What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre And Staff To Present Football 101 For Women

She should attend the camp. Maybe she'd learn something. I'd certainly need to attend "Field Hockey For Men" if CU added that sport. Because, you know, men don't grow up playing it.

Besides... for ****'s sake... not very women football fans know what a Cover 2 is, but a good number would like to learn in a fun, woman-centered environment that comes with a chance to get to know our coaches. The only way this is "wrong" is if someone makes incorrect assumptions about what it is. We should expect better from a journalist. Maybe asking some women who have attended would have made the article worthy of print?

I get the feeling these two women actively sought attention for this and Kuta jumped on the opportunity. Both of them decided to post on the facebook post for this, along with a few other crazies.

The BDC always seems more than ready to jump on these sorts of things without asking anybody the right questions, and instead just taking the side of who's shouting the loudest.

It's at times like this that I really pity Dave Plati. Dude has to just be shaking his head in utter disbelief right now. How do you reason with somebody like that? They come from a place of such complete ignorance, yet they feel compelled to voice their opinion.

I get the feeling these two women actively sought attention for this and Kuta jumped on the opportunity. Both of them decided to post on the facebook post for this, along with a few other crazies.

The BDC always seems more than ready to jump on these sorts of things without asking anybody the right questions, and instead just taking the side of who's shouting the loudest.

If your starting point is a belief that football guys are a bunch of misogynistic neanderthals and that the women who support the sport are a bunch of Stepford wife cheerleaders, then you don't need to do actual investigate journalism. This sounds like the kind of thing that fits those existing beliefs, so it must be the true and accurate take on the matter.

I will bet 100 bucks next year that they drop "for women" from the title.

I always thought it was stupid that they marketed it that way. What's the point? I didn't read the article, but it was bound to be written. Calling this thing football 101 for women is just plain idiotic.

I'll admit a little re-branding wouldn't hurt. Something along the lines of "Women's CU Football Fan Camp". The Football 101 thing sounds like it could be degrading & assume that it would talk down to the level of "there are 11 players on each side, a field goal is worth 3 points, etc." and the actual content of this is much more advanced than that.

I always thought it was stupid that they marketed it that way. What's the point? I didn't read the article, but it was bound to be written. Calling this thing football 101 for women is just plain idiotic.

To reach women fans, boosters, or at least wives of boosters. If you just had a regular football class given by the coaches it'd get filled up with guys who just want access to the coaches and a chance to prove how much they already know about football.

Do we still have the buffalo belles booster club? Sorry to admit that I don't know anymore. If so, If one were to simply rebrand this event "Football 101 sponsored by the Buffalo Belles" it would convey the purpose without appearing denigrating.

Do we still have the buffalo belles booster club? Sorry to admit that I don't know anymore. If so, If one were to simply rebrand this event "Football 101 sponsored by the Buffalo Belles" it would convey the purpose without appearing denigrating.

Sort of. My wife sent the money to join a few years ago and never heard a thing back. My impression is that it became a clique of older ladies with little interest in becoming a more dynamic organization. http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=178102

(Similar issue with the Denver Buff Club. They need new blood, know they need it, but don't really want it.)

Sort of. My wife sent the money to join a few years ago and never heard a thing back. My impression is that it became a clique of older ladies with little interest in becoming a more dynamic organization. http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=178102

(Similar issue with the Denver Buff Club. They need new blood, know they need it, but don't really want it.)

Wow that's sad. I remember walking by the Glenn miller ballroom in the depths of the Fairbanks era and the room was filled with buffalo belles. A packed house meeting of the club. All in black and gold and fired up!

Wow that's sad. I remember walking by the Glenn miller ballroom in the depths of the Fairbanks era and the room was filled with buffalo belles. A packed house meeting of the club. All in black and gold and fired up!

It's part of the general problem that we have seen with donors and the lack of outreach to young alums, younger season ticket holders, local business owners, etc. Things got old. The stadium got old. The stories got old. Everything just became a bit run down and a bunker mentality permeated everything.

As an example, many of us liked seeing those CU flags all along US 36 (aka, Buffalo Highway) on home game days. That was done by the Denver Buff Club. Specifically, by a couple who are now in their 70s. I don't think there was anyone to step up and take it over when they decided to slow down, step down from formal office & organizational roles, and focus on their passion for the men's basketball team as private boosters. I go to events like the Recruiting Luncheon and I never see younger people put in any roles with these things.

Some folks are unhappy unless they can find something to be offended about. I mean, seriously. Of all the things to take offense over. Get a life, people.

Please, it is just football... how can saying to someone 'you just don't know football' be considered denigrating?

To call Football 101 for Women "denigrating" is an embarrassment to all things denigrating.

Now THIS is denigrating:

"Cooking, Laundry and Vacuuming 101 for Men"

or

"Futbol 101 for Heterosexuals"

:popcorn:

I'm here for pix of the participants.

Haz disappoint.

Kinda hard to post pics when it hasn't happened yet

Great point.

Here's UGA, Cincinnati & UT

8051075.jpg

Lsports6.jpg

sisters_womens_clinic_j1459wc(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I don't have an issue with changing the name. Branding is important and it does sound as if the name of this camp causes confusion. My main issue was with the way that suggested name change was presented in the article.

Women should not be let out of the house to begin with. Other than going to the grocery store, drop off/pick up dry cleaning, shuttle the kids around, pick up the drunk husband and the gym/beauty salon so that she will look as pretty as she can for her husband.

You know, I don't have an issue with changing the name. Branding is important and it does sound as if the name of this camp causes confusion. My main issue was with the way that suggested name change was presented in the article.

The name is horrible, and my first thought when I heard it (even before the faux outrage) was that there would be faux outrage. If the course/camp discusses cover 2, then why call it "101"? The implication is clearly that women need more basics than men. The faux outrage over the faux outrage is additionally delicious.

Hey Sacky, if people stop being outraged about stupid ****, it won't improve your life one bit. Quit finding reasons to be upset.

This board serves as some evidence that men are more engaged with college football (speficially the Buffs). That's hardly a surprise. I applaud the teams' desire to reach out to an underrepresented fan base, but it's insulting to use "101" when doing so.

Why not call "Wimmyn's Buff Camp?". Okay, that's probably not a good solution. But anyway, something that doesn't assume women need remedial football instruction while still promoting a female friendly environment would be a nice start.

Hey Sacky, if people stop being outraged about stupid ****, it won't improve your life one bit. Quit finding reasons to be upset.

This is where you are wrong. My blood pressure would fall. But more importantly, the outrage would be over important ****, which might actually help things get done.

This is where you are wrong. My blood pressure would fall. But more importantly, the outrage would be over important ****, which might actually help things get done.

The outrage over the name is silly, but can you at least admit that the name is insulting (insomuch as you recognize the concept) and sexist?

Back