What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre considering adding an eighth QB

Found a self-made video of Fishback doing QB drills from last week. I am actually impressed by the skills. But there's a sense CU is about to film Necessary Roughness 2 that I can't ignore. I'm sure he's easy to get a hold of if anyone wants to ask him a question.

[video=youtube;o09VNN6ay4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o09VNN6ay4Q[/video]

How much you wanna bet he can throw a football over that mountain?

Kudos to Embo and Staff for great QBs.......2 wins next year MAYBE CSU.....C ARK.....no QB....NO OFFENSE

hahahaha! How many transfers do we predict...not just at qb...powell has been playing fb in practice...concerns?
Not so much about Powell. Coach Mac's style is to move people around into positions that fit them best. I'm hearing good things about DD's move to WR.

The QB position is so key and it's not one you can move players between positions. I'm hoping I'm reading more into the 8th QB recruit than is really there. Time will tell.

"I have a number of schools looking at me to transfer this summer, going into June. But nothing is official yet so I won't really have anything to report until it is official. It is obviously great having schools show interest but until it is official, I am just focusing on playing at Butte. If the opportunity comes along, I will go from there."
http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1488834

Read: no offer yet, and he will jump once he gets one. Given our situation, we probably won't have a spot until the end of the semester. He wants to start in the summer, so the timeline fits.

This is a win/win. We get a QB with some familiarity to Mac's system, has some game experience, and can compete. We lose dead weight at the QB position after the spring. When those guys are gone, that frees up scholarships in which one can be given to Fishback.

We already know what we have. Mac didn't recruit any of these guys so there is no loyality to make sure they work in his system. Webb is done in that he has alreay graduated and we don't have to give a scholie for next season. Wood should transfer if he ever wants to play QB, it will have to be at the D2 level somewhere in Texas. Dorman should get the news soon and move on as well. It doesn't hurt to keep Schrock around.
Our team will be better with Hirsch, Shrock, Dillon, Sefo, and Fishback on the team and with Dorman, Webb, and Wood gone. And we don't need them to switch positions. Don't need another slow small WR in Webb who already has a bad hand. Or a slow Dorman at Safety.
I'm glad that Mac is looking to make moves. It is time to clear out those that don't fit into this system and continue to improve the team.

Not a lot of good QB on the roster. Schrock can continue on the scout team. Dorman moved to safety. Webb moved to WR. Wood moved to TE. No quick fixes. It will take some time to properly rebuild the program. I would give Dillon the starting job if it is even or close to been even with Hirschman in the QB competition. Dillon is the future, he needs the college snaps to get better. Experience means nothing in the current situation.

Webb to WR? Dorman to S? :rofl:

This is a win/win. We get a QB with some familiarity to Mac's system, has some game experience, and can compete. We lose dead weight at the QB position after the spring. When those guys are gone, that frees up scholarships in which one can be given to Fishback.

We already know what we have. Mac didn't recruit any of these guys so there is no loyality to make sure they work in his system. Webb is done in that he has alreay graduated and we don't have to give a scholie for next season. Wood should transfer if he ever wants to play QB, it will have to be at the D2 level somewhere in Texas. Dorman should get the news soon and move on as well. It doesn't hurt to keep Schrock around.
Our team will be better with Hirsch, Shrock, Dillon, Sefo, and Fishback on the team and with Dorman, Webb, and Wood gone. And we don't need them to switch positions. Don't need another slow small WR in Webb who already has a bad hand. Or a slow Dorman at Safety.
I'm glad that Mac is looking to make moves. It is time to clear out those that don't fit into this system and continue to improve the team.

Stop making sense and get with the gloom and doom! You trying to ruin this thread?

I think it is supremely funny that the "sky is falling" with our current QB's and Mac has to look elsewhere. This group of QB's less Dillon because he was injured and could not play won a one whole game last year. And lost 11. And somehow in one spring, Mac would resurrect talent out of Webb, Hirsch, Wood, Schrock, Dorman, and anyone else at the position.

My personal opinion is that if any of them could have won more than one game, they would have set themselves apart. Getting rid of all five and living with Dillon, Sefo and Fishback sounds great to me because I don't know what we have in those three whereas we know exactly what we have with the other five=deadweight. Out of those five, I'd be inclined to keep Hirschman for depth purposes, but it is time to start over with anyone of the three I mentioned and I don't expect more than 3 wins next year. REBUILD! from the ground up and cut the fat off this roster.

If we played Arkansas State tomorrow, we would lose by 40. I don't know why that shocks people. They have been better than us.

Well...good thing we don't play Arkansas State this year or any time in the near future

It's nice not caring anymore.

This. I used to get nervous if any little bad news came down the pipe. Now, I know it doesn't really matter. Just might be the difference between being blown out by 21 points instead of 24 or more.

We will suck until a QB plays very well which we have not seen since Joel Klatt played at CU.

I'm not sold on Dillon due to the competition he faced in high school and that surgically repaired shoulder. It seems like he has had a lot of hype and he played weak competition in high school.

Webb is done with that thumb of his. He hurt it after having that thumb repaired surgically during the offseason.

Wood is a classic case of all hype and no substance. There's a reason why Texas didn't shed tears over losing him. Houston Baptist is starting a FCS program and will play six games this fall and a full schedule in 2014. Wood graduated from a Baptist high school in Houston. Sounds like a good fit for him.

Dorman probably will head home after spring practice. Sam Houston State has an excellent FCS program and that could be where Wood or Dorman transfers to. But Texas does have quite a few D2 schools as well. I'm thinking Dorman and Wood are gone after spring practice for sure. Two D2 Texas schools are transitioning to FCS football and they are Albiene Christian and Incarnate Word.

Schrock threw that pick six in the second scrimmage that went for 100 yards. We have heard about some players playing well in practice but in hindsight, that was against a pretty bad defense. He also had mono and lost weight.

Hirschman gave away the Utah game last season.

I love the idea of just getting rid of the older QBs and starting anew with Sefo, Dillion, and Fishback. Perhaps Schrock will stick around to make it four.

What HCMM needs to do is recruit a Colorado kid to play QB. Our last two CO kids that played QB turned out to be good ones in Ochs and Klatt. Given HCMM's work towards meeting every HS football coach in the state, I believe we will have a CO kid at QB in 2014.

Reactions: aik
I woud say the last difference maker we had behind center was Ochs or Moschetti. Klatt was a good game manager and played well, but I doubt many DC's stayed up at night worrying....

Nash was so close. Then the last paragraph came.

Let's not forget Hessler as well. Lobato led UNC to a 5-6 record which was the best record they had in years. UNC could finally have a winning season for the first time since they joined the Big Sky back in 2006 this fall and it begins with Lobato. I would say that the 2A/3A competition that Eaton (where Lobato played HS ball) plays at isn't much different from what Dillion faced. That will mean we will need to be patient with Dillion given the comments about Dillon being raw which Lobato was when Hawkins brought him to CU. I'm leaning towards Sefo being #2 behind Fishback.

I woud say the last difference maker we had behind center was Ochs or Moschetti. Klatt was a good game manager and played well, but I doubt many DC's stayed up at night worrying....

Moschetti came in as a JUCO transfer and saved GB's rear...I don't get why people should be all upset about Fishback coming in the summer. Wasn't Pesvanto a JUCO transfer as well in addition to Klatt coming off a minor league baseball career? I'm sure we will be going down the JUCO route at QB for the time being.

I'm not upset that Fishback may, or may not, come into camp this summer. I am upset by what appears to be the conclusion none of the QB's on the roster are ready to paly at the P12 level.

Nash, the key to us getting better at QB is not scouring Colorado. I don't know what else to tell you.

Moschetti came in as a JUCO transfer and saved GB's rear...I don't get why people should be all upset about Fishback coming in the summer. Wasn't Pesvanto a JUCO transfer as well in addition to Klatt coming off a minor league baseball career? I'm sure we will be going down the JUCO route at QB for the time being.

Moschetti was a Neuheisel recruit.

I'm not upset that Fishback may, or may not, come into camp this summer. I am upset by what appears to be the conclusion none of the QB's on the roster are ready to paly at the P12 level.

That's the truth. If Fishback is our starter at QB, he has only the summer to get prepared instead of going through the motions in spring ball. Given our WR play the last few seasons, I'd not be too hot about the offense unless we run the ball well.

Nash, the key to us getting better at QB is not scouring Colorado. I don't know what else to tell you.

Nothing wrong with going with a CO kid as a QB based on the last three CO kids to play at QB for the Buffs. I'm saying one CO and one CA kid for the 2014 class if possible. I'd be happy with any good QB play at this point regardless of where the QB comes from.

Back