What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mack Brown

WOW!!! up until this past weekends games the Big XII was ranked #1 out of the 6 BCS conferences with the SEC 2nd, Big 10 3rd and the PAC12 4th in power ratings followed up by the ACC with the Big East being last.

Also the Big XII was able to go 38-2 in OOC games this past season

I guess what you are saying is if Texas isnt ranked then the conference must suck.....

Poor OOC scheduling compared to the Pac-12. Take away the state of Oklahoma and the rest of the conference is going to get embarrased in bowl games.

Poor OOC scheduling compared to the Pac-12. Take away the state of Oklahoma and the rest of the conference is going to get embarrased in bowl games.

I don't know about that. It looks like the two Oklahoma schools will likely get BCS bowl games, assuming they are both undefeated going into that final game in Stillwater.

I think Baylor, KSU, Missouri, and Texas A&M could certainly win bowl games.

Texas has top notch talent, but they are not alone or even at the top, measured by rivals rankings.

USC recruiting class rankings from ‘07-‘1: 2,8,4,1,4 That’s amazing.
Georgia: 9,7,6,15,5 - Four out of five classes in the top 10.
Florida: 1,3,11,2,12 - Three classes in the top 3
Florida State: 21,9,7,10,2 - Four classes in a row in the top 10

There are many other schools that have had very good recruiting classes over the course of five years or so. Many of these teams are not translating recruiting rankings into wins on the field. Over the past 12 years or so Brown has done as well as anyone in terms of winnign percentage, wins over ranked opponents, BCS wins, national championship appearances, etc. He's no Saban or Stoops, but my most measures he's doing very well when you look at the long view. That said, if current trend continues he'll be forced out, just like anywhere else.

Back