What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Manning to Broncos - not a good thing for Buffs

I can agree with the sentiment that some Broncos fans are CSU fans (12 of them) or people who don't give a **** about the Buffs. But there are also a whole lot of Buffs and Broncos fans (myself included). Same can be said for the Rox, Nugs and Avs.

I can agree with the sentiment that some Broncos fans are CSU fans (12 of them) or people who don't give a **** about the Buffs. But there are also a whole lot of Buffs and Broncos fans (myself included). Same can be said for the Rox, Nugs and Avs.

What about Buff fans that hate the Donks? I got to agree with 77, **** the Broncos!

Buff fans are our own breed. We enjoy the Broncos, but love the Buffs. That won't change. The trick is to get to the point where the national media is noticing us. Screw the local Denver media. No wonder "Mike and Mike" have better ratings than "Mike and Joel" or "Mark and Eric."

I was sitting in Mile High in '89 when this turd Bronco fan walks in with a Bronco sweatshirt and a Bronco hat. He stands up and raises his Bronco sweatshirt and he's got a green ND tee shirt on underneath it. His Bronco buddies all start laughing and clapping. CU was going to play ND that year for the NC. That 's kind of always been the attitude of Bronco fans. f*** the Broncos.

Ummm, I was a Bronco season ticket holder for 38 years and happen to bleed Silver & Gold.

Sure, there are Buffs fans that hate the Donks, and vice versa. But I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying a poll amongst Donks fans would yield CU as the favorite college team (about 35-40%, I'm guessing) and a poll amongst Buffs fans would yield the Donks as the favorite (50-60%, again a guess). However, I agree with DBT that those of us who are Buffs fans tend to be more passionate about the Buffs.

I think all you have to do is look at the devastation Drew Brees coming to NO inflicted on the LSU program to know that 77 makes a valid point...
Completely incorrect - When Brees came to NO he was damaged goods - just had shoulder surgery. Nobody knew what the Saint's were getting, and that's why San Diego let him go. Only two teams were interested in him, and one was NO. LSU was, still is and always will be the most popular football team in Louisiana. The Saints are and always have been second fiddle. Completely opposite of the relationship between the Broncos and CU.

Last edited:
Win the PAC every other year for a few years and the media will be right there. People aren't going to say anything good about team that has a losing record year after year.

PM to the Broncos is great for the Buffs! This state needs to be a football hotbed EVERY year at EVERY level! The Broncos are doing their part, now it's CU's turn. That is how you attract more talent.

Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but do people really think the media coverage of Manning's Broncos is going to exceed the media coverage of Tebow's Broncos? I'm not sure that is even possible.
One thing is for damn sure, all those Bronco freaks who bought those #15 jerseys ar really gonna be pissed!

What about Buff fans that hate the Donks? I got to agree with 77, **** the Broncos!

Nothing like lining the pocket of the local for profit sports team that held the city hostage for millions. Of course the blue collar locals forked it over. Keep rocking that Tebow, Cutler, Plummer, Griese, Orton jersey bro. Nothing like idolizing a paid mercenary who doesn't get two sh*ts about Colorado.

Run Ralphie.

Last edited:
Nothing like lining the pocket of the local for profit sports team that held the city hostage for millions. Of course the blue collar locals forked it over. Keep rocking that Tebow, Cutler, Plummer, Griese jersey bro, they're only paid mercenaries.

Run Ralphie.
Can I reiterate this in a different way? The Broncos are a Hooker.

Nothing like lining the pocket of the local for profit sports team that held the city hostage for millions. Of course the blue collar locals forked it over. Keep rocking that Tebow, Cutler, Plummer, Griese, Orton jersey bro. Nothing like idolizing a paid mercenary who doesn't get two sh*ts about Colorado.

Run Ralphie.

Someone has an opinion. :lol:

Run Ralphie.
Dude, when are you going to come out of your shell?:lol:

This will have zero impact on the Buffs. Denver is, and always will be a Broncos town. You can hate that all you want, it won't change.

Once CU starts winning 8 games or more a year on a regular basis and is in a posistion to be in the discussion for a shot at the Pac-12 championship, CU will get the media coverage it deserves. Broncos will always get a bit more, but that doesn't mean that they won't cover CU when they are good. Right now the buffs don't really warrant much more coverage then they are getting. Winning cures all ills. Embo will get us there just not as soon as most of us would like. There is room enough for both teams.

Huh? Not sure what you're referring to but the Buffs are #1 by a longshot and I'm also a huge Bronco fan.
Just making a joke about us fans feeling blue the last 6 years. You said you have been a Bronco season ticket holder for the past 38 years - have you also been a CU season ticket holder for the past 38 years? I used to live just a few blocks from Cherry Creek Reservoir on the golf course. If Manning starts winning with the Broncos it will be very hard to get tickets. Hopefully, that will be the same case with the Buffs 3 or 4 years from now. It is unfortunate that a pro team that is in a city just to make $ is more popular than the state university. No knock on the Broncos, that fat _$$ Tom Benson was ready to move the Saints to Texas after Katrina. I don't give a rat's _$$ about pro teams - it used to be different before free agency, but now it's completely a $ game with players who come and go every year. What's that #15 jersey going to be worth now? When Manning retires it will be as a Colt, I guarantee you Indy will sign him for one day so he can retire a Colt.

Last edited:
I was curious so I did some research. Turns out, the Broncos generally play on Sunday while, amazingly, the Buffs generally play on, get this, Saturday! My hypothesis is that it is possible to be a fan of both teams.

This will have zero impact on the Buffs. Denver is, and always will be a Broncos town. You can hate that all you want, it won't change.

This! :iagree:

And if Manning were to go down for a while then the Buffs would become more attractive to the media.

I was curious so I did some research. Turns out, the Broncos generally play on Sunday while, amazingly, the Buffs generally play on, get this, Saturday! My hypothesis is that it is possible to be a fan of both teams.
How many of those Bronco season ticket holders have Buff season tickets? Just a good guess - but not many. No knock on Bronco fans - it's their money, and none of my damn business what they spend it on.

Last edited:
This! :iagree:

And if Manning were to go down for a while then the Buffs would become more attractive to the media.
I think that's all the media is going to talk about until the Broncos start losing. Vegas now has Denver 8-1 super bowl favorites. Big jump from when #15 was behind center. I never want to wish somebody gets injured.

I apologize. The Broncos fanbase voodoo reaches far and wide.
There's nothing at all wrong with being a Bronco fan. What you spend your money on is nobody's business but your own. I saw the Broncos play a few times when I lived in Denver, but the tickets were given to me. I never spent any money to see the Broncos play except when they played in the Superdome in 1990 and got their asses kicked by San Francisco. Left at halftime and got drunk in the French Quarter.

Last edited:
Back