contract language to include that neither party will make defaming statements about the other. I'd expect that if CU wanted to get out of the buyout fees that it could do so at this point.

Yep. As far as I can tell, CU honored every word in that contract. There's a chance that Embree didn't, though. It wouldn't be unusual for contract language to include that neither party will make defaming statements about the other. I'd expect that if CU wanted to get out of the buyout fees that it could do so at this point.

I think it would have to get really bad from Embree for that to happen. CU just wants all this to go away, and fighting the guy over his contract won't make that happen

Oh man, Mac would flip out. Oh wait, he already has. Nevermind.

It would be more likely that CU's attorneys would send Embree a "cease and desist" letter, or whatever the **** they are called, first.

It would be more likely that CU's attorneys would send Embree a "cease and desist" letter, or whatever the **** they are called, first.
Don't act like you don't know what they're called. Didn't you get one of those when you were driving around all over the country installing glory holes in public restrooms?

As an outside observer- that was really sad. You may not agree with him, but That proud man gave his career to the University and took it to heights never seen. Mac basically turned his back on the University tonight for good. How can any of you be celebrating what just happened? Disgraceful.[/QUOT

Why as a ram fan do you care?

Last edited:
As an outside observer- that was really sad. You may not agree with him, but That proud man gave his career to the University and took it to heights never seen. Mac basically turned his back on the University tonight for good. How can any of you be celebrating what just happened? Disgraceful.[/QUOT

Why as a ram fan do you care?
I don't usually agree with syko, but when I do, it's telling a lamb fan to **** off

I loved Mac for what he did back in the day. I..cannot help but think he has lost it now, with what he is doing. He has to know that Bohn cannot do anything without BB and PD's approval for the most part. I think that Bohn had the decision taken out of his hands, and now that it was a obviously bad decision, BB and PD are giving him free reighn to do what Bohn wanted to do in the first place. He didn't name them as the guys that made the choice to hire JE, so they are glad to let him take the crap and back MB. So MB is going nowhere..and if this coach fails, all three will be replaced in most likelyhood. So they are all gambeling that MB will bring the program back. OR all heads will roll. IF we can see that, why cannot Bill Mac? That...the fact that he puts it all on MB, and has not clue what is going on up there tells me that he has lost it. I have NEVER hear of a coach being rehired and the AD fired after a coach is fired..he has lost touch with reality if he thinks that is even a possibility. If he cannot read the commentary from the sports writers around the country and realize that EVERYONE thinks JE was smply a horrible coach with a equally horrible staff, then...I am glad he is doing what he is. It will make sure that his opinion is disregarded from now n in CU decisions. I did not make that choice for him, but if he thinks JE is a brilliant football mind, then..I don't have much else to say.

Instead of wishing for the glory years, I am ready to forget Mac and move forward.

i think i bring a little different perspective to the mac situation that i haven't heard mentioned yet. i first started following college football when i started school at auburn in 1996. i then transferred to cu in 1998 and while i was still an auburn fan, i started to become a cu fan. i had no idea who mac was, only heard references to him. the only time i had heard much from him directly was when hawkins was coach and by that time i was full fledged cu fan with no mac in my history. i recognize and appreciate his accomplishments but they have nothing to do with my vision of cu football with the pinnacle being 2001. fast forward to embree's hiring and firing and i see a coach that desperately wants back in but has no relevancy to the current cu. it is sad to see, but he doesn't get a pass from me just because of his era. it is long gone and in my 14 years of being a buff fan, he was never a part.

Last edited:
Back