What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

mangino on his way out?

Mangino would be a great hire for us as OC. Track record speaks for itself on the offensive side of the ball.

The biggest bonus to hiring Mangino would be to help the economy. Restaurant businesses in Boulder would be BOOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Hire Mangino, FOR AMERICA!

:lol:

Plus we could run Mangino and Ralphie.

Mangino would be a great hire for us as OC. Track record speaks for itself on the offensive side of the ball.

The biggest bonus to hiring Mangino would be to help the economy. Restaurant businesses in Boulder would be BOOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Hire Mangino, FOR AMERICA!

:lol:

If we hired Mangina, Shanahan might come on staff for free. We could make it a package deal. If Shanny comes to Boulder, we'll make sure he gets Mangina's restaurant business.... :smile2:

I agree with Mangino: ""You lose a few games in a row, those type of things surface. It's not uncommon," he said."

I bet he hurt that guy's feelings, and his mom's. :cry:

Mangino was just spotted on a plane leaving kansas:

epic-fail-airplane-seat-fail.jpg

More info on Mangino:

Kipp, a defensive lineman under Mangino in 2002 and ’03, told the Journal-World this week that he endured significant injuries to his hand as a result of a punishment carried out by the coach — a claim backed up by multiple former players, as well as photos taken shortly after the incident.
[...]
[Kipp] was instead told to “bear-crawl” across the AstroTurf field at Memorial Stadium on his hands and feet. On multiple occasions, Kipp said, he stopped to complain that the turf was burning his hands — according to a University of Arkansas report, artificial playing surfaces have been documented at up to 199 degrees in temperature — but was ordered by Mangino, who was walking alongside the crawling player, to keep going.

In responding to these accusations, Mangino replied that he was simply trying to make Kipp stronger than his relatives who died in the Great Chicago Fire. Further gory details can be perused at KUSports.com.

Awesome, they'll fire him, their best players are gone, KU back to the cellar.

The sad thing is that the Big 12 North will be wide open next year. No clear favorite at all. If we had a halfway decent coach running the show, we'd be in a great position to play in the CCG. I'm not confident in our chances with Hawkins running things.

The sad thing is that the Big 12 North will be wide open next year. No clear favorite at all. If we had a halfway decent coach running the show, we'd be in a great position to play in the CCG. I'm not confident in our chances with Hawkins running things.

Yep :huh:. There will be no excuse for Hawk to not be able to compete for a North title next year. The North is not looking good next year. MU, NU, and KSU are the only teams that I can see being good.

Even the south might have a little bit of a down year. The big 12 is there for the taking. Who will it be?

Yep :huh:. There will be no excuse for Hawk to not be able to compete for a North title next year. The North is not looking good next year. MU, NU, and KSU are the only teams that I can see being good.

Wow, I thought this was the year of no excuses...

So only half of the north teams will look good? And that makes it easy for Hawk? Seeing as how he is 2-10 against those teams, you'll pardon me if I don't hold my breath....

Hah well I was just trying to say that ISU and KU will be terrible, and out of those 3 only one of them will probably be overly good.

And yes, next year is no excuses! I don't know where you heard this year was...

Not sure if this has been "officially" posted yet. But ESPN's Joe Schad is reporting that Mangino will NOT be back next year.

It's official, Mangino "resigned."

I would hate to be a Kansas fan right now; they are not going to be good anytime soon. The wrong Big 12 N coach resigned.

Wow, I'm a bit surprised he's actually gone then. Unless KU shocks me by finding a really top-end coach, I think they're gonna suck for a while. Mangino was a good coach. Big mistake letting him go or making it so miserable for him that he felt he needed to resign.

Back