What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre part of ESPN's nat'l championship coverage

I don't need or want a studio show with Mike Leach. I just want Leach on his couch with a pizza and a six pack giving a running dialogue while the game is happening. He could even mix in some football talk if he wanted.
Just show a silhouette of the back of his head, plus a couple of robots for him to chat with and a game on a screen in front of them.

I've wanted a football show in the MST3000 format for a while - and you're right, the pirate would be the perfect coach to do it.

Rhule is a tool!
He fits perfectly at Baylor, and belongs right in the coaching fraternity of Sark and Kiff

Rhule is a tool!
He fits perfectly at Baylor, and belongs right in the coaching fraternity of Sark and Kiff

Some people are impressed by coaches who suck all the air out of the room. Look at who is winning championships and it is not those types of guys. Media gets enamored by them, but I'm just fine if CU never hires another Neuheisel or Hawkins type self-promotor.

MM is a fish out of water with those clowns. He really looks like he is uncomfortable and just does not fit in. Not a bad thing, just kind of a wall flower with a bunch of yahoos.

I got too confused because there're too many guys in there. Maybe have one lead, play-by-play-ish guy and 3 coaches or so? It just seems a tad bit chaotic.

Agree with you on this, and it would probably keep them more engaged as well.

The concern may have been that since none of these guys are professional broadcasters you don't know what you get till they are on. If you had 3 coaches but picked 2 that ended up clamming up you wouldn't have a show.

Maybe have a "lead panel" and then a couple more kind of on the sidelines to bring in for specific situations and based on the need.

Tough to do with guys who aren't broadcasters by nature.

It does look though like they are starting to get more involved as the game is closing. I'd hate to see this though if it was a blowout.

I got too confused because there're too many guys in there. Maybe have one lead, play-by-play-ish guy and 3 coaches or so? It just seems a tad bit chaotic.
Agree. They should get rid of everyone but the ****bailer guy.

I don't need or want a studio show with Mike Leach. I just want Leach on his couch with a pizza and a six pack giving a running dialogue while the game is happening. He could even mix in some football talk if he wanted.

With Bill Walton. I didn't know I needed this until now.

They should have broken them down by quarter. 3 coaches per quarter max. Then switch it up.

HCMM likes to ride a horse til it's nearly dead. He's begging to hand the ball to #9 over and over again..... and now he's down to injury.
I mean, to be fair, Scarbrough is fairly fresh as he hasn't been the feature back pretty much all season, he closed out the semifinal against Washington for them, and at the point when he got hurt he was averaging something like 7.0 YPC. MM wasn't exactly wrong.

I absolutely loved this. All the x's and o's, the end zone view and panned out view replays to show plays developing and defensive shifts, without all of the BS puff pieces and commentator fill. I wish I could watch every game like this.

I thought, from a combination of likeability and x's and o's knowledge, that Mac and Addazio showed the best. Addazio seems like a pretty cool, laid back old school dude that you'd want to drink a tall boy and smoke a Doral with and just shoot the sh*t. The kind of guy who would slap the taste out of the mouth of a guy like Rhule if he pushed him too far and then go back to what he was doing like nothing happened.

Rhule seems like the guy that you know within 5 minutes that if you had to deal with him everyday, that you'd be absolutely fed up with his crap in about 2 days. So then every little thing he does, even if it's not that bad, ends up driving you up a f*cking wall.

I mean, to be fair, Scarbrough is fairly fresh as he hasn't been the feature back pretty much all season, he closed out the semifinal against Washington for them, and at the point when he got hurt he was averaging something like 7.0 YPC. MM wasn't exactly wrong.
Also, that's what HCMM does. He rides the stars if things are working. See, sefo, liufau, 20 carries a game.

Then BYU's coach must be a goddamn genius.
Although I think he had the best quip of the night. BC's coach was carrying on about the ACC being 9-3 in bowl games, and he says, "independents were undefeated."

It was a no-brainer to invite Mac to do this as the face of the program's turnaround and the COTY honors he got to finish the year. Unfortunately he has a lot more on his plate than originally planned a month ago so clearly he wanted out of there as soon as the game was over. Lots weighing on his mind, but it was good to see him and great exposure for Colorado.

Addazio really showed well as a guy who has seen more football than anyone else in the room and I liked it when he was really getting technical with his observations. That's much more than you get from most commentary during games so it was refreshing even if a good chunk of it went clear over my head.

Doeren didn't add much. Rhule was in classic selling his new program mode by trying to appeal as that big talker who could offer your son all the great resources of mighty Baylor if you sign his LOI away. Total salesman and I'm sure his Paterno-bred pomposity had no influence on that persona at all.

I was impressed greatly with Mac. I was not so much so much with the BYU coach. Rhule loves to talk.

Found it funny that Mac was so knowledgeable on players where they were from and other info. Shows he doesn't just let everyone run the show. He knows about every aspect of the program.

Was funny how they kept teasing Mac about that alabama (Colorado) punter.
Good, maybe he'll wake up and realize how important that phase of the game is. ST have been a pathetic joke from day one of his tenure here. More than anything, maybe other than Bernardi, this has been my biggest disappointment with MMac.

Back