What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre post-practice videos

Again. Manziel was a star. If Apsay showed any sign of that level of play in practice, he would be starting. Texas A&M also didn't let their QB get blown up every other play. They had a competent, top tier SEC level, O-Line.
I would say that we really don't know if Apsay has what it takes to be a star at this point. We do know that Sefo will not be.

I would say that we really don't know if Apsay has what it takes to be a star at this point. We do know that Sefo will not be.

If HCMM was truly desperate to succeed immediately, wouldn't he pull sefo in favor of a QB he thought would win more games? Its apparent that the coaches, based on what they see in practice every day, do not believe any other QB on the roster gives them a better shot to win.

If HCMM was truly desperate to succeed immediately, wouldn't he pull sefo in favor of a QB he thought would win more games? Its apparent that the coaches, based on what they see in practice every day, do not believe any other QB on the roster gives them a better shot to win.
I see it as a "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" situation. HCMM doesn't want to pull Sefo, destroy what condidence he has left, and then have to put him back in.

I see it as a "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" situation. HCMM doesn't want to pull Sefo, destroy what condidence he has left, and then have to put him back in.

If Apsay is as good as assumed, then why would they have to put Sefo back in?

This past Saturday night about half way through the 2nd qtr. was the first time I shouted at my tv for Sefo to be benched. I am good (he's serviceable) with Sefo, but he was really bad Saturday night. I thought him grabbing a seat and watching a couple of series would have helped him some.

Sefo already lost his confidence. Pulling him won't hurt that (further). I think the only way he gets it back is to come in off the bench with the pressure off.

May I point out Koy Detmer looked like a 14 y.o. He did OK. I remember walking past him on campus and thinking, "why is this Jr. High kid wearing CU football gear?". Dude looked like he would break in a stiff breeze, but he sure as hell got it done.
Koy was very accomplished as a QB in spite of his physical look...he was well coached in HS at the position. Plus his supporting cast was very good (top 10 talent in the country). CU does not have that today. Montez has ability but is very unpolished...if he could redshirt this year and take meaningful snaps next year he could be really good. Putting him out there as chum for the defensive sharks in the PAC12 would be criminal.

Koy was very accomplished as a QB in spite of his physical look...he was well coached in HS at the position. Plus his supporting cast was very good (top 10 talent in the country). CU does not have that today. Montez has ability but is very unpolished...if he could redshirt this year and take meaningful snaps next year he could be really good. Putting him out there as chum for the defensive sharks in the PAC12 would be criminal.
I won't say I know what to do. I do think the time has come to put some thought into another QB. Maybe Sefo really is the best by a fair margin. If that is so, CU really has not recruited well to the QB position if no one on the roster can really challenge him. Montez probably should keep his RS. I have seen enough of Gehrke to know he would not be any better than Sefo. Looks like this year will be about like last....

Who is going to go and compare punt coverage lineups between last game and the Arizona game to see if HCMM was referring to a player or the coach? Either case we better see marked improvement this week.

Who is going to go and compare punt coverage lineups between last game and the Arizona game to see if HCMM was referring to a player or the coach? Either case we better see marked improvement this week.

He was referring to a player. Said that each blocked punt this year it was the same guy.

The tipped punt vs Oregon was Frazier. He put his head down and closed his eyes and missed the guy coming in. That's what it seemed like.

I have not put the time in to watch the punts? Slow snap? Putter slow getting it off?
3 blocked punts, 2 players, one position. Sounds like scheme to me. It was Irwin and Frazier letting guys in from what I saw.

If Apsay is as good as assumed, then why would they have to put Sefo back in?
I don't think many people are making that assumption. Everything coming out from practice and training camp was he is really far behind Sefo. I'm not sure what that means though...their practices are absolutely no indicator of what is going to happen on the field.

The tipped punt vs Oregon was Frazier. He put his head down and closed his eyes and missed the guy coming in. That's what it seemed like.
I remember MM mentioning it was Frazier not being on the field during the uh game also...so I think he is the culprit, (also the replacement for Frazier, since he was suspended the uh game).

Back