What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Manning to Broncos - not a good thing for Buffs

77buff

The Denver media has never been that good to the CU football program. Manning and the Broncos will completely dominate the sports media in Colorado.

The Broncos would completely dominate the Colorado sports media if they signed Cody Hawkins to start for them next season.

Not necessarily a bad thing when you consider our prospects on the field next year.

I agree with UBL. This wont hurt us at all. If anything it will bring a bigger spotlight to Colorado football in general. More nationally broadcast events in Denver is good for us no matter what.

Not necessarily a bad thing when you consider our prospects on the field next year.

Agreed. Manning might be in Denver just two to three seasons which would be enough time for CU to quietly build up the program.

BTW, if there´s anything the last 1.5 weeks showed it´s that the state and the Denver media will rally behind a winner. We had our flag flying at the Capitol for god´s sake. Don´t whine, show some ****ing pride.

Denver Media ignore the Buffs and that has nothing to do with how good the Bronco's are. It was going to be all about the QB race thru August.

One thing I like about Utah when I visit there. Talk radio is 24/7 about UofU and BYU. 24/7. Very knowledgeable fans there as well who live/breath college football.

The Denver media has never been that good to the CU football program. Manning and the Broncos will completely dominate the sports media in Colorado.

Exactly why should the Denver media talk about CU Football? The last 6 years have been quite possible the worst stretch of football in its history. Next year the team will be lucky to be favored in 4 of its games

I don't see the correlation. The Broncos weren't exactly a last place team when CU was going through their best stretch from 89-96 and CU got plenty of air time. CU sucking has nothing to do with the Broncos, Nuggets, the media, the Rockies, Dave Logan, etc.

Denver Media ignore the Buffs and that has nothing to do with how good the Bronco's are. It was going to be all about the QB race thru August.

One thing I like about Utah when I visit there. Talk radio is 24/7 about UofU and BYU. 24/7. Very knowledgeable fans there as well who live/breath college football.

What else is there to talk about? The Jazz?

I was sitting in Mile High in '89 when this turd Bronco fan walks in with a Bronco sweatshirt and a Bronco hat. He stands up and raises his Bronco sweatshirt and he's got a green ND tee shirt on underneath it. His Bronco buddies all start laughing and clapping. CU was going to play ND that year for the NC. That 's kind of always been the attitude of Bronco fans. f*** the Broncos.

I was sitting in Mile High in '89 when this turd Bronco fan walks in with a Bronco sweatshirt and a Bronco hat. He stands up and raises his Bronco sweatshirt and he's got a green ND tee shirt on underneath it. His Bronco buddies all start laughing and clapping. CU was going to play ND that year for the NC. That 's kind of always been the attitude of Bronco fans. f*** the Broncos.

You´ll find plenty of people here who support the Buffs and the Broncos.

That was my thought as well. Did you see where Buffscoop.com broke the news that the coaches think as many as 10 freshman may start next year? Oh, man, will it be a tough go if that proves to be true.

That was my thought as well. Did you see where Buffscoop.com broke the news that the coaches think as many as 10 freshman may start next year? Oh, man, will it be a tough go if that proves to be true.

Embree said he expects roughly 75% of the incoming class to contribute in big roles from day 1. Thats what? Roughly 20 kids? Thats gonna be tough. Luckily I see a ton of talent in this class

Big Al and Dmac didn't lead of their show today with Peyton Manning but rather by talking about CU basketball specifically the awesome crowd showing in ABQ. It only lasted about 20 seconds but i'll take it.

Considering how bad CU will be next year, no coverage is good imo. By the time Manning retires and the Broncos suck, it could coincide perfectly with CU's supposed upward trend.

Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but do people really think the media coverage of Manning's Broncos is going to exceed the media coverage of Tebow's Broncos? I'm not sure that is even possible.

This is the case with most states that have a good pro team. Wisconsin plays 2nd fiddle to the Packers. Chicago is all Bears (and Bulls). St Louis loves the Rams more than their Tigers. DC is a Redskins town, etc, etc. Even Tennesee is becoming more about the Titans than the Vols. However, if the Buffs win, people will get behind them.

I think all you have to do is look at the devastation Drew Brees coming to NO inflicted on the LSU program to know that 77 makes a valid point...

I agree with UBL. This wont hurt us at all. If anything it will bring a bigger spotlight to Colorado football in general. More nationally broadcast events in Denver is good for us no matter what.

totally agree, every Bronco game will show the mountain backdrop at least 3 or 4 times and they often mention Boulder

I also think the BB success will help FB. The better our image in the HS kid's minds, the more some kids will want to come here

On the crazy side, I e-mailed Plati, suggesting that if some donor had an extra $100k, they should hire a designer, to come up with some really cool CU gear, appealing specifically to West coast HS kids

and maybe for the 1st time ever, if you get discouraged by the team this Fall, you will honestly be able to get excited and look forward to a long BB season.

You´ll find plenty of people here who support the Buffs and the Broncos.

exactly. i remember in '86 i went to the donkies vs seadogs game the day after CU upset #3 nebraska at mile high stadium. they did a recap of the the college game scores. they did airforce, CSU, wyoming and then the CU game... that place damn near erupted when the CU win over nebraska was announced. and it was a standing O.

one of my best friends growing up, her dad has two box seats at MHS. one in the end zone and one one the 50. he played for UW (no not washington) on thier last rose bowl team before they went in '93. he also has CU season tickets and is a big money doner to CU. well, not to the tune of millions but a decent chunck of money.

this idea that donkie fans dont like CU is dumb and not true. the tickets we got for that Seahawks game were from a CU season ticket holder.

I understand the "set low expectations and exceed them" strategy but I think it is misplaced in this case. If we were still under the last regime, I could possibly see your point. I actually think it is very realistic, looking at our schedule, to expect 6-7 wins next year. I call that progress. As for the Denver area, they do love a winner and the Buffs will get good press once we start beating good teams consistently. That hasn't happened for about 15 years.

Man oh man. Worrying about how Manning is going to affect us in the local media sounds like some silly Rammie ****. We're better than this.

It was really nice of Peyton to wait to make his decision until Buffs hoops was eliminated. He's a great guy, didn't want to overshadow another great story.

Back