What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mack Brown reportedly stepping down

Apparently the midget doesn't need a challenge after all. Go back to the NFL if ur going somewhere.

What you are ignoring is the smear campaign that Bailor launched against us during the switch and they think they can do that with because they have God's backing, along with their murder scandal not too long ago. **** them. Texas ruined the Big 12, but I hate Bailor 1000x more than UT.

And yes I remember every event you described above, still doesn't make me hate Bailor less than UT. As Nik said, UT is UT. They have all the resources a AD needs, Bailor doesn't have that and if you cut off the neck (Briles) of the animal (their football team) it's going to die, and it is going to be glorious.

You're forgetting that the entire state of Texas sucks ass.

I hate all Texas schools.

this

Heard about that prank yesterday. Hilarious.

But there are quite a few rumors out there with people claiming to have sources that Saban is headed to Texass. I could see it. With the talent he would have on the team to start with there is not much of a rebuilding effort there. And given that the BigTexas is really about them anyway, it wouldn't take much for him to dominate the conference and get to the final 4 every year.

Would kind of like to see Bama drop several notches, but not keen on seeing Texass return to dominance. At least we don't have to play them anymore.

All this hype for 1 man. Just do not understand or agree with. Texas should be able to dominate just on name and recruiting in state. There are a dozen coaches out there that could come in and win. I despise when people are put up on a ivory tower, makes me not like them.

Texas should be able to dominate just on name and recruiting in state.

I understand this reasoning, but give me an example where this has been true. You could say the same about USC, Bama, Florida, Ohio State, Miami, FSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, etc. Every single power program goes through cycles with huge swings. Ultimately, it's all about the coach in college football.

I understand this reasoning, but give me an example where this has been true. You could say the same about USC, Bama, Florida, Ohio State, Miami, FSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, etc. Every single power program goes through cycles with huge swings. Ultimately, it's all about the coach in college football.
I'd say Texas should be at worst a top 5 program (that's not the same as being the #5 ranked program) at all times, unlike many of those other schools you mentioned. That's not to say they will be, but I'd say they are clearly above Miami, FSU, LSU, Oklahoma, and Georgia.

The constant reporting and "breaking news" banners on espin is over the top. I'm sure espin hopes all the oppressive reminders will somehow generate more subscriptions to their beloved donghorn network. Or perhaps the rumors started in Bristol in some perverse new marketing strategy.

Except they (speculation) make a lot more money on their SEC deal, and have considerable financial interest in the SEC NC machine.

They are going to make money on the SEC deal with or without Sabin. The LHN has not come close to what they wanted and expected. If UT is winning and relevant they have a better chance of the horns fans taking enough interest to force wider distribution.

I'd say Texas should be at worst a top 5 program (that's not the same as being the #5 ranked program) at all times, unlike many of those other schools you mentioned. That's not to say they will be, but I'd say they are clearly above Miami, FSU, LSU, Oklahoma, and Georgia.

Again, you could say that each of the teams listed above should be "top 5" every year, but they are not. That's just the reality, regardless of what anyone thinks "should" happen. Where is USC ranked now? Where is Florida ranked now? How many years did Bama suck before Saban? etc. Miami? It's all about leadership and pulling thoes resources together. If it was easy, Texas would have not had a 35 year gap between national championships.

USC has way more national championships and Heisman winners. UT is in the top tier, but there are lots of schools in that top tier and none of them are always "at worst a top 5 program at all times.

As far as historical programs Texas is Top 5. Most casual fans would recognize the "Texas brand" before some of today's up and comers. Same with Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama and Southern Cal.

With the Longhorn Network an ESPN collaboration...they definitely want Saban in Texas IMO
Mack Brown IIRC doesn't like how much Longhorn Network stuff he has to do, specifically without giving away the playbook so to speak. This could be hurt NOT help for Saban IMO.

Mack Brown IIRC doesn't like how much Longhorn Network stuff he has to do, specifically without giving away the playbook so to speak. This could be hurt NOT help for Saban IMO.

Brown didn't have a stake in LHN though.

USC has way more national championships and Heisman winners. UT is in the top tier, but there are lots of schools in that top tier and none of them are always "at worst a top 5 program at all times.
There's also not the fan support at USC. By top 5, I mean they should be a top 5 relevant program. A lot easier to see USC going through a lean period IMO, it's LA, there's a lot more to do there. It will never be Bama or Notre Dame, where life revolves around football.

Back