What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre: Pac-12 South is tougher than the SEC West

He thinks he is, and if he wasn't first he'd probably bitch about it and file a class action lawsuit against me.

Just so we're clear: Your complaint about Snow is that he confidently articulates opinions that you think are poorly informed or lack insight?

I really, really want to be clear regarding the criteria for justified slapping in this case.

Definitely seems like an excuse. I suppose he's got to have one. It blows that we are at the same place again. Next year is the year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How is it an excuse when it was during a conference call where he was likely asked the question?

How is it an excuse when it was during a conference call where he was likely asked the question?

I'm sure he was just answering the question, but it looks like an excuse no matter the question/context as the losses pile up. I think we're headed in the right direction with MikeMac, but my patience is wearing thin.

I'm sure he was just answering the question, but it looks like an excuse no matter the question/context as the losses pile up. I think we're headed in the right direction with MikeMac, but my patience is wearing thin.
How? Did he blame our losses because of it?

I don't see this as Mac making excuses...we've been good enough to win all but one PAC12 game. He states what he is dealing with, what I think we all see as challenges...being in one of the toughest divisions, having the youngest PAC12 team, dealing with injuries, inheriting the worst FBS program. I just see him describing the mountain he has to climb, not complaining or making excuses about why he can't climb it. But what do I know...I thought we'd win 4 games this year.

I'm not trying to argue with you here. Take it easy tiger. You don't agree with what I wrote. I get it.
I'm not arguing, I'm genuinely asking how people see that comment as an excuse because I don't understand how someone could get that from that quote.

I'm not arguing, I'm genuinely asking how people see that comment as an excuse because I don't understand how someone could get that from that quote.

Okay. Then I think I answered it in post #37. It's pretty easy to conclude this may be an excuse from MikeMac (whether true or not).

The problem is, he's right. He may not be right about the P12 South being as good as the SEC West, but the fact remains that every team in this division is really, really good... except us.

It's a big part of the problem we're going to face going forward. We can improve every year and still end up with 2-3 wins to show for it. I've been beating this drum since we came into this league, and the situation isn't getting any easier for us.

Okay. Then I think I answered it in post #37. It's pretty easy to conclude this may be an excuse from MikeMac (whether true or not).
The only way to conclude it as an excuse is to connect two non-existent dots and pay no attention to the context.

The problem is, he's right. He may not be right about the P12 South being as good as the SEC West, but the fact remains that every team in this division is really, really good... except us.

It's a big part of the problem we're going to face going forward. We can improve every year and still end up with 2-3 wins to show for it. I've been beating this drum since we came into this league, and the situation isn't getting any easier for us.

The power has shifted, and quick. USC is coming back. They will only get better from here. UCLA is not going to take a big step back as long as Mora is there. Same for UofA and ASU. Utah is interesting. I didn't see them making this much noise this year. Whittingham has got them running again.

ALL the Pac12 South teams are ranked, except us. This is such a tough division...is the ACC accepting applications for membership :lol:

Mac: 1-8 vs Pac-12 North, staring at 1-9 after Oregon
0-9 vs Pac-12 South, likely 0-10 after Utah

Maybe he does have a point. Pac-12 S>>Pac-12 N

There is no issue. Coaches should just never talk about anything and answer questions with nothing but cliches. We pick apart every freakn thing.

From phone

Cliches and Coachspeak are also off limits. Hawkins ruined that.

CU fans have gone Al Davis now. "Just win, baby." If MacIntyre starts winning, most of what he says will be golden and the stuff that doesn't sound right to us will be ignored.

Cliches and Coachspeak are also off limits. Hawkins ruined that.

CU fans have gone Al Davis now. "Just win, baby." If MacIntyre starts winning, most of what he says will be golden and the stuff that doesn't sound right to us will be ignored.

Not sure about that, most fans seem to enjoy the rebuilding process and only want to win the right way.

Back