What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre could add more players to the 2015 class

A grad transfer at any position that MM & staff believe could start right away. LB and TE are our obvious weaknesses, but I wouldn't mind a WR, OL, Interior DL (especially with Tupou situation) or Edge Rusher.

A grad transfer at any position that MM & staff believe could start right away. LB and TE are our obvious weaknesses, but I wouldn't mind a WR, OL, Interior DL (especially with Tupou situation) or Edge Rusher.
I don't really see a need for a grad transfer on the OL, we should be good to go on the line this year.

I don't really see a need for a grad transfer on the OL, we should be good to go on the line this year.

If a guy can start this year as a grad transfer, that means he's better than what we currently have. If that's the case on the OL, and they have the scholarship room, I would definitely welcome the addition. They need all the talent they can get, at every position they can get it.

I do understand they probably aren't actively looking for a grad transfer OL, I was just making a general point that it shouldn't be position specific.

If a guy can start this year as a grad transfer, that means he's better than what we currently have. If that's the case on the OL, and they have the scholarship room, I would definitely welcome the addition. They need all the talent they can get, at every position they can get it.

I do understand they probably aren't actively looking for a grad transfer OL, I was just making a general point that it shouldn't be position specific.

Yeah but it is way harder to build chemistry with a new o lineman that quickly in fall camp.

I just think there are other areas of need where our focus would be better placed. I wouldn't be looking much outside of LB and TE this year.

Yeah but it is way harder to build chemistry with a new o lineman that quickly in fall camp.

I just think there are other areas of need where our focus would be better placed. I wouldn't be looking much outside of LB and TE this year.

I understand OL is not considered an "area of need" in 2015, and that's very promising for CU. However, coming off a 2-10 season, I don't see how we can sit here and say we couldn't use a possible upgrade at arguably the most important position group on the team. Are there more pressing needs? Absolutely. But if you have a the chance to sign a difference-making OL, or a JAG LB, I'd rather have the OL.

TScheckler is right. We should be looking at EVERY position for a grad transfer.

I understand OL is not considered an "area of need" in 2015, and that's very promising for CU. However, coming off a 2-10 season, I don't see how we can sit here and say we couldn't use a possible upgrade at arguably the most important position group on the team. Are there more pressing needs? Absolutely. But if you have a the chance to sign a difference-making OL, or a JAG LB, I'd rather have the OL.

I'm with you on the we need to upgrade talent across the board on the team I just think it is very hard to throw a lineman in to learn the system and be effective in one fall camp. It seems it takes a lot longer than that and by the time he figured it all out he is already done with his only year.

Really would love to see a lb or safety. I mean will Bell be able to hold up? Like others have said, we have plenty of holes so we need whatever help we can get regardless of position.

Really would love to see a lb or safety. I mean will Bell be able to hold up? Like others have said, we have plenty of holes so we need whatever help we can get regardless of position.
I don't really see a need to look at safety either, we've got depth there and some incoming guys.

Still waiting to see actual names of potential transfers.

I'd love to see us bring in somebody who could help us next year at any position but until it happens it is just dreaming without substance.

How many grad transfers actually contributed in the PAC last year? A couple, a few. What makes us think that we are high on the prefence list for the few decent ones that are out there.

We do know that Lucien looked at us out of HS. Who else is out there that we have any kind of shot at?

I do think that we could find some guy who has been a solid player for somebody but is looking at being a depth player if he stays at his current school. Wouldn't be a star for us but could make us stronger. I just don't see a lot of big difference makers out there. We aren't going to get a Russell Wilson who changes our season.

Still waiting to see actual names of potential transfers.

I'd love to see us bring in somebody who could help us next year at any position but until it happens it is just dreaming without substance.

How many grad transfers actually contributed in the PAC last year? A couple, a few. What makes us think that we are high on the prefence list for the few decent ones that are out there.

We do know that Lucien looked at us out of HS. Who else is out there that we have any kind of shot at?

I do think that we could find some guy who has been a solid player for somebody but is looking at being a depth player if he stays at his current school. Wouldn't be a star for us but could make us stronger. I just don't see a lot of big difference makers out there. We aren't going to get a Russell Wilson who changes our season.
Really going out on a limb there, aren't ya?

I don't really see a need to look at safety either, we've got depth there and some incoming guys.

We have 2 guys there who we should feel comfortable with (TT and White) and 1 other guy whose health issues make him an unknown (Bell). Awuzie has spent some time there, but he is a Nickel CB, not a Safety, and Moeller is not a starter. Again, there are other areas that we are deprived at more than OL and S, but it shouldn't mean we turn away a better football player at one of those positions just because we think we're set.

We have 2 guys there who we should feel comfortable with (TT and White) and 1 other guy whose health issues make him an unknown (Bell). Awuzie has spent some time there, but he is a Nickel CB, not a Safety, and Moeller is not a starter. Again, there are other areas that we are deprived at more than OL and S, but it shouldn't mean we turn away a better football player at one of those positions just because we think we're set.

Guys who can play safety...

• Thompson
  • White
  • Bell
  • Awuzie
  • Moeller
  • Mosley
  • Sanchez
  • Laguda

That's 7 scholarship guys for two spots, not including incoming Freshman. Having 8 scholarship guys for essentially 2 positions is overkill, especially when you compare it to TE where there isn't much except Kenney.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority but I don't think you can have enough quality dbs these days. That said, we have more glaring issues.

• Thompson
  • White
  • Bell
  • Awuzie
  • Moeller
  • Mosley
  • Sanchez

That's 6 scholarship guys for two spots. Having 7 scholarship guys for essentially 2 positions is overkill, especially when you compare it to TE where there isn't much except Kenney.

If any of the bottom 4 are starting at safety, something went terribly wrong, and Bell is a bit of a ? considering his health issues. If there was a 5th year senior with P5 experience and talent that could help us out, we should make the signing, IMO.

• Thompson
  • White
  • Bell
  • Awuzie
  • Moeller
  • Mosley
  • Sanchez

That's 6 scholarship guys for two spots. Having 7 scholarship guys for essentially 2 positions is overkill, especially when you compare it to TE where there isn't much except Kenney.

laguda?

I love love a lb transfer. Might be our biggest need. Followed by d line help.

Oh good call, he slipped my mind!

Again, my original point wasn't to advocate for a safety or O lineman to be signed. Just that we need to be open to looking at any and all positions if we're signing a grad transfer, and shouldn't be limiting it to 2 positions only.

If any of the bottom 4 are starting at safety, something went terribly wrong, and Bell is a bit of a ? considering his health issues. If there was a 5th year senior with P5 experience and talent that could help us out, we should make the signing, IMO.
Awuzie has a chance just because he is a baller who needs to be on the field. He's more effective near the LOS, but I wouldn't consider things going wrong if he sees time at S as a starter. Moeller is a guy who will be on scholarship to, and as the season went on he looked more and more like he deserved to be out there.

Had his name but forgot to include it for some reason.

Awuzie has a chance just because he is a baller who needs to be on the field. He's more effective near the LOS, but I wouldn't consider things going wrong if he sees time at S as a starter. Moeller is a guy who will be on scholarship to, and as the season went on he looked more and more like he deserved to be out there.

Awuzie is needed badly at the Nickel position. Him going to Safety means that 3 of White, TT, Bell and Laguda are out, which means something went terribly wrong. He's a our 5th best option (which isn't an indictment, just means we do have some depth there).

Awuzie is needed badly at the Nickel position. Him going to Safety means that 3 of White, TT, Bell and Laguda are out, which means something went terribly wrong. He's a our 5th best option (which isn't an indictment, just means we do have some depth there).
Or he's better than those 3 at safety, while being a boss as a nickle CB. Awuzie is not the 5th best option at safety. Not ideal, but no way is he the 5th best option there at safety.

Really going out on a limb there, aren't ya?

Just trying to be realistic.

It's nice to dream but I don't see a bunch of potential all-Americans saying "Hey, I think I'll leave Alabama and go play for a team that won 2 games last year."

People here talking like it's just a matter of picking what position we want and go sign an instant star.

Or he's better than those 3 at safety, while being a boss as a nickle CB. Awuzie is not the 5th best option at safety. Not ideal, but no way is he the 5th best option there at safety.

I should amend my statement about being the 5th best option, as he may have the talent to be in the top 2. However, there are 4 guys that will play the position in front of him and if he is playing at Safety, it means one of two things:

1 (most likely scenario) - 3 of White, Bell, TT and Laguda got hurt and are out of the game
2 (less likely of the two) - The coaching staff finds out that he is so much better at safety than 3 of those guys that the defense absolutely can't survive without him back there, AND they found a guy who can play Nickel just as well.

Back