What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Make An Announcement NOW

It they want to see one more game before making their decision then it sounds like they're looking for a reason to justify the fact that they're going to keep him around another year.
You could be right but I don't think JE will give it to him. He'd actually have to win the game for that to happen.

Hawkins was fired in season.

Barnett was officially fired on Thursday, December 8, 2005 - which was 5 days after the Big 12 Championship game, which Colorado lost 70-3.

Hawkins was fired in season.

Barnett was officially fired on Thursday, December 8, 2005 - which was 5 days after the Big 12 Championship game, which Colorado lost 70-3.

We went to a bowl game in 2005, so Barnett was also technically fired in season.

It they want to see one more game before making their decision then it sounds like they're looking for a reason to justify the fact that they're going to keep him around another year.

They are. They want to say that they gave him the full season to make his case. I actually understand this, even if I don't agree with it.

I don't have any problem on waiting until the season ends to make a change.

However, I think it is rather silly to be deciding a future based upon ONE game.

2-10 = Embree stays, but 1-11 = Embree fired?

Both results are pretty ******, to me.

I don't have any problem on waiting until the season ends to make a change.

However, I think it is rather silly to be deciding a future based upon ONE game.

2-10 = Embree stays, but 1-11 = Embree fired?

Both results are pretty ******, to me.

I totally agree, but I think it could come down to it. I honestly don't know what goes on in their ivory tower.

In my mind it isn't even the W-L totals. While 1-11 or 2-10 is unacceptable, the fact is that the team shows NO improvement at all from last year or during the season. If we were able to compete with the teams we face yet lose I think I would have been frustrated, but willing to support one more year. As it is, it is a complete failure that needs more than just a band-aid solution.

Back